“Great hotel and location” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Rates as low as $39
Ranked #34 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Boston
“Great hotel and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed at the Bay View 5th thru 12th Oct staff at check in Friendly. Our housekeeper was also very nice on the 10th floor .. We stayed on ocean front room was small next time we will book a suite .. Great location on the boardwalk .. Great vacation. I wish they would use better pillows they were very poor quality and lumpy. .. Overall a very good choice Would return to the bay view .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Bostonliz55,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay with us here at Bay View. I am very happy to hear that the staff was able to make a fantastic impression on you and yours and we look forward to hosting you and yours again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Bay View has a decent location on the water but the surrounding area is a little scary. Reminds me of north Vegas. The pools are inside and are small. We came in off season and the pools were packed. I can only imagine what its like in the middle of summer.

Dear MissKatieDi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I want to assure you that while the surrounding area is a bit older than we are, it is a very safe and secure area. I hope that you do decide to stay with us again in the future and that we have the opportunity to have you back as our guests.
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We booked a 3 day stay at bayview resort. When we reached here, si ce we have 2 young kids, we decided to upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite to make it easy for everybody to get ready in morning and be able to sleep properly. However we found that at night even though the heat/ ac unit was off it was still blowing cold air. We have 2 young kids. When I called and complained about it, they said that the maintenance man was not there for the night and they will let him know of it in morning. Since my kids were asleep, I didnt want to move so I asked for some blankets. The next day nobody came up to check e unit so I called them again and the maintenance personnel came and said he fixed it. After a long day at he beach today we had the same problem and called them again below when they said the units in a and b unit are controlled by one controller so it will alternate cold and heat depending what the other unit was set yet. They had not mentioned about this to us in the beginning when we asked for an upgrade and charges a good amount of money for that. They said that they could not do anything about this and can send more blankets. Please check all details before you change or upgrade. We are leaving tomm, but if I had known of this earlier would have checked out o a different hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room where nobody else is sharing the next room
Dear Perry M,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on your stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that we weren't able to make your stay more comfortable while you were with us. What the staff told you regarding the A/C unit is correct and that one central unit controls both the A and B portions but it shouldn't affect the ability for one side to be warmer or cooler than the other. I hope that you give us another chance to show you how great a stay can be and make this previous stay up to you. We do have stand-alone two bedrooms that have full control of the thermostat that I think would be an excellent fit for you and your family. I look forward to speaking with you soon and having the opportunity to host you and yours once again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed at Bay View from October 2 - 8. I chose the location based off of the good reviews I saw here on trip advisor. My stay wasn't completely pleasant but I will share both the good and then the issues I encountered. The location of the resort is excellent. It's right on the boardwalk and within walking distance to all of the attractions on the boardwalk. The hotel was clean and I was impressed with the friendliness of the staff at check in. We stayed in one of the ocean view 1 bedroom suites and the room was fantastic. It had all of amenities we needed and was very clean and new. The parking garage was across the street and a short walking distance from the resort and was gated so I didn't worry about my car being stolen or broken into the entire trip. It was nice having that peace of mind. I was also impressed that after we decided to stay one extra night, the female manager gave me the same room rate I paid through Priceline. I was very appreciative of this. The only thing I didn't like about the hotel itself was the small pool area. There was no outside pool, which would have been an issue if I had been staying there during the hot summer months.

The biggest issue I encountered with Bay View was being contacted by the resort to move my car because the resort had decided to block off the bottom level of the parking garage for motorcycles. There was a motorcycle rally of some sort being held over the weekend. I was not pleased with being asked to move my car, which had pretty much remained parked the entire trip. I felt it was poor service on the part of the resort to contact all of the guests parked in that area and ask them come move their vehicles, just to accommodate motorcycles that were coming to town. It was around 9PM when I was called as well and I refused to go move my car at that point. The manager I spoke with was Rude, Rude, Rude, and had a nasty attitude which I did not appreciate as a paying guest. He gave me the name of his manager but I never called the next day. I didn't want to and shouldn't have to deal with that type of drama while on vacation. The next day when I went out they had, at that point put up signs and caution tape saying the parking was for motorcycles only. I never complied with the hotel's parking request because I felt it was pretty ridiculous and mainly due to the jerk I spoke with. Second, I paid for my room through Priceline and when I got home I checked my credit card statement and I was also charged by the hotel. I called and spoke with someone at the hotel and was told to call Priceline. The issue is still not resolved and has been a huge pain. Thankfully I didn't use my debit card. I've never had issues with Priceline before and was told the resort didn't follow proper instructions. I wish everything had gone smooth but due to having to deal with these issues I will not stay there again. I had actually looked into the possibility of purchasing one of the condos at the resort. I even had my parents, who are retiring to Myrtle Beach come check out the rooms because they are looking to purchase as well. However, due to the above issues that will NOT be happening.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Ron B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us. We are very happy to see that overall you had an excellent stay but do want to apologize about the issues you did experience. We are very sorry about any inconvenience the call to ask you to move your car had caused, during the bike rally's we do cordon off the garage so that the bikers have parking in one secure area rather than spread out throughout the garage. This isn't meant to give preferential treatment in any way it is merely for everyone's safety during those weekends. We also want to apologize immensely for any perceived rudeness from any person on our team, that is certainly not how we want to conduct ourselves with any guests. I also am very happy to see that we have resolved the issue regarding your account and want to apologize about any inconvenience that caused and do hope that you decide to stay with us again in the future so that we can try and make this previous stay up to you.
Butler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband, two year old son and I just returned from a great stay at Bayview Resort in Myrtle Beach! This is the first time we went off season and could afford to stay on the beach and after this wonderful stay, we look forward to doing it again. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially Donfay (spelling?) He greeted us with a smile and assistance at check in and was a friendly face throughout our stay. The location is fabulous and my son absolutely loved the pools and sprinklers. We enjoyed strolling the boardwalk and playing on the beach! Thank you and your staff for assisting in our great getaway!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Janice S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us and we are extremely happy that you and your family had a great stay with us and enjoyed our water amenities. I will be sure to let the Dontay and the staff aware that their hospitality was very much appreciated. We look forward to having you and yours with us again for another great stay.
Southport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Everyone was extremely nice. Our room was clean and the views are great. The location is perfect for a family vacation or a singles weekend.
Everytime I stay at the Grand Strand from now on will be at Bay View.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear VernonLT,

Thank you for your recent review of the Bay View and the kind words. We are very happy that Bay View was is the perfect fit for your trips to Myrtle Beach and look forward to having you with us again.
Smyrna, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I am a Grandmother who stayed the first week of October with two teenage grandsons and their friends. While the parking garage was off property they offered security to escort us after dark. The Bay View was in the middle of the boardwalk. The boys could walk in one direction to the sky wheel and 14th ave pier and in the other direction to the 2nd ave pier. They could walk a couple of blocks inland and play miniature golf or eat or shop. This was the perfect location for us. The rooms were great. Each bedroom had a balcony with an ocean view and the living room had an ocean front view. The accomodations were perfect for us. I would highly recomment the Bay View.

Dear Smyrnagran,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that Bay View was the perfect fit for you and your family and that you were able to enjoy our excellent location in the heart of Myrtle Beach right on the brand new boardwalk. We look forward to having the opportunity to have you and your family back with us again.

Been to Bay View on the Boardwalk? Share your experiences!