“ok stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“ok stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

hotel and stay and staff was great but they need to invest in more elevators and may a bigger pool for those whose are taller than 3 feet. Love the ideal that a lot of shopping and restaurants are walking distance. Needless to say i will be attending this hotel more often.

Room Tip: Be prepared to wait in line to get one the evevator
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Corey S, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

You'll be happy to know that we have finally received approval to build a fourth elevator. Construction will begin in September of this year! We are also discussing the possibilities of adding an outdoor pool to our existing water features.

We hope you to see you again, especially following the completion of these improvements.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my friend and it smelt like wet sandy dogs in our room! The bed were awful and made a screechy noise when i sat on them. The hallways were creepy and of you have a 2 bedroom villa then it's really creepy with another door connecting 2 villas together. All the people there were trashy and i still feel like i need to take a shower after staying there! And plastic chairs on the balcony come on!!! Stay somewhere else!

• Stayed March 2014
Corey S, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor. This is one of the many channels we use to gather guest feedback.

I sincerely apologize for the lack of apparent cleanliness. Just to be clear, we are not a pet friendly resort. While there is no excuse for the room to be in the condition you described, we will make every effort to ensure this does not happen in the future.

If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.

Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

This resort just needs an outdoor pool to complete its amenities. Walking distance to restaurants and shopping. Love the new promenade boardwalk. We will be back. Staff was courteous and knowledgeable. Parking garage is nice and secure. Felt safe leaving my vehicle there.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Corey S, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

Our resort was built in 2007, so it is a relatively new addition to the Grand Strand. We are happy you enjoyed the location and amenities.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Anderson,SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I attended a music festival the weekend and first of all I didn't know that the parking garage was over a street and it was dark. I had to walk through an ally and then across the street. I was needless to say not happy by that point as I was traveling alone. I then ventured to my room and then I had to use my key twice to enter a hallway with four rooms inside. The view was nice, the room was clean. I didn't find out until the day I was leaving that they offered a golfcart to take me to my car in the dark garage and to pick me up if I would like. It would've been nice to have known this sooner as I stayed in my room most of the time due to safety concerns. I would only stay here again if I had people with me,it is not a safe place for a lone traveler in my opinion.

Room Tip: Get an oceanview room always. Ask for the cart to pick you up and take you back to the parking garag...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.

I sincerely apologize for the poor impression of our resort's safety. Please know, that we employ a security staff 24 hours per day. If the shuttle car isn't in operation, our security officers will personally escort you to your vehicle. We will do whatever we can to ensure you feel safe and comfortable during your stay. Additionally, we have installed extra lighting and cameras on the walkway to the garage to discourage loitering and provide additional security.

I hope that you would consider Bay View on the Boardwalk during your next visit. If there's anything I can do to be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

My fiancé and a friend of ours attended a friends wedding in Durham and decided to spend 4 nights in Myrtle Beach so we could spend a bit of time by the water. I researched quite a few hotels before we booked and Bay View looked like it had pretty good reviews overall. We arrived on May 19 and were given a two bedroom suite (1706) that overlooked the ocean. It was large and modern with great views. Our first day there my friend mentioned that he had woken up with some bites, but we thought they may have just been bug bites from the night before so we didn't think it was a huge deal. The next morning he mentioned that he had more bites(40+ bites) and they were mostly on his back, neck and arms. We were worried that they might actually be bed bugs so my fiancé called the front desk. They sent the manager up right away and he took a look and decided for "our peace of mind" they would call pest control. After pest control ripped apart both bedrooms it was confirmed that my friends bedroom did have bedbugs!! The hotel sent up some guys to vaporize all of this stuff right away, but that left all his belongings soaking and wrinkled (I guess that's better than having bed bugs come home with us). The hotel then moved us down to room 306. Then on May 22, I awoke at 8 am to the fire alarm lights going off and water pouring past our balcony. Turns out the room two floors above us had flooded and the water was seeping into our room through the a/c system and the vents. We called the front desk and someone came up to assess the damage. The next hour, we had people in and out of our suite to try and clean the mess up but the carpets remained wet and everything felt damp. Luckily we were checking out the next morning so we made the best of a bad situation. Overall the hotel seemed nice but we experienced too many disruptions to really enjoy our 4 nights. To be fair Joe, the GM did comp us for two nights and handled the situation fairly well, but I don't think I'd ever feel comfortable enough to stay here again. My advice would be to check the beds if you do stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Corey S, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.

There are no words to describe the remorse we feel for your experience. As you read from the other reviews prior to your arrival, this is not typical of our resort.

As you now know, we have a contract with a 24 hour pest control service, and they do monthly inspections on vacant units as a preventative measure. Even with this in place, it is impossible for any hotel to completely prevent the appearance of bed bugs. However, we take each incident very seriously and have the tools necessary to safely treat your belongings and inhibit their transferal anywhere else.

Additionally, after your relocation, the guest staying in the unit above you activated the sprinkler system in their unit. Just like you, we were caught by surprise by this occurrence, and had to mitigate the damage the best way we know how.

I completely understand your frustration and hesitance in returning. However, I believe this to be an isolated incident and just an unfortunate set of circumstances. If I can provide any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly. I will make it my personal mission to ensure the best possible experience upon your return.

Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We went to Bayview again. It is very nice place to be. The building is like new and room is clean. We like boardwalk, we would like to recommend this place to anyone who visit myrtle beach. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for staying and writing a review for Bay View on the Boardwalk!

We are happy you found the resort to be clean and conveniently located. We look forward to serving you during your next stay!

Perrysburg, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stayed in a one bedroom ocean view condo suite. The condo was excellent for the price. The kitchen in the condo is nicely upgraded with granite countertops and black appliances. The view from our room was breathtaking. I will definitely stay at this location again when we return to Myrtle Beach!

Room Tip: The kitchen is helpful in saving money on food. We made breakfast and lunch most days in our condo.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

Bay View on the Boardwalk is a 19 story resort that dwarfs it's neighboring competitors. As a result, the "Ocean View" rooms that are located on the side of the building, still provide a spectacular view up and down the coastline. You may also find these units more affordable than some of the "Ocean Front" rooms.

We're happy you had such a wonderful time and we look forward to your return!

Manager

Been to Bay View on the Boardwalk? Share your experiences!