“Beautiful hotel, poor location” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
20% off + Free Starbucks
Ranked #32 of 215 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Beautiful hotel, poor location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I'm convinced that some of the bad reviews are coming from competing area hotels. The hotel was BEAUTIFUL, clean, spacious, the staff was friendly, and check-in was quick! We had a 1 bedroom condo with a kitchen, living room area, two TV's, washer/dryer, huge bathroom, etc. The only problem...it's not in the best area. I don't have any children, so a pool and a lazy river were not a necessity. Some of those area hotels are infested with drug addicts and alcoholics. If you go during the summer, make sure you get an oceanfront (to avoid the noise from the surrounding crack hotels). The parking lot is next to one of the crack hotels that I speak of. Also, if you have children, you may not feel comfortable walking across the street from the parking lot at night. We once saw the police on scene across the street. So basically, beautiful hotel, horrible location. If they bulldoze the other ones down, the location would be perfect, but I doubt that would happen.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Aaron N, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Happy4Life2013,
Thank you for choosing Bay View and leaving a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the room and the service you received while staying with us. We hope to have you back soon.

1,123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Salem, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We recently took our annual trip to the beach. For the past several years we have stayed a Bay View Resort on the Boardwalk because we like the location and we enjoy the Boardwalk area. It’s nice to be able to walk to so many restaurants, bars and piers.

The hotel has recently replaced some of their outside furniture and it looks nice. As usual the rooms and common areas were very clean. The staff is friendly. As others have mentioned in some of their posts, the elevators are slow so after years of staying here we are us to this. We stay on the lower floors so we can take the stairs.

I did have an incident one morning with an employee of the housekeeping staff. I was in the condo by myself and I was in the bath and I did not hear housekeeping knock on the main door. Once she entered our room she did not check to see that the unit was empty before she started cleaning. The bathroom door WAS SHUT, light and vent were on in the bathroom and she did NOT knock on the door before she entered to find me standing in the tub drying off. I was upset that she did not knock before entering a CLOSED BATHROOM DOOR! She proceeded to back out of the bathroom and said “sorry, I will make your bed”. Then I realized my clothes were in the bedroom where she was making my bed.

Two things...she should have knocked on a CLOSED bathroom door before EVER entering and once she realized I was there she should have left the unit and said she would come back later!

I did report this to management and they did investigate the incident and talked to the employee on what she did wrong and hopefully this will not happen again to another guest. More than being embarrassed it was scary to have someone walk in on you in this condition, especially when the day before it was a male employee that cleaned our room.

Lesson learned here is to always put the deadbolt on the door before I getting in the bath/shower when I am in a hotel room all alone!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BayViewMOD, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear PGibson61,
Thank you for returning to Bay View. We are very sorry for the incident that occured during your stay. We have taken the neccessary steps to correct this issue and ensure it does not happen again. We understand this must have been embarassing and we sincerely appologize for the mistake. We hope you will contnue to return to Bay View.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Booked a room from website and was very amazed at the price to begin with, I even chatted to an agent and called to confirm what I was reading was real! Took advantage of the Sunday saver package and got the 2 bedroom condo - awesome room! Was put on 14th floor and what a view! I had read previous reviews online and in reference to elevator wait times - we found this congestion really only occurred at check in/check out times other than that we always got one in less than 5 mins. Great walking distance to everything! As far as the complaints on the pool, um, you are at the beach! People don't go on vacation just to hang out at the pool, especially with the beach 900 yards from the back door. We enjoyed the " tiny" pools immensely! And the lazy river was enjoyable. Free DVD rentals daily? Thank you! I would highly recommend this hotel to family and friends and am most certainly going to return! Thanks for an awesome stay, bay view!

• Stayed August 2013
Aaron N, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Mom2chase,
Thank you choosing Bay View and taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you took advantage of our Sunday Super Saver and found it to be a great value. We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your oceanfornt condo and our resort overall. Thanks again for the 5 star review and we hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Let me first start out by saying wow! From the first point of contact everyone was amazing! When we checked in Sammie was professional and had wonderful customer service skills! She made the check in easy and she was very welcoming. We had a cooler and lots of bags so Ethan gave us a ride back over to hotel and he was awsome! We had an amazing night on the boardwalk and our 2 bedroom oceanfront condo was perfect! The staff graciously gave us a late check out and Jamie was very pleasant and we will definitely be back soon! I will be recommending this property to anyone going to myrtle beach!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear KathrynTamburrino,
Thank you for choosing Bay View and leaving a 5 star review! We are glad you encountered such a friendly and helpful staff here at Bay View. We look forward to accommodating you on your future trips to Myrtle Beach!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We picked this place based on the internet look of the pictures and it's made to appear like it's the new resort to stay at. The rooms and beds are old and terrible and you have a weird entrance to you room; you go through a steel door and behind that door is access to 1-3 rooms to get to your entry door and that main steel door slams all night. The elevators are brutal, we waited 30 minutes the day of our flight out. There is only one indoor lazy river pool, no pool outside. The only positive thing is the location, view, and beach. I also found the two bellman (probably in their 20's and not much younger than me) obnoxious, laughing at certain guests and taxi drivers. Myrtle Beach is nice in general but I won't pick this place to stay again. Trust me, pick another place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear mbaileybuna,
I am sorry to hear your experience here at bay View did not meet your expectations. We hope you will reconsider and give us another chance to show you the normal Bay View experience.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Granted ... every hotel review has pros and cons, the good, the bad, and the ugly. But I truly have nothing negative or ugly to write at Bay View. Yes .. I would like for the pool to be bigger, and yes, I would like for there to be more amenities. But .. the hotel itself met all of my needs, and we absolutely loved our room, The kitchen is ideal, the living room was perfect, and the one separated bedroom was just right. Very comfortable bedding, as well. (we had 2 queen size beds). The staff was very accommodating, One thing I haven't read is that...you will have a small coffee pot/maker in your kitchen, but no coffee/cream/sugar in your room when you get there. but all you have to do is go down to the front desk; they keep the coffee packets/cream/sugar there, and you can get as many as you want/need. I love that we got to get free DVD's from their own Red Box at the front desk lobby area. We were there mid August, when you would think it would be packed, and yes, it ws busy, but we never had to wait more than a couple minutes for an elevator. There are two sets of elevators on every floor; perhaps people who write about the horrid wait for an elevator, don't realize there are two sets..?I dunno, but we never had a problem. We truly loved that this hotel is right on the Boardwalk. Sooo relaxing to go outside and walk around the courtyard, or just sit and relax. Close to everything, and we made sure to walk a few miles every morning and every night. Loved having local musicians so close by in the park. Truly - I would stay here again and again; I had originally looked at pricier hotels with more amenities, but I will now not go anywhere else when we go back next year.

Dear cookiebox,
Thank you for choosing Bay View. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations as well as the location and relaxation of our back lawn. We are pleased to be your new "go-to" hotel and look forward to having you back next year!
Taylors, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went down on Labor day weekend so I knew it'd be pretty crowded, slow elevators, etc. At first arrival we were very pleased with the room; we booked the oceanfront condo with the full kitchen and living room; very clean, beautiful view; the full size beds are really the only downside. The first night was terrible; a large group was making excessive noise throughout the night and we could hear everything. I called the front desk twice, once at 12am and again at 3am and they said they'd "send someone up when they got a chance," so I went and sat in the hall to wait for security. The neighbors were still very loud, coming and going, banging on doors, so I finally went down to the front desk and told them directly; they acted like it was the first they'd heard of it but at least then they sent security up with me and the problem was solved. The next day we went to the front desk and found out the group would be there for the same duration as us so Tina switched us to a different room 6 floors up, and we had no further noise problems. Huge thanks to the housekeeping crew for moving all of our items to the new room!! The parking garage is a nice feature however we did get verbally assaulted over a parking space so my advice would be to park away from everyone on the 4th floor near the elevators.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Aaron N, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear kaylanorton,
Thank you for choosing Bay View. I am sorry to hear that you had a sleepless night while staying at Bay View. We do our best to investigate and resolve all noise complaints in a timely manner to ensure none of our guests are being disturbed. I hope you will reconsider and stay at Bay View again. Thanks for the review.

Been to Bay View on the Boardwalk? Share your experiences!