“Great staff...saved our vacation!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Oceanfront rooms- $69
Ranked #30 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Great staff...saved our vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

After staying one night in a dreadful hotel down the road, I was in search of a hotel that could accommodate my family of four on short notice, through the Easter weekend at a rate that didn't break the bak.

The staff was incredibly helpful. They worked to find a room with enough beds, full kitchen and every amenity we could think of. They took us up to look at the room before booking it and made us feel as though our business was important to them.

Housekeeping does an amazing job every day and helped keep us loaded up with fresh towels, dishwasher soap and emptied trash cans. The room looked great each and every day of our stay.

The kitchen amenities were amazing. The indoor pool area and hot tub were cleaned and monitored for pH levels. The staff worked to keep the pool deck clean, organized and free of clutter left by other guests.

Each employee we saw had a smile on their face and asked how we were enjoying our stay. On the morning of our check out, the staff had a luggage cart waiting outside of our room for us. This was a great help as we were leaving early in the morning and I thought we would have to go down ten floors to retrieve one.

Room Tip: We had a north facing room with two balconies. We had a beautiful view of the Ferris wheel at night...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My sister and I just spent 5days/4nights in Mytrle Beach, SC with her son and eldest daughter. We did not book on line because while you can pick handicap accessible, it does not guarantee you a roll in shower for a wheelchair. We spent nearly 3 hrs going from hotel to hotel trying to find a room to accommodate my nephew while allowing my sister to smoke on the balcony with an ocean view. This is in off season. If it had been summer, we wouldn't have found a room period.
The Bay View Resort was a bit pricey, but it met our every need. It has terrific access to the beach and boardwalk to the pier, so my nephew was able to get around in his power chair without issue. The room had a full kitchen, dining room, two bedrooms with full roll in showers and a sleeper sofa. The room it was terrific! The overall experience was great, I just wish the price was lower for off season and we weren't able to extend our stay in the room because we were told that there wasn't going to be cleaning staff available to clean it on the weekend. How odd is that? We did have to wait a day for a ramp to allow my nephew access to the balcony, but the view was worth the wait. He was really pleased with the room and wanted to book it again for the summer.

Room Tip: Always ask to view the room before booking to ensure your wheelchair can access everything in the ro...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I picked bay view because of the location and price. When my family and I arrived check-in was a breeze. Everyone was helpful and nice. The elevator was a little questionable only because of the traffic it was handling. When we got to our room on the 15th floor i was happy to find everything in order. The room was very clean and the furniture was nice. The pools and kids sprinklers kept my 3 yr old entertained and happy. In all it was fabulous

• Stayed March 2013
David E, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear niqqulle,
Thank you for staying with us and for your review. Hearing that you had a fabulous stay is what we strive for every time. I am pleased to hear that you found the check-in process to be a breeze and the staff to be helpful and nice. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed your clean room with nice furniture and that you and your 3 year old were able to take advantage of the pools and sprinkler area. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to hosting your next vacation to Myrtle Beach.
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My grandson & I just needed a family oriented location to stay for a few days as a little treat for him being such a great grandson. He is only 6. We loved the heated indoor pool area & large Hot tub facilities. The staff went out of their way to make sure our needs were met. All with a smile! I strongly recommend Bayview. This is my second time staying BUT not my last!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have 2 key locked doors for security & SUPER quiet!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
David E, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear TGOOD69,
Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing our property. I am pleased to hear that you and your grandson enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our heated indoor pool area and the large hot tub. I am glad you felt that our staff went out of their way to meet your needs. Please tell your grandson that we are happy to have him here for being such a great grandson. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to hosting your next vacation to Myrtle Beach. From our family to yours, we hope you have a wonderful spring season.
Stuarts Draft, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wonderful hotel on the beach. Great rooms and friendly staff. Far enough from downtown to be quiet but close enough that you can walk down thew boardwalk. You can get some great rates before Memorial Day and after Labor day.

Room Tip: Oceanfront condos are great but get one a little higher than the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Richard H.,
Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing our resort. I am pleased that you enjoyed our great rooms and friendly staff with a great location. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to hosting your next vacation to Myrtle Beach.
Belleville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have always enjoyed our stays here because of friendliness, cleanliness, helpfulness,location and knowledgeable staff but this year added even a new dimension. We were booked to stay 2 months and when my husband became ill and we had to leave almost a month early I really didn't expect to get a refund (snowbird rates are pretty special) - we got a full refund for unused portion of the trip and Jessica at the front desk couldn't have been nicer. She even arranged to forward mail that was still going there.We have been going to Myrtle Beach for about 20 years and this is the only resort that I can honestly say we've never had any complaints or met even one unfriendly staff. Location is perfect - about mid-way on boardwalk - between 2 piers and close to stores and restaurants. 'THE' place to be in MB.

Room Tip: Corner suites have great views of ocean and city.
Dear gtcornfoot,
Thank you for staying with us and for the kind words. First and foremost I do hope your husband is feeling better. I am glad that you enjoyed the cleanliness of the resort, the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, as well as the location on the Boardwalk between the piers near the stores and restaurants. Thank you again for staying with us and we are looking forward to your return to Myrtle Beach.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Bay View is a hotel with capital letter . Our family liked it a lot .Very clean , very friendly , everybody very helpfull ,starting from the lobby front desk to the maintnance people and the houskeepers . Got beautiful View to Atlantic Ocean , and was very close to everything , restaurants , the beach . Next time when choosing a hotel , we definetley will go to Bay View again . And by the way Tripadvisor got its role in it .

Room Tip: I have been only in one room , so next time i stay there , i'll tell the difference . And for no...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
David E, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Smith L,
Thank you for staying with us and for your wonderful review. I am happy to hear that your family enjoyed your stay and that you found our hotel very clean and our staff very friendly. I am also pleased to hear that you took advantage of our beautiful views and our location close to the beach. Thank you again for staying with us and we are anticipating you return to Myrtle Beach.

Been to Bay View on the Boardwalk? Share your experiences!