“Amazing amenities with great view of ocean and right on the beach.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Resort

Special Rate
$69 + 2 FREE Breakfasts
Ranked #13 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Glen Carbon
“Amazing amenities with great view of ocean and right on the beach.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I was in a third floor center room and the view of the ocean was magnificent. The room I was in wasn’t the cleanest, the bed was uncomfortable, and the sheets a bit worn out. The room was very spacious and the balcony was fabulous for a sunrise viewing. The room was quiet and I was never disturbed by any neighboring room or hallway noise.The staff was friendly. My breakfast was included with the room and there was good with a nice variety to choose from and the coffee was great and strong like I like it. I recommend ordering the omelet over the scrambled eggs. I did use the fitness center and the equipment was top notch. There are a few restaurants within walking distance but with a short 5 min drive there are many local sea food and steak places. My stay was mid-week and I hear the weekends may be a bit crowded. I cannot comment on the room service that I never used. This was my first time here and I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing Paradise Resort. We certainly appreciate your business and feedback. Your comments are very important as they help us identify the areas that we excel and the areas that need improvement. I was hoping to discuss the room that you stayed in. I can be reached directly at 843-286-2081. Once again, thank you for choosing Paradise and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Very nice hotel centrally located to just about every thing. Hotel staff were excellent. Nice pool hot tub an lazy river. Rooms were very clean an bed very comfortable an nice size flat screen tv.This is my only complaint an it's not the hotels. My girlfriend an I like to walk so out on the beach we went. I have never in my life seen so many cigarette butts in my life there were thousands you could not take a step with out stepping on one.This is one of the nicest beaches on the east coast an it's a shame it has turned into the worlds largest ash tray. Towns folks of Myrtle Beach you have a big problem!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay. Your comments are very important and I certainly understand your frustration with cigarette butts on the beach. I will pass your comments on to the appropriate city officials. Once again, thank you for choosing Paradise, the staff and management look forward to seeing you again soon.
Ellenboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I spent last week at Paradise Resort. At check in, we received a free room upgrade! I also requested no housekeeping, because my husband has dementia and likes to sleep late. Everyone was very polite and helpful. I was told if I needed anything, just call the desk. The suite was clean and well furnished. The beds were very comfortable. Will stay here again, for sure, my next trip to Myrtle Beach!

Room Tip: I reserved a single side view, but was upgraded to an ocean front suite. I will book ocean front, n...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay. We certainly appreciate your business and recommending us to others. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to make a future trip more enjoyable. Once again, thank you for your stay, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Goode
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Just returned from weeks vacation 9/7-9/15. Stayed in an awesome oceanfront suite. Room was spotless. Large enough for our family of 4 to live comfortably for the week. Hotel was kept in excellent condition. Staff from management to maintenance staff all had excellent attitudes about their work and it definetily showed. Parking was never a problem. 4 story on site high rise and overflow straight across the street. Very convienent. Had an awesome stay and the family is looking forward to next year.

Room Tip: Stay on the higher floors if you get your choice. Awesome views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay. We appreciate your business and feedback. Your comments will be shared with the staff. The staff and management look forward to seeing you again next year.
Grifton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Clean and comfortable perfect fro family stay!! Rooms are set up so you can close the bedroom door and no one can bother you.. Spacious just perfect for a family of four..Stayed in Sept for my wedding family and friends enjoyed their room very much!

Room Tip: Go oceanfront you will not be disappointed!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing Paradise when traveling to Myrtle Beach. We certainly appreciate your business and feedback. The staff and management look forward to seeing you again soon!
SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My family just got back from a quick weekend getaway to Myrtle Beach before the weather turned cold. It was a perfect weekend from beginning to end. We had never stayed at Paradise before, and it came recommended to us by a friend. We wanted to be away from the boardwalk, be on the beach, and not pay a lot of money. Paradise filled all three requirements for us.

Upon arriving we were told that our original reservation for a 1 bedroom 1 bath king oceanfront was upgraded to a 2 bedroom 2 bath oceanfront. We were very happy with that as it meant one of our kids would not be forced to sleep on a sofa as originally intended!

We were on a lower floor near the pool, which we didn't mind. The resort was not that crowded since it was mid-September and so noise was minimal at night.

The condo itself was a bit dated but well-kept and functional. We liked having a full kitchen at our disposal and the view off the balcony was amazing. The big plus was the washer/dryer in the unit - we did at least 3-4 loads during our weekend stay so it definitely came in handy rather than having to schlep home a ton of wet/damp/dirty beach towels and clothes!

We got some complimentary breakfast passes and free parking. We were always able to find a spot in the parking deck although when the deck is full they have a parking lot right across the street. The breakfast at the on-site cafe was all you can eat and typical of a free buffet breakfast at any hotel. We did get a couple drinks from the Tiki Bar during the weekend and they were VERY well mixed and enjoyable.

My kids loved the pools, jacuzzi and lazy river. Apparently Paradise has a partnership with another resort just a couple hundred yards away with 23 pools, but we never felt the need to go over there.

As I said, we were not within walking distance to the Boardwalk, but it was only a 10 minute drive to get to touristy things like SkyWheel. Parking over there is $5 an hour.

If we ever decide to go to south Myrtle again, we'd definitely keep Paradise on our list of places to stay. Staff was always pleasant to us and we had a good time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for choosing Paradise Resort. We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled that you were happy with the complimentary upgrade. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make a future stay more comfortable. Once again, thank you for your recent stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Hickory, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed week of 9/9/13. Was pleasantly surprised at size of Ocean Front suite. Was clean and pleasant and well furnished. Not plushly furnished but certainly serviceable. Carpet is starting to look a little stained and worn - but is clean, so no worries. Location on quieter south end is a plus and friendliness of staff (front desk, maintenance, housekeeping) was noticeable. Needs a little updating in very near future - but on the whole is among the top values in terms of what you get for the price paid. Strongly recommeded

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Paradise. We certainly appreciate your business and feedback. Your kind comments will be shared with the staff and management. We do complete certain upgrades each year to stay competitive in the Myrtle Beach market. In the past we have upgraded televisions, beds and sofas. This year we are looking at upgrading the kitchen. Once again, thank you for choosing Paradise and we hope to see you again in the future.

Been to Paradise Resort? Share your experiences!