“Wonderful location!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riptide Beach Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riptide Beach Club
You added Riptide Beach Club to your Saves list
2804 N. Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC   |
Ranked #86 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Tulsa
“Wonderful location!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

The buildings are right on the beach---we stayed in Riptide II, Building D, in D-16 in an ocean front condo. The bedroom had a picture window with a spectacular view of the ocean. There was also a balcony where you can sit and enjoy the ocean breeze and view. The parking is limited but there is a 7 story parking garage across the street where you can park. the building is only 5 stories so no waiting for elevators.
We had fresh towels every morning and the garbage was taken each morning.
There is a laundry room on the first floor---$1.00/washer; $.75/dryer.
Two good places to eat within walking distance were The Sea Captain's House & Spring House.
Remember you're at the beach---condo slightly dated but met our needs.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
markham, ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

My wife and I stayed in a Town House overlooking a small courtyard in front of the office. The kitchen window opened to a view of the city street and the sidewalk was directly outside. As we entered the unit we noticed a foul order throughout the townhouse which we thought was pesticide. The smell persisted and it was probably sewer gas. The unit was large with dated uncomfortable furniture and the ambience was similiar to an old run down trailer. The bathroom floors were dirty, the top of the fridge has never been cleaned and when I tried to open the kitchen window to air out the unit it was covered in dirt and dead bugs. The only good thing about this place is the beach! They have two pools one unheated and one heated which looks like it has never been cleaned. I also noticed the caretaker pouring in bicarbonate of soda into the hot tub in lieu of proper chemicals and cleaning agents. This place was a disgrace! In over 40 years of travelling this is without a doubt the worst place I have ever stayed making camping look good. This is an RCI site and it should be removed from RCI since it is a dump.

Room Tip: Stay down the road at Compass Cove
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Flatwoods, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

I have been going to Riptide since I was 1 and I am now 30. My parents have 3 weeks here and we have went the same time every year so I have watched the same people grow up with me. This is an older place Iwill admit, but this place holds so much value that it hurts to see people downing this place. I wish these people would know how to talk to the people that work there cause they have always been nothing but helpful. They know my brothers and me by name or better yet we are Dennie Whitts kids. I just want everone to know that this place HAS been fixed up and u will nothing but a good time if u stay here, the games and places u go with your kids and the things the office gets for u to have a better vacatin in great! I highly recomend this place to anyone looking to have some good family fun without the hassel of it being to crowded,or to much money.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
high point nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Riptide 1 is an older motel turned timeshare in the 80's. It is RIGHT on the beach, and only a few blocks to Broadway at the Beach, as well as a short walk to the new downtown boardwalk. The staff is very attentive, and very friendly. We had two units. One was small and very dark, with no balcony or view of the beach, however we knew this before going. We had adequate room, brand new sleeper sofa, and bed. The bed however, was terribly hard and uncomfortable (a common complaint here for YEARS). We had a larger corner unit, also without a view or balcony, but much bigger and brighter. Accommodations were just fine! The pools are small, but they were very clean and well maintained while we were there. The beach is so close you can run back and forth for lunch, bathroom, etc. There are two gas grills for your use, pool towels for exchange daily, and room towels refreshed each day. Maid service is only once a week, but if you need them, they are there lickity split. I requested my room be vacuumed and they asked me every day if I wanted them to come back and do it.
Parking is across the street, which isn't bad, except in 100 degree heat..which unfortunately we experienced. Lets face it we all need to walk a little more anyhow!
We stay usually at Wyndham resorts in Myrtle Beach, and have owned at Riptide for years. I had not been in years, but can honestly say I really enjoyed the stay. Had 5 kids ages 11-17 with us. The 17 year old was less than impressed, but the others had a blast, and have asked to go back. They LOVED the proximity to the beach and boardwalk! I agree with those that say some people cannot be happy with anything. It is not a 5 star resort, so don't go there expecting one, and enjoy what the area has to offer!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

Save your money. The Riptide is the most disgusting place I have ever stayed in my life. The rooms are old, dirty, and outright unsanitary. Picture an old run down trailer park and imagine what it would look like in one of the trailers. With that in mind, now picture a room that is 10X worse. That is what you are going to get if you decide to stay here!

Trust me, you do NOT want to stay here, it is a completely low, I mean LOW class place.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Hertford, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

We stayed on the fourth floor of the Riptide II building overlooking Cameron Park. Our room was ocean view to the left and street view to the right. Our room was very clean and well appointed with a very unique floor plan. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Second and third floors may not have an ocean view because of the palm trees in the park. We enjoyed late afternoons on the balcony watching the beach and street activity! Internet was available in the room using the hotel next door's server. The Riptide server is located on the first floor in the lounge and generally not available in the rooms. Our jetted tub was the largest we have ever seen! The resort is located within walking distance to several great restaurants and liquor store.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Marysville,Oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

check in and check out was easy. We had ocean front with balcony. the balcony was a very nice size. Our room was a 1 bedroom. the bed was very hard and uncomfortable. Had full kitchen and 1 bathroom. the cleaness was just ok. the vents had dust hanging from them. had to call maintenance for backed up drains, they were there within a half hour or less. Parking was the bigest problem, most had to park across the street up half block to the garage of another hotel. They have 2 nice pools and 1 hot tub. There are many places that are walking distance, by that it is 1 block or less. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I also want to add I almost didn't go to this place because of other reviews. I am gald to have went to the Riptide.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Riptide Beach Club? Share your experiences!