“The Staff is the Reason to Choose Paradise” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
$69 a night + breakfast
Ranked #13 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“The Staff is the Reason to Choose Paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

You know I want to find a negative and there simply isn't anything significant to fuss about. I worked in an Atlantic City Casino for years so guest services are important to me and first impressions as well as the last impression was of a superior staff who were always friendly and working hard. These people alone made our stay memorable. We go to Myrtle Beach every year and each year we stayed at The Dunes Village. I booked much later this year and the price got away from me so we chose Paradise. My kids were disappointed at first because of the numerous pools and indoor water park at Dunes but very quickly began to enjoy the amazing value Paradise offers for a very affordable price. Breakfast was great each morning and we never had to wait to sit down. We enjoyed very much the free movie rentals and took advantage of that at the end of every day. The discount at Myrtle Waves was nice although there are better water parks there. The only thing that was a bit disappointing was the limited pools. It was mentioned in other reviews but their website is somewhat misleading. The pool appears very large with just a few people in it. The reality is that it is smaller and very crowded. For the first time ever, my kids never went into the pool. The hotel is not that wide so the space they have available for pools is limited. The rooms were very nice and impeccably cleaned and the parking was more than adequate as we chose to park across the street from the hotel which made for easy in and out each day. They also have 4 elevators which made getting up and down to and from the rooms extremely quick. In the end it was a great week at Paradise and thank you front desk, kitchen, servers, housekeeping and maintenance workers fro taking so much pride in doing a great job for the guests!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing Paradise. We appreciate your business and feedback. The pool area has been renovated within the last two years. The outdoor pool went from 15,000 to 70,000 gallons. Unfortunately we do not have enough space to add any more water features without taking valuable chair space. Once again, thank you for choosing Paradise and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
Kodak, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had a wonder stay with Paradise Resort. We come to Myrtle Beach every year and usually stay a different place each time. We will return year after year from now on to Paradise Resort. Everyone has been so friendly and helpful. Rooms were exceptionally clean and everything was well taken care of. Thank you Paradise Resort for a fun family vacation we will return next year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for choosing Paradise. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again year after year. Once again, thank you for your recent stay and feedback.
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was the perfect vacation spot for our family. The hotel is right on the beach which is great, the bonus is the pool area. The kids were just as happy in the pool and lazy river as they were on the beach and in the ocean. The food at the hotel restaurant was great and the drinks from the tiki bar were perfect. All of the staff were friendly and all of our service requests were handled within minutes of our call. Our suite was great, we had our space and the kids had theirs. The hotel is close to everything that you want to do at Myrtle Beach! This really was the perfect vacation spot for our family, we didn't want to leave. We are already excited for our Myrtle Beach vacation next year and we will definitely be staying at Paradise Resort again. It was Paradise!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Paradise when traveling to Myrtle Beach. We appreciate your business and feedback. The staff and management are looking forward to seeing you next year!
Norwood, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

First of all let me say that I LOVE Myrtle Beach and go every year but usually stay in the North Myrtle Beach area. This year I wanted my whole family to go together. To have more to do for the kids we wanted a 3 bdrm in Myrtle Beach. It started out ok although I did have to get maintenance up there the very 1st evening to open the safe which was locked by a previous tenant (why had they not already done that at the last persons checkout?), to hook up the ice maker (???) due to the fact that there was only 1 ice machine in the entire 19 floor resort (!!!) and to replace a faulty outlet. All was repaired and our vaction continued. But the kicker was that we paid $1750.00 for a 3 night stay and on one of these days we received no room service. I called and they said that they would send someone right up so I left the room again for another hour and came back and still nothing, not even towels. I called again and finallly someone brought towels up and he was laughing about the fact that we received no room service. UNACCEPTABLE...I will not stay there again!!! Oh and I almost forgot, every night people were shooting very loud fireworks off on the beach right in front of the hotel til midnight and after and the elevators were disgustingly nasty.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. First, please let me apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. I am glad to see that your maintenance issues were handled promptly and have spoken with the individuals in the housekeeping department regarding the level of service that you received. Once again, I apologize for the inconveniences and hope that you will give us another chance to show that your recent stay was not typical at Paradise Resort.
Shelby NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was our first year staying at this hotel but it was a great experience. Everything was nice and clean in our rooms (we had 7 people in our group), breakfast buffet was delicioius and one night a manager grilled steaks outside. Quite a nice touch, food was delicious and steaks phenomenal! I had occasion to call the front desk one time because of something we needed. Within 10 minutes, housekeeping was knocking on the door - now that's service! The water works were great and enjoyed by the children in our group; they loved the pools, lazy river, water slides, etc. We also stayed on the beach one day which was equally nice, no trash, etc. noted on the beach. All in all, a great place to vacation!

Room Tip: Very family and kids oriented. Staff respond promptly to requests.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for choosing Paradise. We certainly appreciate your business and feedback. Your comments will be shared with the staff. Once again, thank you for your recent stay and feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My family and I took our family vacation last week, July 21-26, and we stayed here. When we first arrived we had to wait an hour to get our room, because the room was not ready yet. When we got in our room, the floor was wet, it had a terrible smell, the stove looked like it hadn't been clean in years, and stains on the floor. The housekeeping was terrible. We barely seen them , and when we did, they smelled like cigarettes. One day that week we had received "full-service" and the housekeeper told us to leave the room for an hour so they can do everything. We left the room at 10:00 in the morning and got back at 4:00 in the afternoon, and nothing was done. Another thing that I hated was the so called gym wasn't a gym. Everything was either broke or ripped. It was not what I thought it would be. The overall thing that my family enjoyed was the pool area and the DVD Center that was in the lobby. I just know that I would never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you staying with Paradise. I certainly appreciate your business and feedback. First, please let me apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. I would certainly like to discuss your housekeeping issues in person, please contact me at 843-286-2081. You are correct regarding the fitness center, the equipment is going on 7 years old and we will be replacing it in January 2014 with new, top of the line equipment. Once again, thank you for choosing Paradise, I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I visit Myrtle Beach every year and I have stayed in plenty of hotels there. I stayed at the Paradise Resort during April 2012 and had a great stay! There were 4 women sharing a one-bedroom oceanfront Jr. Suite and we had more than enough space! Everything was nice and clean in the suite and the hotel itself was clean and friendly. Therefore, this summer when I was looking for a vacay location, I thought about Paradise Resort for my friend and I. I was going to get the one-bedroom again, but opted to get the queen efficiency since it was just the two of us. I was a bit hesitant because I thought that it was going to be small and cramped, but boy was I wrong. The room was big & roomy, and the side-view of the ocean from our balcony was just fine! Again, everything was clean and the hotel was enjoyable. Breakfast each day was delish!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view if you have a side-view room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. Paradise Resort appreciates your business and feedback. We will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff and management. Once again, thank you for choosing Paradise, we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Paradise Resort? Share your experiences!