“Enjoyable long weekend.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Richmond, Virginia
“Enjoyable long weekend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the paradise resort Dec 22-24. I found an internet special. There isnt a drive up area to check in, however the parking deck made it easy to take luggae up to the rooms. We stayed in room 1004. The oceanfront view was great. The room was large and very clean. It had a nice but small kitchen. There was a separate bedroom, a nice sitting area. The furniture wasnt fancy but nice. Nothing was old or out of date. The breakfast was very good. We had a voucher for 2ppl to eat free, otherwise i think it was 9.99. The pool area was ok. I loved the lazy river. The inside pool was small. But the outside pool was a nice size. It was dec so we couldnt use it of course. Janet at the front desk was very pleasant. The other staff were nice as well. I truly enjoyed my stay and would come back again... especially at the great price we had.

• Stayed December 2012

1,072 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Roanoke, Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was our second time at Paradise Resort. We arrived on Thanksgiving day for a week. Check-in was very fast and efficient and front desk folks very welcoming and helpful. Had a one-bedroom deluxe on the seventh floor as we had requested. Room was fine and what we expected although it was a little bare compared to previous stay. No little nick-knacks or wall hangings to give it a more homey feeling as room last time had. Had breakfast included in our stay and found it to be very good each day. The staff in Sandals were very pleasant and helpful. Pool area always clean and looked after and outdoor pool heated nicely. Parking was never a problem even over the Holiday weekend. Only glitch was housekeeping on a couple of days. One we returned very late (almost midnight) and had no towels (the room had been cleaned but they had forgotten to leave fresh towels.) The next day they had not cleaned by 3 PM (which is their cut -off time) and we called so as not to again get back late and have a problem. Both times the desk handled things very quickly, bringing towels and sending up housekeeping. Not a big deal, however should not have to deal with this type thing on vacation. Over all we like the property very much and will return. it is good value for the cost and a great location. Hopefully the housekeeping issue will be corrected. Thanks for a great time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at Paradise. I am glad that you chose Paradise and hope that we can serve you again in the future. You are certainly correct, some units have more decorations than others, this is due to each unit being owned individually. The homeowners do add their personal touch to their unit. Also, please let me apologize for the lack of housekeeping services. I have already spoken with our executive housekeeper and she is correcting this issue with her staff. Once again, thank you for choosing Paradise and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I took My kids to the paradise resorts for 8 days. It was the greatest time, The room was cleanvery well maintained, The front desk staff was great very pleasant and the room service staff was great. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone. I plan on returning there everytime i visit the beach.

Great jobs guys.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay here at Paradise Resort. I am happy to see that you had a great time and will return on your next visit. The staff and management look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
Lehigh Valley, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I just like to say that I booked our trip on my own. Last summer we did not return to Paradise Resort but were were there in 2010. It was excellent and we had the best time there. The staff, service and cleaniness were outstanding and we were so happy that we found a great summer vacation spot to return to every year. However in the summer of 2011, our 10 day stay at the Paradise was a complete and utter nightmare. Upon arrival at 1 AM, our room was filthy. The carpets were dirtly with food, the bathroom had urine and poop left in the bowl and on the seat, the tub and sink had not been cleaned. We immediately got management and complained and the night manager came and inspected the room and agreed with us. He himself vacuumed the room and apologized and said there were no other rooms available that night but they would switch us tomorrow. Also, the sheets were filthy and the pillow cases as well as the pillows were blood stained. After he vacuumed our room, we went to Walmart to buy rags and bleach and I cleaned the bathroom in our room so we can use it for the night - on my vacation. The next day we were moved but it took most of the day to clean our new room because they wanted to make sure it was spotless and we had to transfer all our belongings etc., to another room, this again took up time on our vacation. The room was clean, however over the course of our stay we again had bloody pillows and cases, the room was past over. Went out to the beach and came back at 5, room not cleaned, bathroom not cleaned beds not made, garbage not empty. This happened at least 5 days. And one day I went up early to do a load of laundry and we had a problem with the washer and our room was flooding. I couldn't even get help because the fire alarms were going off. I was stuck in the building not knowing if it was on fire, my family was at the beach, and my room was flooding because we found out later the hose detached. It took them 2 days to fix my washer. The room was mopped however the rugs remained wet for days. To make up for this the management gave us a few free breakfast and and extra night, but didn't understand how badly they had ruined our vacation. We travelled 700 miles to come back to a place we absolutely loved the year before and felt like we stepped into the twilight zone. It was all very upsetting, we needed this vacation to relax because my little boy had undergone a biopsy before we left on vacation and we were waiting for the results during our vacation, and there were other personal issues with elderly sick parents so this time of peace and relaxation and family quality time was much needed and turned into anything but. Upon our return home I responded to a questionaire they emailed me about my stay and told them all this and more and you know what, not one response from anyone. I guess they felt that what they did while we were there was sufficient to appease us. But a personal apology at best would have been appreicated. I see here the management responds when it is a publc posting, unfortunately that didn't hold true when no one else saw what I wrote but them, how sad. Last summer 2012 we did not return to Paradise because we didn't want our trip ruined again, however, it is a shame because we really loved the location, convenience, etc. So I am looking at all reviews to see if anything has changed there and if they have shaped up, especially since their prices have gone through the roof since our last visit. It seems it hasn't changed much as I am reading the post so I am not sure whether to book there or move to other resorts and try them which I am leaning to. Please note I had to mark a date when we travelled but we were not there on that date, we were there in the summer 2010 and 2011 and I wanted to have my opinion noted and hopefully read by management this time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your review. I certainly appreciate your comments and want you to now that we take them very seriously. First, let me apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay in 2011. As you can see from our recent comments and ranking on Trip Advisor, Paradise is one of the best hotels on the beach. We certainly strive to resolve any issues that our guests have while on property and can assure you and our other guests that if you do encounter any issues, we will resolve and correct them immediately.
Cap-Haitien, Haiti
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Loved the oceanfront view and the comfortable beds. Everything clean and comfortable. The pools and lazy river were great as it was too cool to spend much time on the beach! Brought the grand kids and they wanted to stay on property and in the pools everyday! Very quiet in the room and didn't have to worry about the grand kids being too noisy as there was great sound insulation. Did not want to leave!

• Stayed November 2012
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for choosing Paradise. I am happy to see that you and your grandkids had a great time! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make a future stay more enjoyable.
Brantford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Paradise Resort for the 1st time from Nov. 5th to 10th. We were in oceanfront room 909. Very large and very clean....staff very courtesy and amenities pretty standard.Breakfast was part of our package and very good with omlettes made to order.
Sandels was enclosed and did get rather hot because of the lack of ventilation.
Quiet location and a bit of a drive to attractions.......over all good value..

Room Tip: if u are getting a one bedroom get beside another one bedroom,,our last night the 3 bedroom had a pa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay at Paradise. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the breakfast and that Paradise was a good value. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Paradise.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I've stayed at the Paradise Resort twice... and they have never disappointing me. There was not a time that even when I did have an issue which was rare.. the GM was on it!! The staff is super impeccable especially Janet! The rooms were clean and the housekeepers were there to give us anything we needed. I will be booking very soon for our Girls getaway Summer Vacation.

Jennifer A.

Room Tip: All parts of the resort are good! Not a Bad room in the house!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay at Paradise. I certainly appreciate your comments and will pass them on to the staff. I also look forward to seeing you and your friends during your summer vacation! Please let us know if you need anything to make your future stay more enjoyable.

Been to Paradise Resort? Share your experiences!