“Nothing too fancy but clean, safe & RIGHT ON THE BEACH!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
20% off + Free Starbucks
Ranked #30 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nothing too fancy but clean, safe & RIGHT ON THE BEACH!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed here last weekend while on a business trip. I decided to switch my boring Sheraton conference setting hotel room for a place on the beach. It was only a four minute cab ride (~10 min walk) to the conference center and it had great views. I was on the 11th floor. The hotel is one where you enter from the outside, so it was kind of sketchy at first. However, it proved to be very safe.

The room itself is nothing to brag about - it has a basic layout. When you walk in the front door you are in the bedroom (tv, king bed and an open closet area to hang clothes. Then you enter the narrow kitchen and off to the right is the bathroom (HUGE TUB -- CLEAN TOO!). Once through the kitchen you are in a pseudo living room complete with a tv, pull out couch and murphy bed. The murphy bed was clean and comfy. I ended up sleeping in there and keeping the balcony door open, so I could fall asleep to the ocean. It was very relaxing.

I used the pool and hot tub on one occasion and managed to get to the beach once as well. Neither were comparable to a lavish resort, but they were clean and nice. It was exactly what I needed considering I was on business. I'd recommend this place to anyone - it's well priced and as I stated before - clean, safe and right on the beach!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Aaron N, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Megan C,
Thank you for staying at Bay View on the Boardwalk. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed a clean room with a great view of the ocean. We hope to have you stay with us again the next time business brings you to Myrtle Beach.

1,160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Thomasville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

When I checked in it was a breeze! the staff and management were great. I enjoyed the all u can rent movie that was a plus.The room was very good had a ocean front view.The only thing is u could hear every thing in the room beside u.Untill they decide 2 go 2 sleep.The elevators are very slow.But over all the best hotel at the beach.If u want the best burger at ocean front bar and grill is the best!

Room Tip: Go 4 ocean front view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear ronnie r,
We are glad to hear your check-in was smooth and that you enjoyed a great oceanfront room. We strive to be the best in Myrtle Beach and greatly appreciate the two thumbs up review!
Somerset, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Let me start by saying that I am a very picky person and fret over everything….to the extent that I was still checking reviews up to the day we arrived. After reading some of the reviews I was so nervous that it wouldn’t meet MY expectations. But let me say that my family (husband, 12yo daughter and myself) was sooo happy and more than satisfied with our stay at Bayview. We stayed in a one bedroom oceanfront condo (1903A) from 6/3-6/7 with a spectacular view. It was clean, modern and made for a very wonderful home away from home. Now to be fair, I must say that there were pros and cons to the entire facility so to better help future guests:

Beach/location: Convenient location, right on the boardwalk with several access points to the beach with lots to do, places to eat and 2nd and 14th ave piers within walking distance. The beach was clean and no there was not any glass or inappropriate items lying around. A lifeguard stand is located directly behind the hotel on the beach and I personally watched each morning them scan the beach while setting up umbrellas and chairs (for rent at $35/day – whew). NOTE: This is not within walking distance of Broadway at the Beach but the strip has lots to do.

Room: The kitchen was fully equipped with sufficient, however basic, materials to cook and eat with. There were no paper towels provided but there was a dishrag and towel. There was complimentary dishwashing powder (but not much) but no detergent for sink washing. The washer/dryer (bring own supplies) were great as room service was not needed. We washed our own towels daily, cleaned up after ourselves and simply set excess trash outside the door which was picked up promptly. We also ensured to use the cleaning area located outside when coming in from the beach to not track sand. We were in a separate foyer type area off the main hall which could only be accessed by 3 other rooms which added additional security and quietness. This area did have a musty smell to it but it is a closed off small area with poor ventilation but it didn’t seem to affect the room. The bathroom was typical for a hotel and clean. The bedroom was a little small and poorly lit but we weren’t there to stay in bed. Also, there was only a bedspread on the beds (no blankets, but we brought our own). The living room/eating area was open off from the kitchen and was really nice and clean. The sleeper sofa was a nice convenience for private nights or sleeping to hear the ocean. The balcony was nice but the glide/threshold for the door stood a little taller than most (I’m sure for weather protection) and we kept tripping over it. I once even went arm first into the door leaving a major bruise (glad was coming back in instead of out). So I simply put pop box pieces down to serve as a reminder. This should be checked into by management though as it could pose a safety hazard.

Parking/Check in: The parking garage was free, locked down securely and was not as far away as other reviewers lead you to believe. You have to be checked in and have your room key to access it anyway and they allow you to park and completely unload right at the front door. They have people outside directing traffic and helping to unload in the check in area to ensure expedient turnaround. But we were still able to have enough time to check in, unload, take our items to our room and then park. As others have mentioned though, we also had problems with the key card the one time we actually left the parking garage upon re-entry.

Pool: The pool area was clean and there was a constant presence of staff keeping a watchful eye. It’s not that big but gets the job done and wasn’t real busy, especially at certain times of the day. We hit part of Tropical Storm Andrea which caused the ocean to be a little too rough at times so our daughter took full advantage of the indoor facilities.

Elevators and staff: We personally did not have any problems with the elevators or staff taking it over. Our longest wait was maybe 5-10 mins and that was because we had other rude guests to step in front of us. The staff always was friendly and didn’t take priority over allowing guests to use first.

Fun and Sun bonus: Was a nice idea. We took advantage of the DVD’s but not the free passes. The places promoted were too far off site for our preference and weather didn’t permit when we actually made it that way.

At no time were we harassed for timeshare options (except while on the strip, not at the hotel) and the only thing that I thought was silly was that they were going to charge $1 per wrist band if not returned. Would be great advertisement and souvenir but it is what gives you access to the pool so I can see their point.

So, all in all, I would recommend this hotel if you want in the mix of Myrtle Beach and all its main attractions. Friendly staff, great amenities, perfect location and more than we could’ve hoped for. My family will definitely consider staying again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear hape2bmome,
Thank you for choosing Bay View on the Boardwalk and taking the time to leave a review. It is pleasing to hear we lived up to your expectations and that you had a great family vacation. We hope to have you stay at Bay View for all of your future Myrtle Beach vacations.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

All the reviews were perfect for this place. Nothing could be further from the truth. When i arrived there were intoxicated people wandering the streets. Cops were cuffing people all over. The officers were wearing flakjackets filled with many weapons. That said enough about the neighborhood for me. The hotel itself was run down. Everything was broken. A standard wait for the elevator was ten to twenty minutes! The night staff was either drinking on the job or just plain dumb. The only saving grace of the entire trip was a nice desk manager named TIna who helped refund us on the way out. If you want a relaxing beach vacation surfside beach is 20 min south but feels like a world away from the trash that has piled in to myrtle.

• Stayed June 2013
Aaron N, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear billiononthebeach,
We are sorry to hear our resort did not meet your expectations. We hope that you will give us another chance. Feel free to contact a Aaroj directly to book a future reservation. 843-626-0000.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Arrived at Bay View on Saturday, June 8th. around 12:30 or 1:00 pm and filled out the paperwork at the front desk to make things easier when my condo was readied. Front desk woman was very efficient and she was very informative. She left no stone unturned when explaining resort amenities, etc. Sure I had to wait a short while, but her helpfulness also prevented more trips downstairs and further waits in line to get answers. When it comes right down to it, the lines were handled just fine by the excellent staff. A short while after 3:00 pm, my Ocean View Condo with 2 balconies was ready. The condo was perfect; it was everything I could hope for and exactly like the layout shown on Bayview's accommodations link. The one bedroom Ocean View has an airy & spacious layout, and could easily accommodate more than 2 people. The rooms were all clean. Loved the towel art in the nice sized bathroom. I have an excellent view of the Ocean from one balcony and a great view of the side street level facing the ferris wheel on the heart of the boardwalk from the second balcony. The neat thing about the second balcony. You can walk out on this balcony from the sliding glass doors from the living room and also a smaller recessed area with a sliding glass door in the bedroom. You can actually lay back on one of the beds and enjoy the soft lights of the boardwalk ferris wheel from the bedroom at night. Another wonderful perk, the sliding glass doors to the balcony with the ocean view is also in the living room on the opposite site. The living room thus becomes a beautiful mecca of sunshine every morning. If this doesn't pick up your spirits, nothing will. My adage, buy the eggs, orange juice, and coffee. The kitchen is well equipped with every thing you need. It was nice to wake up, make my own breakfast, and not have to leave the awesome view of a morning sunrise and immerse myself in the peacefulness. Crime, I'm sure there is that. Since I spend my working week trying to decrease the prevalence of crime & increase the safety in the community I live in, I know crime is everywhere. No matter where you go on vacation common sense & staying with the flow of people is important. From reading the reviews here, I really thought I had this huge walk ahead of me to get to a parking lot that was surrounded with all sorts of unknowns. I was very glad to see that Bayview provides such a safe place for our vehicles and parking was really not that far; it was just a short walk the across the street to the gated parking garage. As far as housekeeping goes, there is a washer and dryer in the room. I can throw in the towels while I ready for the day or go out to the beach. I haven't been here long enough to rate the cleaning staff, but if it is anything like when I first checked in, I'd say housekeeping does a good job. I'm here for vacation and I stay centered on the positive aspects. MB is a fun and charming place to be. Oh, don't forget WiFi. Bay View has great reception. In fact, I'm in my Condo now, enjoying the morning light with my cup of Starbucks, using wfi to write this review I feel compelled to write. I have a whole week to enjoy MB and plan to savor every moment I can, including my stay on the 8th floor at Bay View. The elevators do take some time going between floors, but I'm on vacation, I have the time to slow my mind down and wait. There are stairs as an alternative option. Do I Like Bay View enough that I would come back again? ABSOLUTELY!!!! And I'd love to be able to rent this very same condo every year. The staff at Bay View have been great, the location is great, I can walk in several directions and find what I need, and did I tell you how much I loved this condo ? Seriously, this place gives you a great place to be at an affordable price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear BekkaF,
Thank you for the outstanding review. We are glad that you found our staff to be both efficient and informative. We look forward to being your return destination in Myrtle Beach.
Fairmont, West Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

First, let's start off with arrival. Check in was at 3:00 pm. We arrived at 3:15 pm. There was a line out the door waiting for people to check in. We waited about twenty-thirty minutes. When we got to the desk, they told us the rooms were not ready yet. Not a big deal, we were planning on walking around the boardwalk anyways. They let us go ahead and fill out the paperwork and pay off the room. They verified our phone number and said they would call us when the rooms were ready. Well, six thirty-seven o clock runs around and we still haven't had a phone call. So we decide to walk back over to figure out when our rooms would be ready. They told us, "oh yeah the rooms have been ready for a few hours." Um, where was our phone call? I just drove over ten hours, so I was a bit irritated. Then this place only runs on three elevators for nineteen floors. It was ridiculous. And apparently the service elevator was out as well, so the cleaning crew were on our elevators as well with their giant equipment making it so only a few of us could ride on there at a time. Super inconvenient. A few days into our stay, one of the elevators stopped working. So we were down to two elevators. Then, the staff decided it would be a great time (while we only have two elevators) to stop using one of them for a cleaning. In the middle of the day. So for a few hours that I know of we were down to one elevator. We probably spent almost an hour every day if not more dedicated to waiting on the elevators. We would have taken the stairs, but 1. we were on the 14th floor and 2. We couldn't even find them until our last day there. They were not beside of the elevators or clearly labeled. House Keeping was terrible. When we arrived at our room on the first day, the people before us had left their dirty underwear and pants in the closet. When we told the front desk, they said "Well can't you bring it down here?" and we told them they were dirty and we didn't want to touch them, they said they would send room service up there to collect them. No one showed up that night or even at all the next day. The third day we were up there, a maid came and knocked on the door asking if we needed room service. We said yes, there are dirty underwear left in the closet from the guest before us. She said "No, I don't do laundry." She barely spoke any English, so I doubt she even understood what we were trying to say. This was the only day out of our six day stay that we got any room service, at all. The underwear and clothes were still left in the closet whenever we left. Our fourth day there, the key cards quit working and we could not get in the parking garage or into our room. It was an easy fix, but highly inconvenient because we were already out driving and trying to park our car in the garage before it occurred. So we had to wait for another person to drive along and let us slide their card (and they also said they just went and got new ones because theirs did the same thing). Another annoying thing was the person trying to bribe you into buying timeshare with their resort. He was very persistent. They also tried to trick you into buying their bands for their pool, which was annoying. We also wanted to stay an extra night (the weather was bad, so we were hoping for a sunny day on the next day). My husband did not make the reservations; I did. So he did not know how much it was a night. When I made the reservations, it was only $88.00 a night. Well he charged my husband $120.00 a night. And when my husband questioned it, he told them thats what we were paying now, which wasn't true. I don't know what he was looking at, but it was just annoying that they were trying to squeeze whatever they can out of us. The only good part about this was the people at the front desk for the most part were very nice. The Starbucks was a good add-on for something quick. And you get free unlimited DVDs. The selection is small, but it is mostly newer movies. The rooms are very nice and big, and for the most part clean. The views are very nice. The pool is a little bit small, but overall nice. I would never stay here again and I recommend anyone thinking about doing it to not do it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Aaron N, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Chelsea W,
We are sorry to hear we didn't meet your expectations during your recent stay. We are always striving to provide the best service and create an enjoyable experience for all of our guests. We hope you come back again and enjoy a more typical Bay View experience.
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This hotel is in the heart of all the action. It has a great location and easy access to the board walk. The Ocean Front Room is very small. I had a hard time controlling the air conditioner. When I turned it off it kept blowing cold air in the bathroom. The indoor pool is average. Checking out to too long. If you want more peace and quiet, stay in North Myrtle Beach, especially if you have small kids. One last thing, the parking desk is secure from the outside, but you have to walk across a vacant parking lot across the street to get to it. The neighborhood by the parking deck looks rough. It was hard getting a cart to take the luggage to the room. Easy access to the beach. Will search for a better hotel next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jeffsmo,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry we did not meet all of your expecations throughout your stay. We hope you will reconsider and give us another chance next time you return to Myrtle Beach.

Been to Bay View on the Boardwalk? Share your experiences!