“Very nice and awesome family stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Horn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sea Horn Motel
2805 S Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #109 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Anderson,South Carolina
“Very nice and awesome family stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We found this gem a couple years back when another hotel fell through. I have to say this has a awesome location and a great price. They are very easy to work with and they work hard to keep the rooms clean.

I walk in and smell clorox and clean I know I am in the right place. It may look a bit dated and rough around the edges but they are clean and very friendly staff.

These types of family owned and ran hotels are a dying breed. I have been to newer hotels that were nasty!! The only 2 gripes was the last day the elevator had a urine smell and DHEC shut the pools down for a couple of hours due to high PH. Which was just a chemical imbalance not because pool was dirty it was clean all week.

But overall it was a pleasant stay and I did not report elevator smell I am sure they would of addressed it if I would of they are willing to please. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kingsport, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We found the Sea Horn after our reservation at another motel was unexpectedly cancelled. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel has an indoor and outdoor pool and hot tub that were well maintained. The building needs some painting an updates. We were always able to find parking on the same side of the street as the hotel. The location was good because you are away from the crowds on the far south end of the beach. The price was $20-$50 cheaper a night than other hotels. Chairs were available around the pool in in the lawn area in front of the hotel. A charcoal grill and picnic table was also available for use. Rooms were clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mount Airy, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The pluses of this motel are the pool area and beach access and that it is out of the busy, crowded area of Myrtle Beach. It's proximity to Myrtle Commons and the cost were the reasons for our booking this motel. The room we stayed in was clean although the carpet was stained. We had to have the door lock replaced and also the exhaust fan in the bathroom replaced during our stay, but the staff was very accommodating and made the repairs very quickly. As with many of the older motels on the beach, the humidity caused the tile in the bathroom to sweat and stay wet. The bathroom was so small and the exhaust fan was not efficient enough to remove the moisture and I never felt dry. I would suggest to the management that they upgrade their linens as the fitted sheets came loose from the mattress and the towels were very small and thin. If you are looking for the "old Myrtle Beach experience" you will not be disappointed here; however if you are a creature of comfort I suggest you pay a little more and look elsewhere.

Room Tip: We stayed in the older building - perhaps the newer building would be better.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Stay was great, we had two rooms side by side with family on the 2nd floor 212 & 214 Our housekeeper was Ashley, she was very friendly and my little ones loved her. Rooms were a bit outdated, only one pool overall it was pleasant.

• Stayed July 2013
Holly Hill, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have stayed at the Sea Horn twice and both times it was a very pleasant experience. It's a great little family run motel and all of the staff were very friendly. The rooms are not real fancy but the are very clean. They have an indoor pool (which is nice in the cooler months), outdoor pool and 2 spas and all of them were also very clean. I will definitely being staying with them again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I first stayed here at the Sea Horn in early spring last year and it was just a hotel we pulled into that was not full. This location turned into a place where me and my family will be staying a long as they will have us. The beach access was great. The children absolutely loved it. The rooms were very accomodating. I just recommend if anyone is looking for a family friendly place to stay this is it.

Room Tip: If there is a family of four or more traveling I recommend the two bedroom and they are usually ocea...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Ingalls, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have been visiting the Sea Horn for over 20 years, I have only had 5 of those years that I did not stay there as my vacation motel. The owners and their kids treat us like family and we have seen the many changes to to the buildings and pool area's that have happened, and we have endured the almost sale of the motel to private investors, We are thankful that the motel is still open and hope that we can enjoy many more years of vacation at this spot, Our son, who is 14 knows the building and area well, it has a Life Guard stand right in front of the building and is within walking distance to the pier and all the water sports toys, It also is next to a larger hotel that has a restraunt on the North end of the building that has a cheap but very good breakfast and the Pier has an ice cream shop, and then just on the other side of the pier is Damon's with oceanfront dining, There is ample parking, there is an overflow lot across the street, which is the best place to park if you dont drive everywhere, They have laundry and and vending area, The 2 pools each have deep ends and the 2 hot tubs are kept clean with nightly cleanings, There are lounge areas outside the pool area for those just looking to lay out and not take up chairs in the pool area. Also they have a couple of grills and picnic tables to use to cook out. Ocean front rooms are great, the biggest 2 bedroom suite can sleep a total of 10 if using the fold out sofa.. The Motel does not rent to party'ers, they prefer to be known as a family motel. They do not allow for pets, and they do not currently have a wifi, both of which I would like to see, but all in all, its a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Your going to the ocean for vacation, enjoy the ocean front view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sea Horn Motel? Share your experiences!