“Beautiful location and views” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$69 a night + breakfast
Ranked #13 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
“Beautiful location and views”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I chose this hotel because a friend had recommend. When we checked in I was confused by the layout of the registration area. the office is located in the front and in order to get to your room you must walk bak out of the office, into and across the parking garage and then into the elevator area to up to the room. Our rooms layout was perfect, a PH floor 1 bedroom queen deluxe suite. The bathroom was uptodate, with a nice size bathtub. My husband and I thought the bedroom was perfect for our 19 month old son, as he naps better when he is in a room by himself. We are a family that is constantly connected to our phones/emails, as soon as we got settled we went to configure the wifi, it doesn't directly ask you for a password when you find the network, it instead redirects you to a website to which you then log in and contine. This was fine, until I had to keep rebooting the network and found my phone switching back to 4G. So, don't depend on the Internet to be of any reliable service. TVs aren't uptodate either. Housekeeping did not clean out rooms during our 3 night 4 day stay. The second day she came and left me a vacuum as my son was sleeping and he didn't want to wake him. I said that was fine, but the next day I did expect to have the entire room clean.. The beach can get messy.... But the third day she said she would come back, dropped off towels and we didn't see her again... She did, however, leave me her vacuum.... Thanks for that. The best part was the "palmetto" bugs that crawled all over our balcony in the evenings. When I first saw the palmetto bug I immediately knew it was a cockroach, so when I called the front desk and the woman said they are native to SC because of the palmetto trees... I was sort of confused...bottom line, it's a cockroach. I don't enjoy vacationing with disgusting roaches flying and crawling all around me. The morning we left, the toilet was releasing a fowl odor... There was nothing clogged, flushing fine.. Just a constant linger of...it was sickening. The elevators on the way out also had the same lingering smell so maybe there was a busted pipe. Who knows.... Probably wont go back to Paradise again.

Room Tip: Ask for PH level. And unit with washer and dryer
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at Paradise. We certainly appreciate your comments as they help us to correct issues. First, Please let me apologize in regards to the housekeeping issues that you encountered. You are absolutely correct, there should be someone in your unit everyday and I have spoken to the Executive Housekeeper regarding your experience on the 20th floor. Paradise does utilize a professional pest elimination service and each unit is treated quarterly. As with any dwelling, from time to time you may see undesireable insects, and this can be treated by our professional pest service by calling the front desk and reporting the issue. I certainly understand your frustrations but hope that you will give us another chance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was a total let down. Rooms not clean. Nothing had been dusted, bed linens in bad condition, and gum stuck on night stand. Every night hall was VERY loud with parties until 3/4 am nightly and during days DJ at pool was extremely loud with rap music and people screaming from balconies ....no naps for kids at this place. Partiers everywhere that was loud and rude and very indecent for young children. This is a party hotel not recommended for family's who wants to enjoy beach and each other. Not worth the money.

• Stayed June 2013
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for staying at Paradise. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. You are correct, the first two weeks of June is typically a younger crowd that vacations in Myrtle Beach. I can assure you that if there is a problem or noise coming from a unit, our security personnel will resolve the issue in a timely fashion so that all guests can enjoy their vacation. We certainly do offer entertainment poolside and I understand if it may be loud at times, we did take this into consideration and only have the entertainment on Tuesdays and Thursdays so that all guests can enjoy multiple days of rest and relaxation. I hope that you would give us the opportunity to show you that Paradise is a family friendly atmosphere. Once again, thank you for choosing Paradise and I hope that we will see you again in the future
Toledo, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Ok. I will give an honest review as hard as it may be to read. Number one. I am not racist nor a big got against poorer people. Let that be known. With that said.. If your on goverent assistance.. This is your hotel! Management may deny it, and I wouldn't write this review if I did not witness it, but all forms are accepted here and even encouraged. As you can imagine, you can picture the guests that come here.

We paid $2,500 for a 3 bedroom condo. As I can imagine, 1/2 the other guests did as well. What ruins the resort feel is those other 1/2. You can see the attitude, me first.. Pushing and making what should be a great vacation horrid. Now it gets better. On Tuesdays and Thursdays they have a DJ. Ok music but he also has been instructed to cater to certain people. So.. You. "Do da Dougie" and hip hop all day long.

Further more.. There are 4 elevators for 20 floors. The staff use these as well. You would think the staff would be instructed to give courtesy to guests but not here. They use bell hop carts to carry trash, push dirty sheets in your way and your stuck to fend for yourself.

Needless to say, our guest experience was getting up early.. Going off site to eat breakfast, and avoiding the pool atmosphere during the day. It was horrid! When 1/2 the guests are given this trip by the government, they do not respect the resort, nor other guests. I could go on with many more complaints but take my advice and stay elsewhere. Unless your ok with what I wrote.

• Stayed June 2013
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay. I am very sorry that the resort did not meet your expectations. Your comments are important to us as they help identify areas that need attention. We do try to coach our employees on being courteous to guests when using elevators and delivering supplies to guest rooms. We certainly apologize that you felt this was not the case and will monitor this closer now and in the future. Once again, thank you for staying with us and bringing the elevator issue to our attention.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I have never been to myrtle beach so it took me a long time to decide on a location. My friend said that this place was decent when they came for a day last year. So since we were coming for 4 nights I ended up choosing this. Granted, I had very limited expectations and was extremely satisfied with this hotel. The staff was awesome, the complex was convenient with all the water activities, plus the easy access to the beach. The breakfast was great too as I also had limited expectations for that as well. The room was perfect and well maintained with a nice view. We actually plan on coming back with a larger crowd and they let us see the 4-bedroom unit and it was awesome for a large crowd. This would be a great choice for you. They had plenty of alternative parking if needed so do not worry about that with other reviews. You would expect a parking garage to be full on a Saturday even if it was bigger. Great place!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for choosing Paradise on your most recent trip to Myrtle Beach. We certainly appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again soon. When you are ready to bring the larger crowd, one of our vacation planners will be happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing Paradise!
Sevierville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This was our first trip to the beach with our 20 month old daughter. We got a king ocean front deluxe room and it was very nice. There was a plenty of room. We loved the full kitchen and washer and dryer. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the breakfast that was included with our stay. The server we had each morning was wonderful! She was so friendly and really went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed. I wish that the restaurant was open for lunch and dinner too.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. I certainly appreciate your positive comments and will pass them along to the staff. I just wanted to add that the restaurant is now open for breakfast and lunch. Please join us for lunch during your next visit. Once again, thank you for choosing Paradise Resort and I look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

If you're staying in Myrtle Beach, how long are you really in your hotel room? Not too much; just to sleep, shower, get ready for the beach or evening dinner and Paradise Resort is good for just that. Plus, they have breakfast included, which is a big buffet with everything from 2 waffle-makers to fresh bananas, strawberries and grapefruit to biscuits and gravy. You won't be disappointed or hungry after breakfast.
Stayed in a King suite, which had a mini-fridge and microwave, DVD player and TV. Was easily big enough for 2 adults. There was also a small balcony which was nice for a few drinks or just watching the water from the 18th floor.
Parking is free on-site. The parking "ramp/garage" that is covered and under the hotel is very cramped and a little unsafe for driving, so we opted for the parking across the street, which was also free and reserved for hotel guests. Parking across the street made for easy and quick in/out access, not having to wait for unskilled drivers to find a spot in the ramp or drive too fast for a parking garage. It was just much better across the street.
The bathroom was big enough and my only complaint is no conditioner was provided. There was shampoo and soap though and plenty of towels.
Overall Paradise Resort is a great deal for a stay. You will find a lot of families with young and teenage children there, but also couples and senior citizens. The rooms are clean, a little outdated, but clean. The staff are very nice.
I'd recommend this hotel to anyone as it's on the beach, has free breakfast and we had no issues.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at Paradise. We certainly appreciate your kind comments and will pass them along to the staff and management. Your feedback is very important to us as it helps us indentify areas that we excel and areas that need improvement. We look forward to seeing you at Paradise again soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Sitting out by one of the many pools was excellent, and I loved the poolside entertainment. The garage was a bit cramped but manageable. Definitely ask for a ocean front room not ocean view room. I really enjoyed the washer and dryer in my condo it was a really great feature. On the rainy days the free dvd movies available to guests helped out in filling the hours. Every staff member we meet was polite and professional, Im recommending Paradise to all of my friends for there vacations.

Room Tip: ask for ocean front not ocean view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing Paradise Resort. The staff and management certainly value your business and appreciate your feedback. Complimentary dvd rentals were added to the guest amenity package this year and I am glad to see that you enjoyed a few movies. I also hope that you had a chance to use the complimentary Myrtle Waves pass as well. Once again thank you for choosing Paradise Resort and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Paradise Resort? Share your experiences!