“Very friendly and helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$69 a night + breakfast
Ranked #13 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
New Bern
“Very friendly and helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel at the recommendation of a colleague over Thanksgiving weekend, and we were very glad we did. The staff was very friendly and helpful, even upgraded us to an oceanfront suite. Very spacious. Probably the biggest bathroom I've ever seen in a moderately priced hotel. This was room 108. Although the space was more than adequate for just the two of us, I would not stay in this room again unless I knew the beds had been replaced. They were horrible. Couch in living room had a stain on it, and tv's were outdated. But because the place was so clean, and staff was so friendly,Great size kitchen space, and washer/dryer makes a longer, summertime stay very appealing. I would stay at this resort again, just not in this room. There was lots of noise in adjacent rooms, which I alerted hotel about, but most of this was due to black Friday shoppers staying there. I just wished they had checked on the floor from time to time because there is no way they would not have heard the sounds near us.

Room Tip: I think the higher the better here - lots of noise from outdoor pool which was right in front of our...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you for choosing Paradise. We certainly appreciate your business and look forward to you returning. First, please let us apologize for the firmness of the beds in your room. We are in the process of replacing the beds and televisions. The hotel is roughly 90% complete and room 108 will be replaced soon. Once again, thank you for your business and feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
Sumter, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We (husband and children) stayed at Paradise Resort December 6-8.

We had a great experience and will consider staying here again when we visit Myrtle Beach.

The Good:

Indoor pool facilities in the winter
Clean room
Clean bathroom
Bonus: Customer service - we needed utensils to eat and it was a little late (around 8:30) and the restaurant had been closed for a while. The front staff was still able to corral some utensils for us to chow down on our leftovers. I appreciate that.
DVD rentals - free, unlimited
Breakfast buffet was good (it was hot good, not just pastries) and we purchased the package that included two free ones for each day of our stay - the young lady who is the sole waitress in there was very helpful and provided great customer service.
I also liked that hotel is inaccessible unless you have a key card. it added a measure of safety that can be missed with larger hotels like that.
The beach is also really close to the hotel. It's ocean front but what I mean is the water comes really close compared to other parts of the beach that I've been to. I can't imagine that there is a lot of space to lounge when it is crowded in summer. No fault of the hotel, obviously, but just something to consider if that is our thing.

No complaints from us!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for choosing Paradise Resort. We appreciate your business and feedback. We would love to have you as our guest again when you return to Myrtle Beach.
Taylorsville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have stayed at Paradise a number of times .
And I will return . It is a great place to get away for a long weekend .
The staff always make me feel welcome , are very helpful .
The breakfast is always great .
They have well layed out rooms .
Its a good place to take family and friends .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing Paradise Resort each time you visit Myrtle Beach. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was a family trip to Myrtle Beach. I have stayed in this resort before and did not experience any problems. We were in the first floor and we had a view of the ocean kind-of. Room was okay, couldn't find an ice machine and the one i did find was empty. There were ants in my room. Wi-fi was great, room size was fine for me my wife and two kids. Location to MB amenities was really good. The one great constant was the service. Front desk staff was wonderful and housekeeping also. This made my stay very enjoyable. If you are a local they won't let you check in. I used to live in MB and still had my MB address on my driver's license. They almost didn't let me check in because of it. I had to give them my new address. I asked them, since I booked through Expedia, if I was a local and booked through a website like Orbitz, Expedia, you still wouldn't have let me check in. They said yes even if that was the case you would have to call the website and request a refund.

Room Tip: Did not use the amenities for kids but they do have a great indoor and outdoor pool/lazy river. If y...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay. We appreciate your business and feedback. We are adding 5 new ice machines on the floors in January. The staff and management hope to see you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

The wife and I decided on Myrtle Beach over Charleston to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. I searched websites and TripAdvisor and decided on Paradise Resort - Myrtle Beach. So glad we did! One of the newer resorts, slightly quieter part of town for this season, and convenient to everything. Any type of shops the wife wanted to visit, restaurants, golf, and activities less than a 10 minjute drive. Brookgreen Gardens and shops and eats in Murrells Inlet less than a 25 minute drive. We are lucky enough to get out of 2 timeshare contracts and from now on, Paradise Resort is our vacation "pay as we go" destination!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. I am very happy to see that the location of the resort met your needs. The staff and management look forward to seeing you again soon.
Orchard Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Is there anything better than falling asleep and waking up to the rhythmic sound of ocean waves and the sweet smell of ocean breezes? We were in Unit #110 - which was perfect! Clean unit, great furnishings, and comfortable beds. The food is also quite good and the heated pool, hot tub and lazy river add to the enjoyment. Easy parking also because of the unit we stayed in - ramp parking right outside the door - no stairs or elevators to worry about!

Room Tip: Stay in Unit #110 if you can - a 3 bedroom, corner unit with 2 balconies overlooking the ocean and t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We are excited to see that you enjoyed all that Paradise has to offer. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to make a future stay more enjoyable. Once again, thank you for your business and feedback, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Paradise Resort is a great place to stay. Accommodations were arranged through Global Connections for the week of November 10, in which the staff was absolutely delightful. I really loved the set up of Paradise Resort and the location was good and convenient to most places. The oceanfront view was great!! It was the perfect time to vacation because it was not a lot of people and very quiet. The only issues with the unit I stayed in was the mattresses needed to be replaced, though they were firm; a more thorough cleaning in the tub area of the bathroom; and the seating furniture needs to be replaced/updated. Over than that, most of the staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing Paradise. Your feedback is very important to us. Most of the units rented on site have new beds, televisions and sofas. Please contact the hotel directly to book your next visit and we can make sure you receive a newly updated unit. Once again, thank you for your recent stay, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Paradise Resort? Share your experiences!