“Family friendly fun” 4 of 5 stars

Rates as low as $39
Ranked #34 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Family friendly fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Bayview is in a good spot and the oceanfront room was nice. Given the price however, I expected better housekeeping. They did kindly offer a daily movie, one free pass to 3 different attractions. The kids really enjoyed their pools. Drawback, the parking is across street, housekeeping is slow, and elevators take a while. Overall great due to peacefulness, location, and kid - friendly atmosphere and amenities.

• Stayed July 2014
Corey S, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

We're so happy that you and your family could take full advantage of the location and amenities that we offer. As you may already know, we have plans to install an additional elevator. Construction will begin in just a few weeks! We are also hiring additional staff to shuttle our guests to and from the parking garage, 24 hours per day.

We hope to see you again, following the implementation of these improvements.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Written already .wish it was more affordable and had a service that appealed to food & nightlife right on site
Please read and follow my review for the answer to my review.
I will love to try and come back, will love to get the same room

Also good luck with the 4th elevator, you defiantly need it

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

As you already know, we have received approval to build a fourth elevator. Construction will begin next month! At the completion of this project, we will be able to reprogram the existing elevators to service the building more efficiently. I'm happy the elevators and the lack of an on-site restaurant did not ruin your overall experience.

We hope to see you again following the completion of this renovation.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

There were some really great things about this resort and some not so great things. Overall, it was a good resort and we would consider coming back here.

Pros: The condo was fabulous! We couldn't get an oceanfront, it was street view, but we didn't care about that (we didn't plan on staying in our room much). It was spacious, clean, and had everything we needed. I loved having a washer/dryer and being able to do laundry so that when I came home, it was already done. The location was great! Right on the boardwalk and being able to get out at night and walk around, listen to the music, the ocean was right there - it couldn't have been a better location. There were several water amenities indoors and a kids splash area that was great and right outside the indoor pool. I liked this as we were running between different areas (some have the kids section on one side and the regular on the other). They have 2 machines in the check-in office that always you to check out free (1 at a time) unlimited movie rentals. This was great!! and we took advantage of this throughout our stay. The parking is across the street, but it is not a long walk and we would go up to the 3rd level and always find a close spot to the elevators. At the pool area, we never had any issues finding seating - this was nice.

Cons: Waiting for an elevator was HORRIBLE! They are very aware of the issue and even have a sign up that says they are adding a 4th elevator this fall. I hope that helps. Sometimes, the elevator would stop a couple of times and be too full for us to get on. One day we waited about 15 minutes and was passed up 3X before being able to get on. I am sure this is a peak season issue - so don't let this deter you if you are not going during peak season. There is no outdoor pool, only the indoor pool, which is small and a very small lazy river. For kids, this was great.. the pool wasn't deep, they loved the lazy river and small kids pool (1ft deep) with mushroom water fountain in the middle. However, for adults....not so much. In cooler weather, this is probably great, but during the summer, you want to lay outside and enjoy the pool. Last complaint was WIFI was terrible - spotty at best. My husband and I had to just turn wifi off on our phones as it was so weak that when it tried to use it, you could get anything to load. For my laptop, when I called their technical support, he linked me into another room's wifi and I could access it, it was very slow and not a great connection. I am sure this isn't something that Bayview only experiences, but something to consider, if it is important to you.

Just an FYI that I didn't realize for the beach is that you have to put your personal umbrella either in line with the rentals or behind them.

Room Tip: I would choose a condo style if possible, they have a full kitchen with washer/dryer which was great...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Corey S, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

Thank you for noticing our efforts to install an additional elevator. We share your frustrations, and following the completion of the construction, we will be able to reprogram all the existing elevators to service the entire building more efficiently. We're happy you were able to enjoy the amenities, despite the issues with the elevators and WiFi signal.

We hope to see you again after the completion of the renovation. We believe this will have a huge impact on overall guest satisfaction. If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.

Dover
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Had an awful stay. A dirty sock was laying on our bed to greet us at check in to our room. Took a phone call and personal visit to the desk to get anyone to clean our room. Tile floors in our room were sticky and there was dirt on the carpet floor. Asked the manager to give us a call and never heard from him. The elevator constantly skipped our floor seven causing us to take the dirty and stinky stairwell. Terrible climbing the stairs with a four and six year old.The pool water stunk like sweaty feet. Hall carpet had stains. Workout equipment had seen better days with the grips worn off, paint worn off and holes in seat. They do not offer any type of breakfast. Would not come back even if the stay was free. This is not a four star hotel!

Room Tip: be specific to what size room you desire, if you do not they might put you in a small corner room li...
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We had a great time. The oceanfront suite was perfection. The hotel was close enough to the fun stuff on the boardwalk but not right in the middle where it's super crowded. We actually extended our trip we liked the room so much. While there obviously are a few lower price motels around I think the other reviewer's statement of "slum type areas" is a little over the top. Loved the pool, most of the staff we came in contact with and the awesome parking garage. We were on the top floor, so we had an AMAZING view of the fireworks last night. We only left this morning and are already talking about coming back! The only issue I had the whole time was the really pretty terrible service at the Starbucks.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

We are elated knowing that your family had such a great time. While we have no control over the operations at Starbucks, I will certainly forward your comments to the respective management. I'm happy this did not ruin your vacation.

We sincerely appreciate your patronage, and look forward to your return visit! If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me directly.

rockford, mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My only real complaint was that oddly enough the pool area was all inside. That was weird to me at a beach. I knew this before we booked, but I was at least hoping it was all an "open air" facility for the summer months. The pool was extremely small too. We did not go in one time because of the smallness and enclosed feeling. Too many people and that frankly creeped me out having to stand next to strangers if you just wanted a dip.
The only other complaint was the insane wait for the elevators. They are building a 4th elevator, but I really doubt that will be much help. People would pack in like sardines knowing that the next elevator's wait would be unbearable. I would have taken the stairs every time if we weren't on the 11th floor. Having inviting stairwells would have been nice for those who were on lower floors. The stair wells were unpainted cement, scary and dirty. They should be more inviting as a concession to the extremely slow elevators.
The room was awesome, the view was awesome, the staff as helpful enough.
Parking was literally a stone's throw away and I liked the security of it. Although no woman should ever be in a parking ramp alone.
I also liked the fact that this was the only "high rise" hotel in the vicinity, so more beach to spread out as opposed to the ones north of the 14th street pier. Bayview was walking distance to all the touristy things like the sky wheel, arcades, haunted houses etc. We only did the sky wheel ($13 per person). Going to the center of activity was surely a bonanza for any sociologist. Talk about people watching--goodness, there were some interesting folk.
The board walk was nice and the grounds were really well-kept and plenty of very nice lounge chairs on the grass.
Another cool thing was that they had free dvds to "rent" and dvd players at each tv.

Room Tip: We had a very large two bedroom condo. Full kitchen and ocean front. I think I would have liked a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Corey S, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

It's extremely rewarding to read about your experience. We strive to provide clean rooms and great service, and clearly we achieved that goal. As you know, we are conveniently located at the south end of the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk. However, as a result, we have a limited space to add an outdoor water feature. For now, the outdoor splash deck is all we have to offer, but it seems to be a big hit with the kids. As you are aware, we are constructing a fourth elevator next month. After the completion, we will be able to reprogram the way the existing elevators operate, so that they all serve the entire building more efficiently.

I'm happy this did not tarnish your overall experience. We look forward to serving you during your next stay!

Spartanburg, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My family and I booked a 5 night stay at this resort. I am a regular vacationer at MB and after reading reviews, decided that this would be perfect for us. I read reviews that stated, comfortable, clean, family friendly, etc. We had a hefty budget, so I figured you get what you pay for.....
I was wrong.
I don't easily write poor reviews, but felt the need to warn others on the following:
1) Our room was very uncomfortable. The beds were horrible, pillows were like bricks. Old polyester bedspreads, no blankets, curtains ripped, some unknown food debris on the chairs upon arrival..... Other people I spoke to had updated rooms, which was advertised, ours was not updated...very disappointing
2) The elevator situation was ridiculous, however, they are installing a new elevator. Some of the wait times we experienced were up to 30 minutes. They were tiny, hot, and slow.
3) The door keys were not working properly. We were not the only ones affected. Several people experienced the same problems. The room key will also cause major parking issues, as you will not be able to get into the parking garage.
4) There is no outdoor pool. The management did not monitor any of the children (which I do understand is a parent's responsibility), but when it creates dangerous situations, I have always seen a staff member ask the parents to contain their children or leave the area.15 year olds were jumping into the lazy river, on top of other children. Four and Five year olds were jumping into the hot tub, so relaxation was not an option. The one tiny pool they have inside was overcrowded and teenagers diving, dunking, screaming, even though diving was not permitted. The parents obviously didn't care, just sat there, daring someone to say something so that they could start a confrontation. My daughter was injured when she was slammed on the side of the pool by a much older kid. When I said "please be careful" to my daughter, the mom started cussing at me - typical selfish attitude.
Here is a list of the "Pros"..Not all was bad:
1) The staff (with exception of one manager that seemed to be unhappy most of the time) was very friendly and helpful. The kid that helped us load and unload the truck was awesome. I believe his name was Adam...
2) If we needed something, it was taken care of - Ex. Blankets. They were delivered within minutes, which was appreciated.
3) Location was within walking distance to the Boardwalk, Arcade, Dining, Etc. We hardly drove during this stay, which is a huge bonus.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room, so you're not stuck, like we were.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Bay View on the Boardwalk? Share your experiences!