“No need to say more” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Horn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sea Horn Motel
Save Saved
You added Sea Horn Motel to your Saves list
2805 S Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #93 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“No need to say more”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Rude wants to start trouble beware checked in at 8:20 stayed an hour were asked to check out because our dog was in the van and were called a liar and charged $50 bacause they said the dog had been in the room and when confronted got in my face trying to fight. Said the $50 was to baum the room sister stayoing across the hall said it never happened. Rooms are nasty and in need of repair furniture was old and out dated. Military and pet unfriendly

• Stayed September 2012

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband, son and I spent 5 days at the Sea Horn after my sister-in-law recommended it to us. We stayed in a beachfront efficiency room on the 9th floor. We had a beautiful view of the ocean and had our morning coffee and cereal sitting on the balcony.
This is an older hotel with few frills but it was exceptionally clean. I had no problem walking around the unit without shoes and it seems like the bed spreads are washed after each person's stay as I saw bedspreads on the floor outside neighboring units twice during our stay while rooms were being cleaned. The frig., stove and drawers and cabinets were all clean and there were no old food odors. The cabinets were stocked with bowls,plates,cups and mugs. Utensils were also provided along with a plastic pitcher and a large serving spoon, knife and spatula.A coffee maker is also available in the unit.
The outdoor pool was very clean and well kept. The grounds around the pool and beach were cared for regularly. We had rain a few days and were happy to use the heated indoor pool and hot tub. I did note a few drips from the windows/roof above the indoor pool.
We are already planning our stay for next year.

Room Tip: I'm glad we spent the little extra for an oceanfront room instead of an oceanview room. Being u...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Laurinburg, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My first stay was a spur-of-the-moment two night weekend stay. There were no rooms available where I usually stay. I found The Sea Horn online and it had good reviews so I thought I'ld give them a call. I live two hours away, but the lady I spoke with assured me there would be rooms when I got there...to come on down. If you want a clean, quiet basic motel room that's reasonably priced, this is the place for you. My only complaint is that the elevator is VERY slow.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Advance, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I always stay at the Sea Horn Motel. It is clean and the staff are very friendly. It is very convenient to get to the beach from the motel. It is not a fancy resort, but it is very practical and comfortable, and the price is very reasonable. Amenities are not that great, but I only go to the beach for peace and quiet, and rest and relaxation...and at the Sea Horn that is exactly what you get. No parties, no alcohol, and a very respectful family atmosphere.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are nice, but the ocean view rooms have more room and the view is just as nice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The rooms are very spacious and have a fantastic view. I like the price and the seperate bedroom. While the motel lacks in amenities, it is good if you don't plan to spend much time in the room and more exploring the city.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Like most people say it is not huge resort. It's a mom and pop motel very warm and friendly my family and i love it!! Very reasonably priced this was our second visit and we will be back!!!

• Stayed July 2012
London, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My family, friends and I have been staying at this hotel for the past several years and the staff are very helpful and friendly. Walking distance to parasailing, bananaboat rides, waverunner rentals and a a good location for just enjoying the beach. We always have a great time!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean front eff.the higher the floor the better the view. Its at the south end of the beach...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sea Horn Motel? Share your experiences!