“WILL RETURN AGAIN SOON” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
MOORE, SC
“WILL RETURN AGAIN SOON”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

What is the best feature of this lovely facility? Location right on the ocean, close proximity to restaurants and shopping, Starbucks downstairs, cleanliness, friendliness of staff. What I enjoyed most was walking the Boardwalk from directly in front of the resort, down to 14th Ave pier, and back to the 2nd Ave pier, then back to the resort, then reclining comfortably on the lawn with a good book. Refrig and microwave added to the convenience. Next time I plan to take my own linens as the sheets were rather thin (but clean) and the spread had seen better days. For all the outstanding features of the resort, this is not a problem and easily remedied.

Room Tip: I love the oceanfront rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear TRAVELTIME78,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear about your excellent visit and that you were able to take advantage of our fantastic location directly on the boardwalk, which like you said is a short walk to many attractions in the area including both fishing piers. We hope that you decide to stay at Bay View again for any future visits to Myrtle Beach and wish you and yours a very safe and happy holiday season.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The room and hotel exceeded my expectations fo the price I paid. The pictures shown on the website show how the place actually looks. I didn't get a chance to use the pool facilities, but the indoor pool and lazy river looked great. Hope to be back soon.

Room Tip: Get Oceanfront room that looks directly at Ocean. Relaxing.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Nike7227,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us here at Bay View. We are thrilled to see that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you had a great stay with us. We hope that you continue to choose Bay View and look forward to having the opportunity to have you back with us again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Had a balcony and loved it. Room was all I needed it to be. Clean and close to everything. Also liked the locked parking garage. Could chose the beach, boardwalk, hot tub, lazy river and several pools and splash zones for kids. Enjoyed the lazy river and saw many others use it also. But on the weekend the kids took it over, running in it. It made it impossible to use the innertubes for fear of running someone over. Management should supervise this so it could be used as intended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear fritterbit,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us here at Bay View. We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful trip and that you and yours were able to get great use out of our amenities. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to have you with us again in the future for your next visit to Myrtle Beach.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here because I ran the myrtle beach half marathon. The location to the finish line and boardwalk were incredible! We hated to leave. The shuffle board and corn hole games were our favorites! Also, we stopped by the Starbucks at least once a day! The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back again next year!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Hbow619,

Thank you very much for posting a review on your time with us here at Bay View. We are thrilled to hear about your great stay and that the location was excellent and what you were hoping for. We are also very happy that you enjoyed our amenities and that the staff was able to make an impact on your stay. We hope that you do continue to choose Bay View for all of your visits to the Myrtle Beach and we have the chance to host you and yours once again.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I love going to Myrtle Beach, especially when its off season. :) That way you have all the sights to see, the beautiful ocean and less crowds. When we arrived at night, the first thing I did was open the balcony and just inhaled the sounds of the ocean. I loved it. We were offered an Upgrade, which I took and the room was just gorgeous. I slept with the patio door open, just to hear the ocean. I took pictures from the balcony every morning and every morning the view was magnificent. I had not previously stayed at the BAY VIEW on the BOARDWALK but I would stay again. The staff were wonderful and always helpful. I wish I had been able to stay longer and next time I will plan to stay longer. LOVED it. The location was perfect, almost exactly the same distance from each of the piers (PIER 2 and PIER 14) and actually saw someone catch a Blowfish. That was the highlight of the day. Truly a great place to stay. THe pillows were the only drawback. They were tiny, Next time I will bring my own. LOL

Room Tip: Make sure you get the Oceanfront view and I loved the view from the 11th floor where I was. The air...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Gequita R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us here at Bay View. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your upgrade to one of our spacious one bedroom condos as well as our fantastic location. We look forward to having you back as our guest again in the future and like you we hope you have the opportunity to stay longer.
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 10/20 - 10/22 for the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon. Very convenient to the finish line, the night life and the beach. Our room was a beach front king with a room that seemed small. The room was clean, had a small bar sink, coffee maker but no coffee, a microwave and a dorm fridge. Our bed had 3 very small pillows, a top and bottom sheet, no blanket and a cheap comforter. The towels were low quality and very small.

At 4:30am, some clown was out on the boardwalk just outside our room with a leaf blower blowing the sand off the concrete from one end to the other. Seriously, 4:30am? Where patrons pay extra for beach front rooms and sleep with sliding doors open to enjoy the fresh air and sounds of the ocean.

By sometime after 3pm on Sunday after returning to our room, we discovered room service still had not been there. After spending our first night sleeping with just a top sheet (because I can't imagine using the comforter as a blanket) we called down for another pillow, blanket and coffee. It was explained to us that because there is a Starbucks in the "resort", they cannot put coffee in the rooms. Then why a coffee pot? Room service brought the items we asked for but never attended to our room. The staff we encountered were certainly friendly but when I think of a place that calls theirself a resort, I expect a little extra, a little higher-end then a Motel 6 or other roadside room with a bed and cheap linens.

Also of note. Parking is off property and a block and a half away. Free but a walk through a run down closed motel across two streets.

I will stay here again but would probably investigate an ocean view room with a queen because I think they are a bit more spacious and I would insist on room service.

• Stayed October 2012
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear P. Jewett,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on your previous stay with us. We are very happy that overall you had an excellent time while with us, however I do want to apologize about the inconveniences you had experienced while staying with us. What you were told is correct; we don’t place coffee inside the rooms due to our partnership with Starbucks but if requested we do have it on hand at the desk. We also have extra blankets for guests available upon request at any time. I do hope that you give us another chance, for your next stay so we can get you in one of our very spacious one bedroom condos which I think would be an excellent fit for you and yours.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I just returned from my fourth (4th), Bay View on the Boardwalk, stay this year starting in April. Each time I left, the pleasant memories I had from my previous trips seduced me into a speedy return. The location is superb...right smack dab in a location that gives you nearby access to many of Myrtle Beach's attractions.

The grounds are well manicured and kept, and the beautiful flowery landscaping attracts very pretty butterflies that flirt with you as if they are going to land on you, yet skitter away. If you don't fancy walking down to the beach, you can enjoy a leisurely sun bath in the available lounging chairs on the patio, or on the grassy lawn area.

The rooms are good, and housekeeping is conscientious. Yes, the pillows are soft, but I remedied that by packing my own pillow. It's nice to have safe in your room to safeguard your valuables.

On my last trip I discovered how to use the local bus transportation, Intra Costal, {picks you up, and drops you off right outside the hotel} and saved BIG bucks on transportation. This was a fantastic find. Boy was I all over the place on that bus.

Although I did not have the occasion to communicate with the front desk much, the few times I did call I found the customer service to be superb. Questions were answered promptly and necessary actions were taken expediently.

I'm aleady looking forward to my next trip, and it's almost certain that I will be staying at Bay View on the Boardwalk. Bay View gave me a "lot of bang for my bucks."

Room Tip: I prefer a room ocean side somewhere in the middle of the building. The view is excellent from this...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear debra937,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear of your great trip; we rely very heavily on word of mouth and repeat guests so we can’t thank you enough for your continued support and patronage. We all look forward to having you back for trip number five and having the opportunity to have you back as our guest.

Been to Bay View on the Boardwalk? Share your experiences!