“Best Kept Secret in Myrtle Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 25%
Ranked #11 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Mint Hill, NC
“Best Kept Secret in Myrtle Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

My husband and I wanted to escape and getaway for a long weekend in January. We were so happy that we decided to stay at Paradise! The staff was friendly and always helpful. Being our first trip to Myrtle Beach, the staff was able to give us directions around the area, ideas for fun things to do and restaurants for dining since the one onsite was closed for renovations.

Our room had the most beautiful ocean view and was very spacious. The entire resort was clean from the parking area to the lobby to our room.

I enjoyed relaxing in the lazy river and walking on the beach - I just wish the weather was a little warmer. I look forward to returning to Paradise soon!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

1,005 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
northcarolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

This has to be the cleanest place in Myrtle Beach. We stayed for a long weekend in unit 405 - perfect location with direct access to the top parking deck so no elevator needed. Only problem was the restaurant was closed for renovations, but we simply choose to bring in some breakfast goodies and take advantage of the full kitchen in the unit having our coffee on the balcony overlooking the ocean. Unit owners had stocked it with some games and DVDs for us to enjoy - though with all the ammenties and activities we were not in the room much. Staff was excellent and we even got towel swans on our beds - made us feel like we were on a cruise ship. No other placed we stayed at in Myrtle Beach can compare to this little bit of Paradise on the beach!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

Spent New Years with our family at Paradise, (20 of us) and it was great!! Very clean and large spacious rooms. The two bed room condo was especially nice. Staff was awesome! Breakfast was great and FREE!! Great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
north carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

We stayed here for three nights while attending a bridge tournament. The place is new, appears very clean and is in an excellent location. The problem lies in how it is (or is not ) furnished. The mattresses are unbelieveably hard and it is impossible to find a position comfortable enough to sleep (there is a double bed in the master bedroom.). Likewise with the other furnishings, not a comfortable chair in the place and the sofa is about 6 inches off the floor which you sink into when you sit. This is a text book investment property with the most minimal "condo package". Kitchen equipment could not be more scant. Too bad because, as I said, the condition, location, etc. are very nice but not enough to overcome the sparse furnishings.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
wilmington, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

Visited the first time because of the very affordable winter special. Returned the second time because of the immaculate room, attractive furnishings, and beautiful ocean view. We really enjoyed the hot tub, heated pool, and lazy river. The hotel is close to lots of tourist attractions. Only a short drive and we were at Broadway at the Beach. Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. We will be back Paradise!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
warsaw, indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

We were at the same hotel with four other family members each having there own room.
We had the smaller of the ocean front rooms and yet when I questioned them about the rate we received as it did not agree to the check amount I sent in to reserve our rooms for 6 days the youong lady was rude and couldn't give me a answer as to why I was being charged more than the agreed amount. I later went down to talk to the lady manager who gave me this excuse and that, yet when I told her other family members received the exact amount they were qouted and have a larger room, she tried to say it was some other reason....How it ended was as I was leaving early in the am and the night person was there and he asked how my hotel stay was, I did not tell him I had talked to the other ladies, but explained the situation and he took off the extra money. But when I received my credit card the manager had added it back on.
While there in my fathers room 409 we went and reported that they were getting bit by bugs that seem to be in the bedding and couch. They did send a maintance person to check it out , but he said there was nothing he saw or could do. So needless to say they left eatten up by bugs, I was charge more for a room and did not receive any custermer service what so ever.
mtaylorjer2911@yahoo.com

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

This is an extremely good hotel with great access to the beach. We booked an oceanfront 1-bedroom suite and there was no problem with getting the room we had reserved. We were lucky and got the unit on the 10th floor of the hotel with awesome views of the ocean. Since we were there for Labor Day weekend there were a lot of tourists, but they started disappearing after Monday. By Wednesday the crowds had thinned out and the weather was also just perfect to lounge around on the beach, not too hot, not too cold.

The rooms were comfortable, with the best part being the "tucked away" bed in the living room. We left the balcony door open to hear the sounds of the ocean and DW and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this place. The location of the hotel is very convenient to everything. You can walk down the beach to the pier or drive to other attractions in close proximity. The staff were very cordial and helped us out in any way they could.

They have a great bar by the ocean and the bartender was quite friendly. Some nights they had live music which was pretty good and we danced. Just to the left of the bar is a float, where you can laze around and let the water float you around.

In all it was a great experience for us as we sorely needed that break. I would book another getaway at this spot in a heartbeat, without any reservations.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradise Resort? Share your experiences!