“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stay here every time we go to MB The resort is always very clean. Nice beds, has every thing you need. Beautiful view. Free breakfast is a great plus don't have to go out and find a place to eat. Pools are always very clean. Staff are really nice and will help in anyway they can. Love having hallways so you are not out in the cold to get to pools. The kids in the pool area do need to be controlled in busy season or holidays. They get very loud and there is no need for this. You can have fun without yelling. Some where there with Parents ???? All in all would always stay here. Glad they are doing some updates on some units. as some couches need to be replaced. Still a great place

Room Tip: Like the washer dryer rooms with bedroom separate. nice and roomy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I came in this past weekend and overall the resort was really outdated compared to what the pictures online showed. At times, I felt that I was staying at a MOTEL versus a RESORT AND SPA. The pool towels and room towels were old, dingy and thin. I was scared to use them. The pool towels especially! Some of my room towels had stains on them so I had to call down to front desk to get fresh ones delivered. The bathroom in my room was not cleaned properly and stocked accordingly. I understand it was off season but that should not give way to the level of cleanliness of a room. The linen was also very dingy and of very poor quality. I am very certain (actually 100% positive) we could have stayed somewhere else of higher quality for the same price at this time of year. I will do better research next time. The front desk area is not very welcoming at all. Good thing the people there were ok. The restroom in the front desk area was filthy and that was first thing in the morning on day of check out. ODD... figured it should be cleaner in the AM versus maybe the evenings. The pool area was fine and the restaurant staff was pretty nice. Just not what I expected when saying I am staying at a resort. I do hope some upgrades are made soon. That must be done before I stay here again. I will not be recommending to friends and family unfortunately.

Room Tip: The Ocean Front view is the ONLY option you need to choose. Otherwise, you will definitely feel as...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay, I certainly do apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. The resort was built in 2006, so it is still fairly new. We have added a new outdoor pool and large indoor hot tub within the past two years. This year we are painting and adding crown molding to each unit. We have also upgraded our linens. The restrooms and public areas are cleaned each day by 9 am and are checked throughout the day. We continue to improve the resort each year and hope that you will return. Once again, I am sorry for the inconveniences that you encountered and hope that you will return.
mommasnap
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

From the curb I had no idea what a hidden gem this resort was going to be. I had booked online site unseen for a quick trip and to stay some place different.
The moment we stepped in lobby we were greeted and treated like VIPs. We booked a side ocean view and were not disappointed by our view and spent plenty of time watching the waves from our balcony. The room was an efficiency so it was small but clean and well lit and had all amenities we needed for a short trip.
We lucked up on a sunny 70° weekend and enjoyed all the pools which were clean and heated nicely. We even enjoyed a breakfast in the small dining room that overlooks indoor pools and out to ocean.
Every staff member we encountered was happy and we didnt hear one negative word about their place of employment as they spoke to each other.
We did find Paradise to be a fantastic and clean resort. So much that we booked an oceanfront room for a February getaway. I will def. Post pictures so you can compare rooms.
I hope you take a chance on Paradise Resort. You wont regret it.

• Stayed December 2012
Paradisegm, Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for choosing Paradise. We certainly appreciate your business and are glad to see that you had a great time. The staff and management look forward to seeing you in February.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed over MLK weekend and had a great time. The kids played in the indoor lazy river and pool. Pool areas were all good. Rooms were clean. Would definitely stay there again! Staff was polite and location was great!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for choosing Paradise when traveling to Myrtle Beach. We certainly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the future.
Kernersville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We have stayed at The Paradise Resort many times and always enjoy our stay. The staff is always friendly and rooms are clean, overall a great place. The covered parking deck is nice, keeps your car out of the weather, and easy to unload and load your luggage.

Room Tip: We always stay in the ocean front rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at Paradise. We certainly appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We picked Paradise resort to spend our 20th wedding anniversy . This is a great resort with awesome staff members and the cleanest rooms and resort !!! The buffet at Sandal' is great and the staff members are very friendly !!! The ocean view is amazing , and you will see dolphins in the am hours during this time of the year !!! We will be back !!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

What a pleasant surprise! To be 100% honest I wasn't expecting too much from this hotel from photos and reviews alone. We stayed in a "Deluxe King" on the 15th Floor which was an awesome suite with dishwasher, washer/dryer IN the room, and a pulldown bed in the living area my husband and I slept on, giving our son the bedroom to himself. Huge room, almost better than being at home.

The staff were very helpful, the indoor pool and lazy river was so fun (and FYI the water is warm for you winter travelers). Best of all when they say oceanfront view they mean OCEANFRONT! The view was stunning, it's nothing but water as far as they eye can see. We kept our balcony door open the whole time we were in the room. You wake up to the sparkling water and beautiful sunrise, I really really loved this.

The hotel was definitely not walking distance from the downtown attractions, you'd have to drive to go to the SkyWheel or Ripley's but that was fine for us - we had a nice quiet beach to ourselves during the day and when we wanted to go out, we'd go out! It was easy to find parking downtown. I don't know what this hotel would be like during the summer but I recommend it for anyone getting away during the "off" months. Thanks for a wonderful vacation, Paradise!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Paradise Resort? Share your experiences!