“nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
PA
“nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Staff was very nice and helpful. Had 2 bedroom 2 bath condo on 19th floor. Clean and nice. Great views. Pools were clean. Grandkids loved heated lazy river. Very nice overall. Would go back again
no problems sleeping. Couldn't hear neighbors or people getting off the elevator

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We had a great stay. The 1 bdrm condo oceanview was wonderful. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The bed was comfy and it was quiet as you don't hear your neighbors. The pools were good and access to beach was easy. We would recommend this resort to anyone. We will be back.

• Stayed October 2012
Clayton, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My family and I have stayed at over 12 resorts in the MB area. This one is my new 2nd favorite. We had a 2 bedroom condo on the 17th floor. Overall we really enjoyed everything and we will stay here again.

Here are the positives (as compared to other 2 br suites) I noticed:

~ bathrooms are connected to the bedrooms
~ hallway/2nd bedroom bath was large
~ linen are good quality
~ kitchen is huge
~ double oceanfront balconies were great
~ elevators were fast
~ corridors are glasses in so not noisy
~ sofa & side chairs were nice quality

Here are the not as positive things I noticed:

~ dining table only seated 4 (not big enough for this size unit)
~ recliner was very "worn out"
~ no alarm clock in 2nd bedroom
~ no DVD player in master bedroom
~ no hair dryer in 2nd bathroom
~ no ice bucket in kitchen
~ carpet was pretty worn around the doorways
~ dryer didn't function correctly (took 90 minutes to dry a few items)
~ mattress in 2nd bedroom were VERY firm
~ if you need extra linens, plan ahead because I had to wait 2 hours for towels

These are all specific the this particular unit and will not keep us from staying here again. The one big negative was the very tight parking deck which I was aware of before our stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here through VRBO, private 3 bedroom room. It has 3 bdrms and 3 bathrooms. A full kitchen and laundry, a huge balcony too. The property has a lazy (semi-indoors) river with a pool, a baby pool and 1 hot-tub. Then out in the sun it has a large (cold) pool with a baby pool area. I think if I was here in a busier time they would need more hot-tubs. Everything seems clean enough, and close to lots of entertainment and stores and restaurants. Gym is adequate ans seems better than most at these type of places. There is a games room, and snack/feed shop and gift shop on premises.

Room Tip: rooms up to 6th floor can park on same level avoiding the need to use elevators.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Accident, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed in a 4 bedroom condo on the 9th floor from August 12 - 17, with 14 to 16 of us throught the week. The view was great, the location is in the southern end of Myrtle Beach, very close to the airport--which was convenient as we had to pick up different family members who flew in 3 straight days. The condo was clean. The front desk was very helpful. They let my sister in early when the smaller room was clean. My boxspring was broken, and they had maintenance there quickly.We did have trouble with our keys not working after a couple of days, and had to have maintenance check it out. Somehow they were being keyed wrong, he told us as he said nothing wrong with the lock but the keys they gave us did not work, and back down to the front desk we went. If you have a problem with one you have to have all rekeyed. It was hard to track down 5 keys when one stopped working. And there is a different key to the lockout room, so that caused confusion as well. The condo had not been updated as others have mentioned, no flat screen tvs, carpet a little worn. But we were very happy with it--did not need fancy, just comfortable. If going again, I would request a few floors higher as our side view was blocked by the building next door. Also, the parking garage while convenient was tight, and my brother in law sideswiped his van on the wall trying to make a tight turn when a large suv did not back up to give him room. The beach was convenient, and the pools were nice as well. I was so glad we found this hotel. We booked through their website, but the front desk answered my questions when I called to follow-up.

Room Tip: Above 11th floor if you are on the left side facing the ocean, to have an unblocked view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We had previously visited Myrtle Beach in June 2012 for our god daughter high school graduation. We liked the Myrtle Beach area and checked out a few of the hotels along the beach. The Grand Atlantic was one of the hotels that stood out. They were very nice about giving us information on the property and letting us check out one of the rooms. My husband and I decided that we would come back to the area to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We visited September 14th through the 18th. The room was very clean and we had a beautiful view of the ocean. The resort had a family feel. It was very relaxing. Only problem we had was that the bed was kind of hard. All in all a wonderful stay. We plan on going back next year and staying at the Grand Atlantic.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

In September of 2012 my wife and I wanted to get away for a long weekend with our new baby and her two grandmothers. We had been to Myrtle beach a few weeks before and had not been happy with our last hotel. We looked around the web and found the Grand Atlantic. Worried that there might be a bait and switch like the last place we booked my wife called after I had booked a two room condo, to ask if the rooms were really as nice as offered on the website. The desk person was helpful with a promise that the rooms were really nicer than the website showed. When we arrived I prayed that the rooms were nice and I would be able to look look my mother and mother-in-law in eye. When we arrived, and checked in, we were blown away! Not only were the rooms amazing, there were three of them, and three baths! Someone had blessed us with an upgrade! That little kindness assured we had a wonderful weekend, and the Grand Atlantic has new customers for life! We're already planning our next trip down! It's so nice to not have to play hotel roulette, we have a winner and so could you!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Grand Atlantic Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!