“Basic, clean, reasonably priced” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Horn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sea Horn Motel
You added Sea Horn Motel to your Saves list
2805 S Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #85 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Laurinburg, North Carolina
“Basic, clean, reasonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My first stay was a spur-of-the-moment two night weekend stay. There were no rooms available where I usually stay. I found The Sea Horn online and it had good reviews so I thought I'ld give them a call. I live two hours away, but the lady I spoke with assured me there would be rooms when I got there...to come on down. If you want a clean, quiet basic motel room that's reasonably priced, this is the place for you. My only complaint is that the elevator is VERY slow.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Advance, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I always stay at the Sea Horn Motel. It is clean and the staff are very friendly. It is very convenient to get to the beach from the motel. It is not a fancy resort, but it is very practical and comfortable, and the price is very reasonable. Amenities are not that great, but I only go to the beach for peace and quiet, and rest and relaxation...and at the Sea Horn that is exactly what you get. No parties, no alcohol, and a very respectful family atmosphere.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are nice, but the ocean view rooms have more room and the view is just as nice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The rooms are very spacious and have a fantastic view. I like the price and the seperate bedroom. While the motel lacks in amenities, it is good if you don't plan to spend much time in the room and more exploring the city.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Like most people say it is not huge resort. It's a mom and pop motel very warm and friendly my family and i love it!! Very reasonably priced this was our second visit and we will be back!!!

• Stayed July 2012
London, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My family, friends and I have been staying at this hotel for the past several years and the staff are very helpful and friendly. Walking distance to parasailing, bananaboat rides, waverunner rentals and a a good location for just enjoying the beach. We always have a great time!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean front eff.the higher the floor the better the view. Its at the south end of the beach...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Gastonia, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

This was our first time staying at the Sea Horn. We found it to be clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. The AC in our room was good and cold, even on the low setting. The staff there went out of their way to make us feel welcomed. In fact we were even offered(and accepted) an upgrade to a Ocean Front room. Thanks Missy for making our first time there memorable. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: Try to get a "large" 2 bedroom suite. They are nicer than the small 2 bedroom suite.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Beckley, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

A group and friends and I planned to stay at the Sea Horn from 07-20 to 07-25. I called and booked my rooms on 06-01-2012 with no issues. The rest of the group called the following day. They were told that they don't hold rooms for that long.So now I;'m wondering what's going on. so when I call, I explain to the the owner that I'm worried about my information. she asked me why I said well the woman was more then happy to take my information and book my room and your saying that is something you don't do. She then yells at me and tells me that it was her daughter that took my information and she doesn't steal. What a mess. If that was your daughter why are you two not on the same page. She then tells me she doesn't want me to say there and she will refund my my down payment of $100.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sea Horn Motel? Share your experiences!