“Another great trip!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 217 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Georgia
“Another great trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I visit Myrtle Beach every year and I have stayed in plenty of hotels there. I stayed at the Paradise Resort during April 2012 and had a great stay! There were 4 women sharing a one-bedroom oceanfront Jr. Suite and we had more than enough space! Everything was nice and clean in the suite and the hotel itself was clean and friendly. Therefore, this summer when I was looking for a vacay location, I thought about Paradise Resort for my friend and I. I was going to get the one-bedroom again, but opted to get the queen efficiency since it was just the two of us. I was a bit hesitant because I thought that it was going to be small and cramped, but boy was I wrong. The room was big & roomy, and the side-view of the ocean from our balcony was just fine! Again, everything was clean and the hotel was enjoyable. Breakfast each day was delish!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view if you have a side-view room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. Paradise Resort appreciates your business and feedback. We will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff and management. Once again, thank you for choosing Paradise, we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
Edenton, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed at this resort in celebration of my girlfriend's birthday. I selected this property because It gave me the best value for a weekend stay. We stayed in a spacious Ocean View room, but the only downside is that we were facing the parking deck to the adjacent property instead of a more desirable view. For the most party, we were not disturb but once the rooms started to fill up, we were plagued by a constant assault of banging doors and loud voices. The breakfast package that we selected was EXCELLENT and gave us the boost that we needed for the rest of the day. The only other issue I had was the parking desk. We we returned to the resort, we had to circle around the tight parking desk until we finally found another spot. It seems that some overflow parking is needed. Other than that, we have a FANTASTIC weekend and would return again for another short stay.

Room Tip: When booking discount packages, selecting an Ocean Side room is not an option.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Paradise Resort. We certainly appreciate your business and feedback. The hotel does have overflow parking across the street and I apologize if the front desk did not mention additional parking at check in. Once again, thank you for your recent stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Wheeling, WV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was the 2nd year for my family. This year July 2013 was not the same as last year. The living room furniture needs to be updated, especially the TV. Also housing keeping is just average cause sometimes you get enough towels and they forget extra toilet paper. For a family of 5 of which are 4 guys. Front desk was just average. It was just not very clean even around the pool area too. For the money you spend I will try some place else. Management didn't seem like he cared. Kept saying he would get to it later. Just got tired of the excuses. Rented a 2 bedroom/2 bath DELUXE room but the standard 2bd/2bath room our friends had was nicer. It was updated with paint and furnishing.

Room Tip: the area was nice. Still close to all the attractions.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay and your repeat business. Please let me apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered. If you would like to further discuss your most recent stay, please contact me directly at the property. I would love to have you back so that you can enjoy your stay as you have in the past. Once again, thank you for your recent stay and comments and I look forward to seeing you again in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival, rooms not ready until about 4:00, front desk staff not real sensitive to our situation & borderline rude. Once we got settled, we had room key problems, one of the 3 beds did not sleep well at all, daily room service was nice, however, they ran out of wash cloths early in the week & were not consistent with what was restocked each day- all towel sets were replaced daily if available. Kitchen lacked in some necessities (pot holders, sharp knives, etc). Rooms were clean upon arrival yet not spacious. Seemed to be overcrowded at the beach & pool area, lots of lawn chairs but little room. Pool was murky & had some trouble with people getting cut on something (glass or broken shells) in the pool, however, they were quick to tend to the injured & try to fix the problem. The ping pong table & lazy river was fun for the kids. Wish we were able to have used the cornhole boards, however, the bags were never returned to the office for anyone else to use. There should be more control over borrowing the bags n paddles, like maybe having them avail at the tiki bar for a refundable deposit or take a room name & # upon checking them out because the current process doesn't work. The DJ was there 2 days & a crowd pleaser with music n games but if you don't like LOUD music you need to hang out at the beach, not the pool. The Sandals cafe had good food & free drink refills all afternoon, that's a plus! Pool area staff were always around & stocking pool towels, cleaning, etc. Parking garage was tight but ok. Personally, we prefer a little lower key, quieter, less crowded
place for a beach vacation.

• Stayed July 2013
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for choosing Paradise. Please let me apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay. I would certainly like to discuss your stay in person. Please contact me directly at 843-286-2081. Once again, thank you for choosing Paradise and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Lisbon, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Me and my husband stayed in an ocean view room. Room was small but adequate for two people. The room was clean upon arrival and the staff at Paradise resort was very friendly, from the front desk to housekeeping to maintanance. Unlike in other reviews we had no parking issues the parking garage. We were always able to get a spot in the garage except one night which we arrived back at the hotel late that night, but we just parked across the street. Really wasn't a big deal to us. Pool area was clean although we never swam in the pool, we just went to the beach everyday. The only complaint which is not the hotels fault is the location. It was just a little too far south so we had a longer drive to get to the attraction we wanted to go to. I would definitely stay here again. Overall i would definitly recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a good clean hotel to stay in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We certainly appreciate your feedback and kind comments. We also appreciate your recommendations and hope to see you again soon. Once again, thank you for staying at Paradise.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was appreciative to the reservation/front desk staff, who accommodated me on very short notice. I was able to receive a room on the days I requested the morning of my check-in. As previously stated by other reviewers, the parking situation is not ideal, so be prepared to use the additional lot across the street if necessary. Housekeeping hours were unpredictable and a little spotty at best; however, the room upon check-in was probably one of the cleanest I have ever stayed. My room was dated, the carpet needs replaced, and the mini-fridge was worn on the outside, but everything else was fine. The oceanview, versus oceanfront, was also one of the best I've stayed. Overall, the staff I directly dealt with was pleasant, and there appeared to be a quick response time to issues raised by other guests. On one of my "pool days," the staff asked all guests to exit the pool so that they could clean the bottom, due to an incident earlier in the morning, when a guest stepped on a piece of glass.
If you have kids or a large family unit, this is a great place as it offers several pool activities. The food was also surprisingly good. At resorts I've stayed in the past, the food was hit and miss at best and usually too costly. Their prices seemed on target. It was too large for my taste, and that is really the only reason I wouldn't consider a return stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying at Paradise. We certainly appreciate your business and feedback. We are working on ways to make our housekeeping service the best on the beach and appreciate your honesty regarding cleanliness at check in as well as service throughout the week. Your comments regarding food and beverage will certainly be forwarded to the F&B manager. Once again, thank you for your stay and we hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family stayed in a two bedroom deluxe condo suite. It was so spacious! Having two bathrooms and being able to have the whole family in one space was great! The kitchen is huge for a hotel condo. If you were staying a week or more, it would be perfect.
I was nervous in the beginning because the elevators were right outside our room door. But we never heard a peep from the halls. I slept in the first bedroom and never heard anyone in the halls/elevator areas.
I saw other reviews complaining about the elevators and parking. We had no issues with either. The hotel was completely booked and we never had to wait long for an elevator. We also parked in the attached garage with no troubles.
The only issue we had in our stay was we arrived minutes before the 3:00 check in time, and our room was not ready. We were told it was going to be 15-20 minutes, then would be ready. The kids were highly disappointed, as they were ready to get changed and into the water. I went back after 30 minutes and it still was not ready. Finally they called me at nearly 4:00 and the room was ready. I did speak to a manager on check out and he helped me resolve the issue.
Overall, we would definitely stay at Paradise again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for staying with Paradise Resort. I certainly appreciate your business and your kind comments. Please let me apologize that your room was not ready at 3pm. We certainly strive to have each unit ready by 3 pm but sometimes run into unforseen circumstances that delay the cleaning process. Once again, thank you for your recent stay. The staff and management look forward to seeing you again soon.