“The Best 8 Days ever” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
“The Best 8 Days ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I took My kids to the paradise resorts for 8 days. It was the greatest time, The room was cleanvery well maintained, The front desk staff was great very pleasant and the room service staff was great. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone. I plan on returning there everytime i visit the beach.

Great jobs guys.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay here at Paradise Resort. I am happy to see that you had a great time and will return on your next visit. The staff and management look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

1,037 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Lehigh Valley, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I just like to say that I booked our trip on my own. Last summer we did not return to Paradise Resort but were were there in 2010. It was excellent and we had the best time there. The staff, service and cleaniness were outstanding and we were so happy that we found a great summer vacation spot to return to every year. However in the summer of 2011, our 10 day stay at the Paradise was a complete and utter nightmare. Upon arrival at 1 AM, our room was filthy. The carpets were dirtly with food, the bathroom had urine and poop left in the bowl and on the seat, the tub and sink had not been cleaned. We immediately got management and complained and the night manager came and inspected the room and agreed with us. He himself vacuumed the room and apologized and said there were no other rooms available that night but they would switch us tomorrow. Also, the sheets were filthy and the pillow cases as well as the pillows were blood stained. After he vacuumed our room, we went to Walmart to buy rags and bleach and I cleaned the bathroom in our room so we can use it for the night - on my vacation. The next day we were moved but it took most of the day to clean our new room because they wanted to make sure it was spotless and we had to transfer all our belongings etc., to another room, this again took up time on our vacation. The room was clean, however over the course of our stay we again had bloody pillows and cases, the room was past over. Went out to the beach and came back at 5, room not cleaned, bathroom not cleaned beds not made, garbage not empty. This happened at least 5 days. And one day I went up early to do a load of laundry and we had a problem with the washer and our room was flooding. I couldn't even get help because the fire alarms were going off. I was stuck in the building not knowing if it was on fire, my family was at the beach, and my room was flooding because we found out later the hose detached. It took them 2 days to fix my washer. The room was mopped however the rugs remained wet for days. To make up for this the management gave us a few free breakfast and and extra night, but didn't understand how badly they had ruined our vacation. We travelled 700 miles to come back to a place we absolutely loved the year before and felt like we stepped into the twilight zone. It was all very upsetting, we needed this vacation to relax because my little boy had undergone a biopsy before we left on vacation and we were waiting for the results during our vacation, and there were other personal issues with elderly sick parents so this time of peace and relaxation and family quality time was much needed and turned into anything but. Upon our return home I responded to a questionaire they emailed me about my stay and told them all this and more and you know what, not one response from anyone. I guess they felt that what they did while we were there was sufficient to appease us. But a personal apology at best would have been appreicated. I see here the management responds when it is a publc posting, unfortunately that didn't hold true when no one else saw what I wrote but them, how sad. Last summer 2012 we did not return to Paradise because we didn't want our trip ruined again, however, it is a shame because we really loved the location, convenience, etc. So I am looking at all reviews to see if anything has changed there and if they have shaped up, especially since their prices have gone through the roof since our last visit. It seems it hasn't changed much as I am reading the post so I am not sure whether to book there or move to other resorts and try them which I am leaning to. Please note I had to mark a date when we travelled but we were not there on that date, we were there in the summer 2010 and 2011 and I wanted to have my opinion noted and hopefully read by management this time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your review. I certainly appreciate your comments and want you to now that we take them very seriously. First, let me apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay in 2011. As you can see from our recent comments and ranking on Trip Advisor, Paradise is one of the best hotels on the beach. We certainly strive to resolve any issues that our guests have while on property and can assure you and our other guests that if you do encounter any issues, we will resolve and correct them immediately.
Cap-Haitien, Haiti
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Loved the oceanfront view and the comfortable beds. Everything clean and comfortable. The pools and lazy river were great as it was too cool to spend much time on the beach! Brought the grand kids and they wanted to stay on property and in the pools everyday! Very quiet in the room and didn't have to worry about the grand kids being too noisy as there was great sound insulation. Did not want to leave!

• Stayed November 2012
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for choosing Paradise. I am happy to see that you and your grandkids had a great time! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make a future stay more enjoyable.
Brantford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Paradise Resort for the 1st time from Nov. 5th to 10th. We were in oceanfront room 909. Very large and very clean....staff very courtesy and amenities pretty standard.Breakfast was part of our package and very good with omlettes made to order.
Sandels was enclosed and did get rather hot because of the lack of ventilation.
Quiet location and a bit of a drive to attractions.......over all good value..

Room Tip: if u are getting a one bedroom get beside another one bedroom,,our last night the 3 bedroom had a pa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay at Paradise. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the breakfast and that Paradise was a good value. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Paradise.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I've stayed at the Paradise Resort twice... and they have never disappointing me. There was not a time that even when I did have an issue which was rare.. the GM was on it!! The staff is super impeccable especially Janet! The rooms were clean and the housekeepers were there to give us anything we needed. I will be booking very soon for our Girls getaway Summer Vacation.

Jennifer A.

Room Tip: All parts of the resort are good! Not a Bad room in the house!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay at Paradise. I certainly appreciate your comments and will pass them on to the staff. I also look forward to seeing you and your friends during your summer vacation! Please let us know if you need anything to make your future stay more enjoyable.
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Paradise Resort is a very good hotel, rooms are clean, good size. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It was good to see them cleaning every morning the pool areas, the maids did a great job, it was good to see security walking the premises. The restaurant has a very good breakfast. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for choosing Paradise. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and will reccommend us in the future. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to make a future stay more enjoyable.
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Paradise Resort is a nice hotel, a good value for the money. My husband and I came down for a week of golf and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We booked all of our golf through their X-1000 phone number and was able to get rates that were better than the advertised specials in the newspapers. The room was very clean, had a comfortable bed, and beautiful view of the ocean. We had to call the front desk a couple of times over minor issues and they immediately responded. We have never experienced such friendly and quick customer service! The front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. One highlight of our stay was our breakfast each morning in the restaurant. The staff was outstanding: extremely friendly and courteous, going out of their way to make you feel welcome. The man that made the omelets was terrific. He remembered my order from the previous days and always had something nice to say. He even came over on our last day to wish us a safe ride home! This level of customer service was way above the normal, far exceeding what we have experienced in our many travels. The pool area was very nice also. The only negative that I have for the hotel is that they did not have a community laundry available on site for those staying in units that did not have a washer/dryer. We had to go to their sister property 3 doors down and use theirs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Paradise. I certainly appreciate your comments and am glad to see that your golf vacation was a relaxing and enjoyable one. Your comments will certainly be shared with the staff. Once again, thank you for staying with Paradise and I hope to see you again soon.

Been to Paradise Resort? Share your experiences!