“Beautiful views” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Schooner Beach & Racquet Club

You added Schooner Beach & Racquet Club to your Saves list
Schooner Beach & Racquet Club
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   7050 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Virginia
“Beautiful views”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Schooner in Mid October. I must mention Beth at the front desk who made very sure that I got the condo that I wanted. She was helpful, patient and friendly. I gave the hotel 3 stars because it is very outdated. It needs renovation badly. However, the views from the 7th floor condo in which we stayed were wonderful. Watching the sunrise and sunset was amazing over the ocean. The condo was clean. I knew that housekeeping did not clean the rooms daily, but they called most mornings to determine if we needed anything. That was fine with me. The location is also very good. It is near restaurants, shopping areas, and entertainment. As retirees, we enjoyed the quiet atmosphere. We did not use the pool, but walks on the beach were nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SchoonerI, Manager at Schooner Beach & Racquet Club, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We will begin renovating some rooms in March. We hope that you can visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The place is in need of an update really bad. The bathrooms have this disgusting jetted tub with a low dollar insert. The grout and tile on the bathroom floor is really worn. The pool is really small, uninviting grounds and the exterior view of the place next door makes it look even worse. When the Hilton goes up next door they are going to have to step up their game.

Awesome staff our unit was very clean but if you're looking for a place to stay that's updated and has a nice pool and lounge area this isn't it. On the plus side it's right on the beach and everything is close.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time to give us your honest feedback.
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

There was nothing remarkable or awful about Schooner. This was the most average Myrtle Beach hotel I have seen. The 1-bedroom unit with an extra set of bunks in basically a large closet was nice for extra beds. The outdoor lawn area was a nice spot to relax. They could use an extra elevator but that won't happen. Not bad. Not great. Just a place to stay...

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback. We will begin renovations on some rooms in March, hopefully making our resort a little better than average.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The room was so dirty that when my 10 month old crawled on the floor her feet and knees turned black!!! The furniture was stained and filthy. I felt very uncomfortable with the cleanliness of the room and hotel as a whole. We did laundry in the laundry room and lost money in 2 of the dryers because they did not work. I didn't mind the hotel and room being outdated but it should have at least been clean. Also, nobody tells you when you book the room that it is black bike week and let me say I would never vacation in myrtle beach again during that time, fortunately we were there at the end and only had to put up with it for one day. The staff all seemed very nice and the outdoor chairs and tables were very nice. Great view of the beach. In closing I will never stay there again because of how filthy the room was

• Stayed May 2013
Your comments are very helpful to us to ensure that these issues do not occur again. We are very sorry that you experienced these issues.
High Point, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed this past weekend at the hotel and I must say that it was very nice and clean. The staff was very friendly which I loved. The room actually looked like the pictures on the site which was exellent! The only thing I didn't like was that if you are bringing your kids you may want to reconsider because there is not a lot for them to do (one sliding board outside) other than swim in the pool unless you want to drive to a different destination. However the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff was amazing. We stayed on the 9th floor and had a beautiful oceanfront room.

Room Tip: Very quiet and enjoyable!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing such a positive review about our resort.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I do not have one bad thing to say of this place, people were nice, room was nice, the view from the bed at the beach was so nice and relaxing. A+ in my book, the outside of the building at night is really cool, your on the strip but away from the crowd on the grand, we got to stay top floor with an ocean view for a good price as well.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you so much for the positive review. We really appreciate your kind words about our resort.

Been to Schooner Beach & Racquet Club? Share your experiences!