“Loved our trip” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cornwall, Canada
“Loved our trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed at Paradise resort from March 10 to 16, 2013. it was our second time there. Beautiful beach. You can walk for miles. Beautiful view from balcony. Nice condo. Loved every minute of it. Would definitely go back

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for choosing Paradise during your recent trip to Myrtle Beach. We are happy to have you as a repeat guest and cannot wait to see you again in the future. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make a future stay more enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
New Market, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

For the past 4 years our family has booked the Paradise Resort in March for the PeeDee Street Rodder event. Plus we stayed Christmas 2011. We always rent the 3 BR Condo so friends can visit. The condo is spacious and has enough items in the kitchen to fix light meals. Beds are comfortable, pillows not so much. Plenty of towels and daily service. Each stay has been wonderful. The rooms are clean, the staff is outstanding and good to work with, and it's right on the beach! Kids love the pool and lazy river.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for choosing Paradise four years in a row! The staff and management appreciate your repeat business and look forward to seeing you and your family next year!
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The resort is fine, small restaurant and pool area for the size of the facility. Beach access is great and the front desk staff was courteous and responsive. All units are privately owned and managed through a central service. Biggest issue was housekeeping. Each morning the cleaning was incomplete in some way: didnt replenish room coffee, bathroom floor not mopped, towels not fully resupplied. Not a bad deal in the off season.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing Paradise when traveling to Myrtle Beach. I am glad to see that the front desk was courteous and responsive. I appreciate your comments in regards to housekeeping and will be working with the Director of Housekeeping to ensure that room service and replenishment is properly completed. Once again, thank you for choosing Paradise resort and I hope to see you again in the future.
Lillington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I have 6 kids between us, so we were looking for a weekend getaway for 8 people. Not easy. And not cheap! We chose Paradise Resort because they have suits that can accommodate all of us in one place, they advertised an indoor pool and lazy river (it was April), and all of the rooms are ocean front. The cost for one night for the suit was $192 (that's including tax and fees). We only stayed one night. We found this to be on par with smaller places that would require two rooms to accommodate our family.

The check-in process was very very easy. I'd reserved it online and they had no problem confirming everything. We even were allowed to check in about an hour early because our room was ready. They explained about wearing bracelets for the pool area to indicate we were Paradise guests, and offered some discounts for local fun. There is a new kiosk in the lobby that dispenses movie rentals which are free.

Our room was very clean and contained a full kitchen and washer and dryer. YAY! We thought. (more on that later) We immediately got the kids in suits and headed down to the ocean and pool. We discovered that the "indoor" pool and lazy river are more like a covered area. It's exposed to the outdoor pool and ocean area, not self contained. The smell when we walked into the pool area was slightly putrid, which I attributed to the ocean. The lazy river is quite small, but the kids loved it. We loved the hot tub that the lazy river was built around. The outdoor pool was heated nicely and became our favorite place to be despite the cool spring air.

Our problems were few, but one was a big issue for me. The small problems were that we discovered that there was no DVD player in the room…AFTER we made the trip down 17 floors and to the lobby to rent a movie for the kids and then back up 17 floors. Apparently some rooms were occupied when they put DVD players in the rooms and didn't quite get serviced. OK, they brought one up and hooked it up, no problem. Then we discovered that there were no blankets available for the pull-out couch. We put our wet towels and suits in the dryer and after 3 hours they were still damp.

The biggest issue we had was that the pool chemicals discolored our suits! The bright colors of many of the girls' suits are dull and faded now. The brand new suit I had to buy my daughter when we got there, which cost well over $30 (KMart) was completely ruined. The American Eagle suit my girlfriend wore? Ruined. My ring, which came from a famous jeweler (wanna have Breakfast?) was tarnished (it polished back up). We chose not to complain, but I wish we had made them aware.

Despite our issues, we really did enjoy ourselves! Once we got to the resort we didn't leave. We went for family time and ocean time, and it was wonderful to be together and have fun. My girlfriend and I loved having our bedroom oceanfront, and slept with the balcony door open. We had two bathrooms, which is necessary with the number of people we have. The Tiki Bar was typically overpriced, but the drinks were delicious! And who doesn't love a margarita poolside? The non-suit issues were minor and addressed in minutes, so the service was excellent. Truth be told, we would love to return and enjoy another getaway at this resort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay at Paradise. I appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconveniencies that you encountered during your stay. I see that you would like to return for another getaway, please contact me directly when you finalize your trip plans. Also, if you encounter any inconveniences during your next stay, please let us know while you are here. The staff and management want your stay to be perfect and will resolve any issues before you check out. Once again, thank you for choosing Paradise Resort, we look forwrad to having you as our guest in the future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I would just like to say how well i was treated at Paradise Resort .the staff led by Ron brown was able to overcome a mistake in booking time .They showed me what real customer service is like i will be a customer for life at paradise resort .

Ps thanks you Nanette ,Rachel, Roy for making me and my family feel special!!!!
see ya soon

Keith Grays and Family

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Paradise whn traveling to Myrtle Beach. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with Ron and the front desk staff. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.
Hephzibah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My family and I have visited Myrtle Beach during Spring Break for the last several years and this was one of our best. This time my wife wanted to stay Beach Side and I agreed, so here we go. I could wake up, watch the waves hit the shore and enjoy life. Not, we had to relocate to Paradise Resort and after speaking with the Manager, "Janet", she understood our concern and showed us a couple of her rooms and they were awesome. My wife and I fell in love with Paradise Resort right away. This actually made the trip better than I had hoped for. The Staff was friendly and courteous and helped with making this an enjoyable trip. The view from our balcony was awesome. I am already making plans to return again. This is a top notch resort. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Any room that you are looking for can be provided. All the rooms were execellent.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Paradise. I am glad that we were able to help in your relocation efforts and that the hotel met your needs. The staff and management look forward to having you as our guest again in the future. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to make a future stay more enjoyable.
Inman, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have stayed at this Myrtle Beach location in the past. It does not appear that any updates have been done since we stayed here several years ago. The televisions are old analog with a poor picture. The bedding needs to be updated as the mattress felt worn out. I did not have this problem in the past. The staff was friendly. The rooms were clean. The furniture is showing its age. The view from the balcony is outstanding.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradise Resort? Share your experiences!