We decided to do a quick Mother daughter beach trip this past weekend (4/20/13) and we stayed at the Bay View.
PROS: The hotel is located right on the boardwalk which leads you directly to all the action on the strip which was awesome because we did not have to drive. The hotel is well equipped with a Starbucks on the property, a movie kiosk that included free movie rentals throughout your stay, an indoor pool and it was beach front. You also receive 1 free pass to the NASCAR racetrack which I thought was an awesome incentive.
CONS: We rented the 1 bedroom condo (ocean-view) and it was a nice condo with two queen beds in the bedroom and a pull out sofa in the living room; however, the balconies were very small (one overlooking the street and the other sideways from the beach). Also, the street balcony faced the hotels across the street and their guest were looking directly in our faces as we sat on the balcony, so we did not utilize the street view balcony because that was a little weird. The hotel's elevators are extremely slow and we took the stairs down every time to keep from waiting so long. The parking garage is around the corner so be prepared to tow all your stuff back to the hotel if you don't unload first which can be a nightmare because the area in front of the hotel is very small.
In light of all the CONS, we still enjoyed the stay here and will most likely stay here again when in need of a short trip. For longer stays, I don't think this hotel would work for me, but for one night, it was tolerable.
- Also Known As:
- Bay View On The Boardwalk Hotel
- Bay View On The Boardwalk Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bay View Myrtle Beach
- Bayview Resort Myrtle Beach
- Bay View Hotel
- Bay View Resort Myrtle Beach
- Bayview Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smoke-free Bay View Resort is located on the NEW oceanfront boardwalk promenade. Bay View features an array of water amenities from an indoor lazy river, pool, spa tub to a children's pool as well as an oceanfront splashdeck. Guests love starting their day with fresh brewed coffee and pastries from the on-site Starbucks. Guests take advantage of the preferred pricing offered by area attractions and golf courses. Accommodations - Select from a variety of 1, 2 or 3 bedroom condos featuring large, private balconies with either sunrise or sunset views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with AAA Travel Services, Priceline, Booking.com, MyrtleBeachHotels, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Bay View on the Boardwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.