“A wonderful place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save 25% this summer
Ranked #11 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Rio Grande, Ohio
“A wonderful place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for five nights in January. We had the most wonderful time at the Paradise! You can't beat the rates during the off season! Our rate included free breakfast each morning of our stay. The breakfast had something for everyone. The eggs were cooked to order along with a hot breakfast bar and a waffle station as well as fresh fruit. We were put in the penthouse King suite and were completely satisfied with our accomodations. The room was spacious with a full-size refrigerator and stove. We did find out that you need to bring your own coffee and filters. I am used to in-room coffee being provided. We did have a problem with our coffeemaker, but a call to the front desk and we had a brand new coffeepot delivered to our door within minutes. The pools were cleaned every morning. I absolutely loved the outdoor heated pool. Everyone was so nice and helpful. I did have a discrepancy in my bill--the resort was running a special rate when I booked the reservation, but was charged a higher rate upon checkout. This was quickly and pleasantly remedied by the front desk manager. I would definitely recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Beautiful view from the top floors!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

841 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My family and I had a blast at this resort! Every inch of the facility was clean and vibrant. There was something for everyone, with the indoor pools and lazy river. The staff was attentive and friendly. Great place to spend time with family!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at Paradise Resort. I am very happy to see that your family had a great time and that there was something for everyone. The staff and management look forward to seeing you again in the future
Cicero, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I am going to tell you that we had the best time last year when we came to the Paradise. The only thing is that it keeps getting more expensive. We usually get the 4 bedroom and share it with our neighbors, and we do love it. I am dissapointed that this year when we want to book, there is no breakfast with this reservation. It was way cheaper last year. I will return again in March when all of NY is on their spring break. I love it here and the staff is EXCELLENT..also the pools are clean and the restaurant is awesome. I just wish they wouldnt have the towel person come around and take the towels off the chairs. Especially when we want to go to the beach and go in the water and then come back and see our towels gone. Even when we had my husband there with our son the boy still took our towels. This is a great place ...just let us be with our towels lol!! That was the only thing about the place we didnt like. The rooms are SPOTLESS and CLEAN and the staff is AWESOME...also they have a DJ and I hope he is coming back this year!!! Love you guys at the Paradise!! XOXO

Room Tip: You dont have to bring pots and pans, but I bring a little extra from home for comfort.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Paradise when traveling to Myrtle Beach. I am glad that your family and friends have a great time here and want you to return year after year. We typically only remove towels in the early morning as many guests will reserve chairs and not return for hours. We will certainly try to pay more attention regarding the towels. Once again, thank you for choosing Paradise and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Our family has stayed at Paradise the last 2 years and are returning again in May. This resort has it right. They care about how your vacation is going and strive to make your stay an enjoyable one. The pools and hot tubs and the rooms are always clean and well kept. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at Paradise Resort. I am happy to see that your stay was enjoyable and that you can't wait to return. The staff and management look forward to having your family as our guests again in the future
Asheboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

For the past 4 years we"ve stayed at Paradise Resort. My husband and I spend the week after Chrristmas there every year. We were looking forward to some time away in December 2012 and stayed at the Paradise like always. Late one afternoon, we were relaxing in our room (with the DO NOT DISTURB sign in the lock) Despite the sign on the door, housekeeping began knocking at the door. It took a few minutes for my husband to answer, but by the time he had gotten to the door, she was trying to come in! When my husband pulled back to security bar and opened the door, she snatched the DO NOT DISTURB sign and threw it to the floor. She began stuttering and saying "I didn't know anyone was here, the sign must have fallen to the floor" She turned around and quickly walked away. After that episode, I felt very unsafe and had my husband lock up our possessions in the car any time we left the room. Apparently, she had plans to go "shopping" in our room and we foiled her plans. My understanding was a DO NOT DISTURB sign meant no housekeeping needed, so why did she knock on our door and then use her pass key to enter when she thought no one was home? We did not leave a tip likke we normally do, and decided we'd find somewhere else to enjoy our much needed vacation.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay here at Paradise. I am very sorry that the housekeeper/supervisor walked into your room. We are required to check all "do not disturb" units once per day to ensure the safety of the guest. I completely understand your frustration and can assure you that she was not checking your room to go shopping. Also, I would encourage all guests that if you experience an issue, please let management know while you are on property, we will make every attempt to resolve your issue while you are here. Once again, thank you for your stay and I hope that you will give paradise antother chance.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is just the right size resort - large enough to have terrific amenities, yet small enough that you are not far from the elevators, breakfast area, pool area, or your car. Resort has an excellent indoor lazy river, two large indoor hot tubs, a kiddie pool, and another indoor pool. Indoor pools were clean and kept at a good temperature. Parking is convenient in a four-story adjoining garage or, if garage is full, directly across the street in a well-lit lot. Some packages include breakfast, and breakfast is very good and on real plates with real silverware (not plastic and paper). However, they did run out of plates when hotel was full. We had a queen deluxe room which was well equipped and comfortable. Staff is very friendly and attentive of any needs. One extremely nice feature of the hotel is indoor corridors. You can get to breakfast area or pool without having to go outside.

Room Tip: Elevators are very fast and wait times are usually short, so rooms on the upper floors work fine. We...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Paradise. We certainly appreciate your business and hope that all of your expectations were met. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to make a future stay more enjoyable. Once again, thank you for your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed for new years with three kids. Perfect room with great view of the ocean and beach. Service was great and kids loved the lazy river and pool. Easy to find and little store right across the street. We will be back for sure. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you for choosing Paradise when traveling to Myrtle Beach. I am happy to see that our location is a great fit for you and your family. The staff and management look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Been to Paradise Resort? Share your experiences!