“Close to the ocean but needs a face lift” 3 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Oceanfront rooms $59
Ranked #36 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Michigan
“Close to the ocean but needs a face lift”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Was here for a weekend and it was sufficient but certainly nothing great. Staff was friendly and yes the elevators can be slow but they worked. The room was OK , clean but just looked old and dated. The parking is across the street next to some properties that look a bit scary at night but didn't have any problems.

Room Tip: Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed. Clean and cheap is what you get.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
BayviewMgr, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Travel4FunnMichigan,
Thank you for staying with us, and for your review. I am sorry that your stay was not as relaxing as you were hoping it would be. I hope you will give us another chance to show you the relaxing vacation that you were looking for. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you back on future trips to Myrtle Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband and I were very impressed with hotel over the summer when a friend stayed so we booked a room for our anniversary. While sitting on the 8th floor balcony in the dark I saw bugs. I turned closest light on and saw the were cockroaches. Lots of them. Grossed out we called desk to report no heat and bugs. They offered a different room on 19th floor so we go in room and low and behold Palmetto bugs. I'm done left and came home by 10 pm Ruined my evening and dampened my anniversary celebrations. NEVER AGAIN! !!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BayviewMgr, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Pixeltaker,
I am very sorry to hear that your visit was not up to the usual standard of Bay View Resort. I would like to reassure you that we take issues such as these very seriously. We contract with the best pest control company on the grand Strand, who in turn, treat every room quarterly. Again, I am sorry to hear that your visit was not up to our normal level of excellence, and we hope to have you back on your next trip to Myrtle Beach.
Binghamton, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights at the Bay View. Overall, a great value. Fabulous view, good room size, cleanliness, location and room service. Much has been written about the parking garage a block away, so here is my take. I thought it was a hassle. Twice my card didn't work to let me drive in, so I had to drive back to the office. The speed bumps in front of the gate made no sense and only make access for difficult. If someone wanted to break into a car, they could find a way into the garage and do it with no one watching. I would rather see an open garage with parking permits. Other than the parking, I'm glad we stayed there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Don1900,
Thank you for choosing Bay view, and writing a review about your experiences. I am pleased to hear taht you enjoyed your stay and found us to be a great value. Sorry to hear that you had an issue with your keys during your stay. We do hope that you'll come back and stay with us on your next trip to Myrtle Beach!
Apex, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Bay View Resort the weekend after Thanksgiving in a Condo one bedroom on the street side. This turned out to be a suprizingly great hotel that was clean, had enough to do for the teenagers, great location , and even better - we could not beat the pricing for the hotel/Pirates Adventure dinner show package. We have already recommened it to friends. Don't miss the rooftop shuffleboard, the indoor lazy river and hot tub, and the chairs out in the sun even in December! The beds left a lot to be desired but the kitchen, balcony, and sitting area was more than what we needed. Don't forget to bring paper towels, some dishsoap, coffee filters and they even have a washer & dryer in the closet but bring detergent.

Room Tip: For better pricing, stay on the street side. It may be too cold on the ocean side in winter anyway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear ggthor,
Thank you for choosing Bay View and for posting a review of your recent stay. I am pleased to hear you were able to take advantage of a great package deal. Even better to hear that you found our hotel clean, and in a great location. We hope to host your next trip to Myrtle Beach!
Taylors, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed for our Honeymoon 11/24-11/27 2012. The 1st room was to small tight for my Husband, we requested a new room with a larger bed. This was not a problem for an additional price. the next room was ocean front beautiful!!!! The next morning Monday went to breakfast, room not cleaned. Went to lunch room still not cleaned. I called front desk the woman assured me that the room will be cleaned, left to walk on the boardwalk, came back a little before 5pm Not cleaned. call front desk, this person told me housekeeping has left for the day, she did say someone could bring me clean towels and sheets, but I would have to make the bed myself. I asked for discount on my room since I was going to clean it myself, she then put me on hold and said someone will be up to clean it. I decided to check out. Not sure who answered the phone on Monday 11/26/12. but the person was rude and being that, was my 1st time ever going to Myrtle Beach, I can cross this off my list. I will never return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear abbymGreenville_sc,
Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay at Bay View resort. I am very sorry to hear about the housekeeping issue you encountered during your stay. I do not believe that your experience was indicative of a typical stay at Bay View Resort, and wish we could have an opportunity to show you a true Bay View experience.
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We only stayed one night had a 2 bed room on 11th floor with a sea and pier view. Great location, room on the small side but had everything even a small balcony and it met all our needs. Fridge, microwave coffee making. There is a starbucks in hotel too. We only paid £28 for the night and did not pay a resort fee on arrival so we were very please.As it was off season we could park right next to hotel and did not have to go over the block to car park. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear eyam,
Thank you for choosing Bay View, and for your subsequent review. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the accomodations. We hope that you'll soon stay again, and that next time you can stay longer and take advantage of all that Bay View has to offer.
Powhatan, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed here for Thanksgiving (11/21 - 11/25). The staff from check-in to check out was friendly and helpful. Every staff member we encountered was nice and ready to help us pick places to go, things to do even on Thanksgiving Day. I worked in the hotel industry for several years, at a very, nice hotel and I must say that Bay View exceeded my expectations. After making reservations thru Expedia, I called the hotel to explain that due to my hubby's height we needed a king sized bed and that due to my son's allergy to tobacco smoke, I needed to make sure there was no tobacco smoke smell in the room. The guest service person was extremely nice and noted my needs and said to call back a few days before arriving. When I called back, I got the same friendly response that they would make sure we got what we needed. (Please note, the resort is smoke free, put some people smoke any way!)

I must say that I have never stayed in a cleaner place. We loved our mini vacation at the Bay View so much, we have recommended it to 3 other families. We our planning another stay here with another couple this summer.

One small compliant is slow elevators, but you are no vacation, what's the rush?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear jbstrat,
Thank you for staying and posting a review about your stay. Very pleased to hear that all of our staff made a great impression on you, and that our reservations and front desk personnel were able to fulfill your requests. Thank you for recommending us to your friends, and we hope to host your next stay in Myrtle Beach!

Been to Bay View on the Boardwalk? Share your experiences!