“A nice time in Paradise” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Buy 2 Get 1 Free
Ranked #13 of 216 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Michigan
“A nice time in Paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Paradise Resort is a nice hotel, a good value for the money. My husband and I came down for a week of golf and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We booked all of our golf through their X-1000 phone number and was able to get rates that were better than the advertised specials in the newspapers. The room was very clean, had a comfortable bed, and beautiful view of the ocean. We had to call the front desk a couple of times over minor issues and they immediately responded. We have never experienced such friendly and quick customer service! The front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. One highlight of our stay was our breakfast each morning in the restaurant. The staff was outstanding: extremely friendly and courteous, going out of their way to make you feel welcome. The man that made the omelets was terrific. He remembered my order from the previous days and always had something nice to say. He even came over on our last day to wish us a safe ride home! This level of customer service was way above the normal, far exceeding what we have experienced in our many travels. The pool area was very nice also. The only negative that I have for the hotel is that they did not have a community laundry available on site for those staying in units that did not have a washer/dryer. We had to go to their sister property 3 doors down and use theirs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for choosing Paradise. I certainly appreciate your comments and am glad to see that your golf vacation was a relaxing and enjoyable one. Your comments will certainly be shared with the staff. Once again, thank you for staying with Paradise and I hope to see you again soon.

1,131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was my first time at the Paradise Resort. Very friendly front desk staff and extremely helpful. We asked to be moved from our room due to a a very loud snoring neighbor and the horrible cigarette smoke that was wafting in from the balcony area. Apparently the rooms are all nonsmoking but guests are allowed to smoke on the balconies. Makes no sense to me that this is allowed because the smoke can linger to the floors above, below of next to the suite where the smoke is coming from. We could not sit out and enjoy the balcony area in the evening for this reason. The room itself was very clean and nicely furnished. Big bathrooms and comfortable beds. Housekeeping does a wonderful job of keeping the rooms clean.

As you can see the only complaint I had was about the cigarette smoke on the balcony. It wouldn't stop me from staying here again but I do think that no smoking should mean no smoking on any part of the hotel. I did complain to the front desk but not sure that my complaint would result in any changes. Hopefully if enough people would complain, they will change their policy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay at Paradise. Your comments are very important and I certainly understand your frustration. At this time, we do allow our guests to smoke on the balcony. We will certainly make every attempt to ensure your comfort during a future stay. Once again, thank your for choosing Paradise and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I loved loved loved the hotel it was simply amazing! My husband and I needed a much needed break from the Marine Corps even if it was for only one night but it truly was a little piece of paradise! Everyone is very friendly and they certainly cater to your needs no matter what and the respect your privacy to the tens'. I look forward to coming back in the future and haveing another amazing time! Only issue is I wish the beds were more comfortable. But other than that it was fantastic

Room Tip: Higher floors are much nicer and quieter really no noise at all throughout the whole hotel. Make sur...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
First, I would like to thank you for your service! The staff and management appreciate all that you do for us here at home! I am glad to see that you were able to relax and enjoy the resort. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make a future stay more enjoyable. Once again, thank you for your service and choosing Paradise Resort as your hotel in Myrtle Beach.
Seneca, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is a good place for the money. The breakfast was good, if you can get it free. It would not be worth $10. The fitness center was dated and hard to get to. The key would not unlock it from the third floor entrance. You had to go down to the lobby and take another elevator up to get to it, or you could call the desk and have a security guard come and unlock it for you. This was inconvenient. The made service was fine. The location is good. The pool area is nice and clean. The ocean front location makes up for the other things.

Room Tip: If you want quite choose a high floor. If you prefer convenience, choose a lower floor. The entire p...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent Stay at Paradise Resort. Please let me apologize for the issues that you encountered with your keys. We were in the middle of upgrading our key system and not all of our locks wre programmed yet. I can assure you that there will not be any key issues during a future stay. Once again, thank you for choosing Paradise and I hope to see you again soon in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My best friend and I were at Paradise Resort while hurricane Sandy was terrorizing the east coast ... we live in D.C. Three of my girlfriends and I had planned the trip a month before we heard about Sandy but after listening to the news , two of them backed out . I can only say that after I sent them pictures of the sun rising over the ocean and told them about how beautiful the weather in Myrtle Beach was , they were sorry that they stayed home ! This was my 4th trip to PR and everytime was perfect (consistancy is the key !) . Checking in with Janet is always such a pleasure because she makes you feel like you are being welcomed into her home . The rooms are well appointed with everything you could want in a home away from home (my room had a washer and dryer !) and besides being clean and comfortable , thanks to the housekeeping team , I think they are soundproof too . Even when the hotel is full I have never heard noise from another room . The thing I liked the most was lying in bed (the murphy bed)and looking out at the ocean and I can't say enough about the breakfast buffet . What a way to start your day ! The manager , Paul , the server (don't know her name) and the men at the omelet station , William and Dan were all very attentive and made sure we had everything we needed.......and the food was always fresh , good and well presented . I could go on and on but to sum it all up , I'll just say this place has the right name.....PARADISE ! Can't wait to go back next year .

L.Edwards

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing Paradise when traveling to Myrtle Beach. We certainly appreciate your multiple visits and look forward to seeing you in the future. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the staff. Once again, thank you for making Paradise your preferred resort when traveling to Myrtle Beach.
Ashland, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Love this resort...our first time here(Oct 16-23)...room was spotless...view is spectacular...short walk to beach...wi-fi was great...liked the parking (just park on your floor and walk to your room)..really enjoyed Sandals restaurant(love those omelets!!) and the staff is just terrific...I knew when Cleveland checked us in we had made the right choice...when it came time to leave we so didn't want to go home so we stayed one more night!

Can't wait to come back...would highly recommend Paradise for your beach stay!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Paradise Resort. I certainly appreciate your feedback and will share your kind comments with the staff. Thank you for reccommending us to others and I look forward to seeing you during your next visit.
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Once again in our travels we found this Paradise by chance. The place in right on the ocean in a quieter part of Myrtle Beach. There are several pools and a fast lazy river and a pool bar. We were there offseason so many things where closed but the restaurant was open for breakfast and I thought reasonable priced, possible even free if you book through Paradise directly. I would stay here again if I even come back to Myrtle beach. Pura Vida

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at Paradise. We certainly appreciate your business and are glad that you will choose us again in the future. Once again, Thank you for choosing Paradise.

Been to Paradise Resort? Share your experiences!