We recently took our annual trip to the beach. For the past several years we have stayed a Bay View Resort on the Boardwalk because we like the location and we enjoy the Boardwalk area. It’s nice to be able to walk to so many restaurants, bars and piers.
The hotel has recently replaced some of their outside furniture and it looks nice. As usual the rooms and common areas were very clean. The staff is friendly. As others have mentioned in some of their posts, the elevators are slow so after years of staying here we are us to this. We stay on the lower floors so we can take the stairs.
I did have an incident one morning with an employee of the housekeeping staff. I was in the condo by myself and I was in the bath and I did not hear housekeeping knock on the main door. Once she entered our room she did not check to see that the unit was empty before she started cleaning. The bathroom door WAS SHUT, light and vent were on in the bathroom and she did NOT knock on the door before she entered to find me standing in the tub drying off. I was upset that she did not knock before entering a CLOSED BATHROOM DOOR! She proceeded to back out of the bathroom and said “sorry, I will make your bed”. Then I realized my clothes were in the bedroom where she was making my bed.
Two things...she should have knocked on a CLOSED bathroom door before EVER entering and once she realized I was there she should have left the unit and said she would come back later!
I did report this to management and they did investigate the incident and talked to the employee on what she did wrong and hopefully this will not happen again to another guest. More than being embarrassed it was scary to have someone walk in on you in this condition, especially when the day before it was a male employee that cleaned our room.
Lesson learned here is to always put the deadbolt on the door before I getting in the bath/shower when I am in a hotel room all alone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smoke-free Bay View Resort is located on the NEW oceanfront boardwalk promenade. Bay View features an array of water amenities from an indoor lazy river, pool, spa tub to a children's pool as well as an oceanfront splashdeck. Guests love starting their day with fresh brewed coffee and pastries from the on-site Starbucks. Guests take advantage of the preferred pricing offered by area attractions and golf courses. Accommodations - Select from a variety of 1, 2 or 3 bedroom condos featuring large, private balconies with either sunrise or sunset views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MyrtleBeachHotels, Orbitz, Hotwire, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Bay View on the Boardwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay View On The Boardwalk Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bay View Myrtle Beach
- Bay View Hotel
- Bayview Resort Myrtle Beach Sc