“PARADISE PARADISE PARADISE” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Rochester, New York
“PARADISE PARADISE PARADISE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is great the PH room 2010 is great everything you need is in there i cant wait to go back this year in may like i do every year the pool is great and the hot tub hits the spot Thanks Paradise Resort.

Room Tip: if you have a big family get a ph suite with a full kitchen you will save money by cooking in the ro...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

1,071 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Chesterfield, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Checkin and Room - The sign out front is small, so it is difficult to find. Checkin was very easy. Elevators are fast and they repaired broken tiles in one while I was there. All the hallways are enclosed and heated, which is great in winter, you can go from your room to the indoor pool without freezing! Room 1508 was basic but adequate. The kitchen was well stocked and has a dishwasher, oven, stove microwave and full refrigerator, but there is very little storage room for food. The round table in the living room is small and VERY wobbly, so computer work or even eating is difficult. Flat screen TV in living room was nice with a DVD player, bedroom is traditional TV. Beds are OK, nothing special. Safe in bedroom is large enough for a several laptops and phones, it was in a small closet. The bathroom sink counter is huge, lots of room for your stuff and a large bathtub. Parking garage is tight and visibility is poor (mirrors help, most people ignore them), but you can park within a few feet of the elevators which is wonderful. There is a surface lot across the street if you can’t handle the garage. Housekeeping was erratic, one says no towels or soap, the next one brings them up with a smile. Several just poured cleaning fluid everywhere and sloshed it around which really stinks and does nothing to clean the floor or bathroom. The hotel is non-smoking, but you can smoke on the balcony. Since I like to leave my balcony door open, the smoke just gets sucked in, filling my room. Internet was fast and very reliable even as the hotel filled up, there was no slowdown. Best internet in Myrtle Beach for workaholics like me.
Pools - The indoor pool has a small (very fast) lazy river, two hot tubs, a small pool with basketball hoops and small round kiddie pool. The outdoor pool was heated and very nice in the winter. One of my big complaints at Myrtle Beach is unsupervised children at the indoor pools. They weren’t too bad at Paradise at first, but on Friday I came down and the security guard hauled all the kids out of the pool. There were no parents and the kids were wild. He actually called their parents and made them come down and get them! He is my hero! Alas, that only happened one day and for the next week the kids jumped, splashed and broke every rule in the pool area making my stay miserable. Many kids also tracked sand from the beach to the indoor pool area and hot tub, and many times the elevators had pools of water in them from kids not toweling off.
Breakfast was basic with a small buffet, make your own waffles and they would make fresh eggs for you or on omelet. I got the free breakfast as part of my package.
Location - Paradise is in a tourist area of Myrtle Beach with lots of high rise hotels in the area, there is low rent housing and sleazy businesses as you move a few blocks inland. I felt safe, but I would be careful about walking inland in this area.
I normally stay at the Dunes Village, but it has become too expensive. This is a good alternative, the rooms are similar, but they don’t have all the water features of the Dunes, or the great breakfast buffet.
The best features were the great internet and enclosed garage. But they still need better supervision of the kids in the pools. I paid $62-77 per night plus 13% tax + $10 resort fee for the two weeks before Christmas. Make your reservations at least two months before you arrive, the rates will creep up on you if you wait too long!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Rio Grande, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for five nights in January. We had the most wonderful time at the Paradise! You can't beat the rates during the off season! Our rate included free breakfast each morning of our stay. The breakfast had something for everyone. The eggs were cooked to order along with a hot breakfast bar and a waffle station as well as fresh fruit. We were put in the penthouse King suite and were completely satisfied with our accomodations. The room was spacious with a full-size refrigerator and stove. We did find out that you need to bring your own coffee and filters. I am used to in-room coffee being provided. We did have a problem with our coffeemaker, but a call to the front desk and we had a brand new coffeepot delivered to our door within minutes. The pools were cleaned every morning. I absolutely loved the outdoor heated pool. Everyone was so nice and helpful. I did have a discrepancy in my bill--the resort was running a special rate when I booked the reservation, but was charged a higher rate upon checkout. This was quickly and pleasantly remedied by the front desk manager. I would definitely recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Beautiful view from the top floors!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My family and I had a blast at this resort! Every inch of the facility was clean and vibrant. There was something for everyone, with the indoor pools and lazy river. The staff was attentive and friendly. Great place to spend time with family!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at Paradise Resort. I am very happy to see that your family had a great time and that there was something for everyone. The staff and management look forward to seeing you again in the future
Cicero, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I am going to tell you that we had the best time last year when we came to the Paradise. The only thing is that it keeps getting more expensive. We usually get the 4 bedroom and share it with our neighbors, and we do love it. I am dissapointed that this year when we want to book, there is no breakfast with this reservation. It was way cheaper last year. I will return again in March when all of NY is on their spring break. I love it here and the staff is EXCELLENT..also the pools are clean and the restaurant is awesome. I just wish they wouldnt have the towel person come around and take the towels off the chairs. Especially when we want to go to the beach and go in the water and then come back and see our towels gone. Even when we had my husband there with our son the boy still took our towels. This is a great place ...just let us be with our towels lol!! That was the only thing about the place we didnt like. The rooms are SPOTLESS and CLEAN and the staff is AWESOME...also they have a DJ and I hope he is coming back this year!!! Love you guys at the Paradise!! XOXO

Room Tip: You dont have to bring pots and pans, but I bring a little extra from home for comfort.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Paradise when traveling to Myrtle Beach. I am glad that your family and friends have a great time here and want you to return year after year. We typically only remove towels in the early morning as many guests will reserve chairs and not return for hours. We will certainly try to pay more attention regarding the towels. Once again, thank you for choosing Paradise and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Our family has stayed at Paradise the last 2 years and are returning again in May. This resort has it right. They care about how your vacation is going and strive to make your stay an enjoyable one. The pools and hot tubs and the rooms are always clean and well kept. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at Paradise Resort. I am happy to see that your stay was enjoyable and that you can't wait to return. The staff and management look forward to having your family as our guests again in the future
Asheboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

For the past 4 years we"ve stayed at Paradise Resort. My husband and I spend the week after Chrristmas there every year. We were looking forward to some time away in December 2012 and stayed at the Paradise like always. Late one afternoon, we were relaxing in our room (with the DO NOT DISTURB sign in the lock) Despite the sign on the door, housekeeping began knocking at the door. It took a few minutes for my husband to answer, but by the time he had gotten to the door, she was trying to come in! When my husband pulled back to security bar and opened the door, she snatched the DO NOT DISTURB sign and threw it to the floor. She began stuttering and saying "I didn't know anyone was here, the sign must have fallen to the floor" She turned around and quickly walked away. After that episode, I felt very unsafe and had my husband lock up our possessions in the car any time we left the room. Apparently, she had plans to go "shopping" in our room and we foiled her plans. My understanding was a DO NOT DISTURB sign meant no housekeeping needed, so why did she knock on our door and then use her pass key to enter when she thought no one was home? We did not leave a tip likke we normally do, and decided we'd find somewhere else to enjoy our much needed vacation.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay here at Paradise. I am very sorry that the housekeeper/supervisor walked into your room. We are required to check all "do not disturb" units once per day to ensure the safety of the guest. I completely understand your frustration and can assure you that she was not checking your room to go shopping. Also, I would encourage all guests that if you experience an issue, please let management know while you are on property, we will make every attempt to resolve your issue while you are here. Once again, thank you for your stay and I hope that you will give paradise antother chance.

Been to Paradise Resort? Share your experiences!