“Wonderful...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Cicero, New York
“Wonderful...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I am going to tell you that we had the best time last year when we came to the Paradise. The only thing is that it keeps getting more expensive. We usually get the 4 bedroom and share it with our neighbors, and we do love it. I am dissapointed that this year when we want to book, there is no breakfast with this reservation. It was way cheaper last year. I will return again in March when all of NY is on their spring break. I love it here and the staff is EXCELLENT..also the pools are clean and the restaurant is awesome. I just wish they wouldnt have the towel person come around and take the towels off the chairs. Especially when we want to go to the beach and go in the water and then come back and see our towels gone. Even when we had my husband there with our son the boy still took our towels. This is a great place ...just let us be with our towels lol!! That was the only thing about the place we didnt like. The rooms are SPOTLESS and CLEAN and the staff is AWESOME...also they have a DJ and I hope he is coming back this year!!! Love you guys at the Paradise!! XOXO

Room Tip: You dont have to bring pots and pans, but I bring a little extra from home for comfort.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing Paradise when traveling to Myrtle Beach. I am glad that your family and friends have a great time here and want you to return year after year. We typically only remove towels in the early morning as many guests will reserve chairs and not return for hours. We will certainly try to pay more attention regarding the towels. Once again, thank you for choosing Paradise and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

1,032 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Our family has stayed at Paradise the last 2 years and are returning again in May. This resort has it right. They care about how your vacation is going and strive to make your stay an enjoyable one. The pools and hot tubs and the rooms are always clean and well kept. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at Paradise Resort. I am happy to see that your stay was enjoyable and that you can't wait to return. The staff and management look forward to having your family as our guests again in the future
Asheboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

For the past 4 years we"ve stayed at Paradise Resort. My husband and I spend the week after Chrristmas there every year. We were looking forward to some time away in December 2012 and stayed at the Paradise like always. Late one afternoon, we were relaxing in our room (with the DO NOT DISTURB sign in the lock) Despite the sign on the door, housekeeping began knocking at the door. It took a few minutes for my husband to answer, but by the time he had gotten to the door, she was trying to come in! When my husband pulled back to security bar and opened the door, she snatched the DO NOT DISTURB sign and threw it to the floor. She began stuttering and saying "I didn't know anyone was here, the sign must have fallen to the floor" She turned around and quickly walked away. After that episode, I felt very unsafe and had my husband lock up our possessions in the car any time we left the room. Apparently, she had plans to go "shopping" in our room and we foiled her plans. My understanding was a DO NOT DISTURB sign meant no housekeeping needed, so why did she knock on our door and then use her pass key to enter when she thought no one was home? We did not leave a tip likke we normally do, and decided we'd find somewhere else to enjoy our much needed vacation.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay here at Paradise. I am very sorry that the housekeeper/supervisor walked into your room. We are required to check all "do not disturb" units once per day to ensure the safety of the guest. I completely understand your frustration and can assure you that she was not checking your room to go shopping. Also, I would encourage all guests that if you experience an issue, please let management know while you are on property, we will make every attempt to resolve your issue while you are here. Once again, thank you for your stay and I hope that you will give paradise antother chance.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is just the right size resort - large enough to have terrific amenities, yet small enough that you are not far from the elevators, breakfast area, pool area, or your car. Resort has an excellent indoor lazy river, two large indoor hot tubs, a kiddie pool, and another indoor pool. Indoor pools were clean and kept at a good temperature. Parking is convenient in a four-story adjoining garage or, if garage is full, directly across the street in a well-lit lot. Some packages include breakfast, and breakfast is very good and on real plates with real silverware (not plastic and paper). However, they did run out of plates when hotel was full. We had a queen deluxe room which was well equipped and comfortable. Staff is very friendly and attentive of any needs. One extremely nice feature of the hotel is indoor corridors. You can get to breakfast area or pool without having to go outside.

Room Tip: Elevators are very fast and wait times are usually short, so rooms on the upper floors work fine. We...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Paradise. We certainly appreciate your business and hope that all of your expectations were met. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to make a future stay more enjoyable. Once again, thank you for your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed for new years with three kids. Perfect room with great view of the ocean and beach. Service was great and kids loved the lazy river and pool. Easy to find and little store right across the street. We will be back for sure. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you for choosing Paradise when traveling to Myrtle Beach. I am happy to see that our location is a great fit for you and your family. The staff and management look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo. It was perfect. Two rooms had 2 double beds and the master had a queen bed. The condo was very spacious and quiet compared to other 3 bedroom condos in MB. It was also very clean and well stocked w/ kitchen items. (Not always the case in MB) The pools were all warm enough to enjoy them but the main swimming pool is a bit small. The staff did a nice job of keeping the towels stocked.

Two quick comments-If you are looking to be in the middle of things then this is not the place. It is at the far end of MB. There isn't much around to walk to. For us, that was perfect. My other comment is about the enclosed walkways/halls. Since we stay here in the winter it is nice to be inside when returning from the pool. I have stayed in many places where the pool is in a seperate building or the hotel room doors are not in an enclosed hallway. It's a cold, wet walk in the winter and worse with little kids.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the paradise resort Dec 22-24. I found an internet special. There isnt a drive up area to check in, however the parking deck made it easy to take luggae up to the rooms. We stayed in room 1004. The oceanfront view was great. The room was large and very clean. It had a nice but small kitchen. There was a separate bedroom, a nice sitting area. The furniture wasnt fancy but nice. Nothing was old or out of date. The breakfast was very good. We had a voucher for 2ppl to eat free, otherwise i think it was 9.99. The pool area was ok. I loved the lazy river. The inside pool was small. But the outside pool was a nice size. It was dec so we couldnt use it of course. Janet at the front desk was very pleasant. The other staff were nice as well. I truly enjoyed my stay and would come back again... especially at the great price we had.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Paradise Resort? Share your experiences!