“Nice hotel, BUT...............” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Sanford, NC
“Nice hotel, BUT...............”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed this past weekend at the Bay View. Got a great price but................ Our check in went fine . Got to our room. Was very nice, 1 bedroom, full kitchen, living room/dining room combo. Noticed the carpet was dirty, like someone does not know how to vacuum. There were crumbs by the sink, no coffee, dish detergent or kitchen towels. My husband went to main desk and they were able to get us some of those items. Again on Saturday, the carpet did not looked vacuumed, but everything else was fine. Bay view is in a terrible location, nothing good around the area, but mom & pop small motels. No restaurants, just a terrible view. The pool/hot tub was very nice, very clean, so there something good about the place. This was our second stay there and won't be returning anytime soon!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BayviewMgr, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear DonnaSandford_NC,
Thank you for staying with us, and for your review. I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced as our guest. I have taken the liberty of discussing your concerns with our Director of Housekeeping. We do not leave coffee in the rooms because we have the Starbucks in the front of our building, but we do have coffee available upon request at the front desk. I can assure you that Bay View is in a safe location despite to appearance of the surrounding area and we have 24-hour security. I am glad to hear that you found our pool and hot tub to be very nice and clean. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to host your next stay in Myrtle Beach.

1,197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Was here for a weekend and it was sufficient but certainly nothing great. Staff was friendly and yes the elevators can be slow but they worked. The room was OK , clean but just looked old and dated. The parking is across the street next to some properties that look a bit scary at night but didn't have any problems.

Room Tip: Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed. Clean and cheap is what you get.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Travel4FunnMichigan,
Thank you for staying with us, and for your review. I am sorry that your stay was not as relaxing as you were hoping it would be. I hope you will give us another chance to show you the relaxing vacation that you were looking for. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you back on future trips to Myrtle Beach.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband and I were very impressed with hotel over the summer when a friend stayed so we booked a room for our anniversary. While sitting on the 8th floor balcony in the dark I saw bugs. I turned closest light on and saw the were cockroaches. Lots of them. Grossed out we called desk to report no heat and bugs. They offered a different room on 19th floor so we go in room and low and behold Palmetto bugs. I'm done left and came home by 10 pm Ruined my evening and dampened my anniversary celebrations. NEVER AGAIN! !!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BayviewMgr, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Pixeltaker,
I am very sorry to hear that your visit was not up to the usual standard of Bay View Resort. I would like to reassure you that we take issues such as these very seriously. We contract with the best pest control company on the grand Strand, who in turn, treat every room quarterly. Again, I am sorry to hear that your visit was not up to our normal level of excellence, and we hope to have you back on your next trip to Myrtle Beach.
Binghamton, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights at the Bay View. Overall, a great value. Fabulous view, good room size, cleanliness, location and room service. Much has been written about the parking garage a block away, so here is my take. I thought it was a hassle. Twice my card didn't work to let me drive in, so I had to drive back to the office. The speed bumps in front of the gate made no sense and only make access for difficult. If someone wanted to break into a car, they could find a way into the garage and do it with no one watching. I would rather see an open garage with parking permits. Other than the parking, I'm glad we stayed there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Don1900,
Thank you for choosing Bay view, and writing a review about your experiences. I am pleased to hear taht you enjoyed your stay and found us to be a great value. Sorry to hear that you had an issue with your keys during your stay. We do hope that you'll come back and stay with us on your next trip to Myrtle Beach!
Apex, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Bay View Resort the weekend after Thanksgiving in a Condo one bedroom on the street side. This turned out to be a suprizingly great hotel that was clean, had enough to do for the teenagers, great location , and even better - we could not beat the pricing for the hotel/Pirates Adventure dinner show package. We have already recommened it to friends. Don't miss the rooftop shuffleboard, the indoor lazy river and hot tub, and the chairs out in the sun even in December! The beds left a lot to be desired but the kitchen, balcony, and sitting area was more than what we needed. Don't forget to bring paper towels, some dishsoap, coffee filters and they even have a washer & dryer in the closet but bring detergent.

Room Tip: For better pricing, stay on the street side. It may be too cold on the ocean side in winter anyway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear ggthor,
Thank you for choosing Bay View and for posting a review of your recent stay. I am pleased to hear you were able to take advantage of a great package deal. Even better to hear that you found our hotel clean, and in a great location. We hope to host your next trip to Myrtle Beach!
Taylors, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed for our Honeymoon 11/24-11/27 2012. The 1st room was to small tight for my Husband, we requested a new room with a larger bed. This was not a problem for an additional price. the next room was ocean front beautiful!!!! The next morning Monday went to breakfast, room not cleaned. Went to lunch room still not cleaned. I called front desk the woman assured me that the room will be cleaned, left to walk on the boardwalk, came back a little before 5pm Not cleaned. call front desk, this person told me housekeeping has left for the day, she did say someone could bring me clean towels and sheets, but I would have to make the bed myself. I asked for discount on my room since I was going to clean it myself, she then put me on hold and said someone will be up to clean it. I decided to check out. Not sure who answered the phone on Monday 11/26/12. but the person was rude and being that, was my 1st time ever going to Myrtle Beach, I can cross this off my list. I will never return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear abbymGreenville_sc,
Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay at Bay View resort. I am very sorry to hear about the housekeeping issue you encountered during your stay. I do not believe that your experience was indicative of a typical stay at Bay View Resort, and wish we could have an opportunity to show you a true Bay View experience.
Tutbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We only stayed one night had a 2 bed room on 11th floor with a sea and pier view. Great location, room on the small side but had everything even a small balcony and it met all our needs. Fridge, microwave coffee making. There is a starbucks in hotel too. We only paid £28 for the night and did not pay a resort fee on arrival so we were very please.As it was off season we could park right next to hotel and did not have to go over the block to car park. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear eyam,
Thank you for choosing Bay View, and for your subsequent review. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the accomodations. We hope that you'll soon stay again, and that next time you can stay longer and take advantage of all that Bay View has to offer.

Been to Bay View on the Boardwalk? Share your experiences!