“Nasty” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #106 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Greenville, South Carolina
“Nasty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2007

this hotel is the worst it is so nasty the rooms smell like smoke even in the non smoking rooms theres this old man that lives there we parked right outside the building to check in and he was out there looking at our car looking for their tag the elevator is small and very very slow the furniture is all beat up the pool is nasty DO NOT STAY HERE , we only stayed here 1 night and we payed $130 for it then we went over to the M Grande and stayed there for 6 nights for $99 a night. the woman that works in the front desk she smokes in the office

NASTY

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2007

We have been staying here most years we have been to the beach except
for a couple years we went with another party to their place,and when we went in Nov when they were closed for remodeling. It had been 7 yrs since we had been to Myrtle Beach due to Medical problems of ours or close relatives, and trips to other states. I found it to be just as nice this yr when we went the end of March as in the past if not better.

I read one review during a peak time and I'm sure they must watch to see that the main occupants have a place to park when the beaches are crowded and people try to slip in to park or stay in a room free etc. You have to stay in business as well as keep your renters satisfied. I don't care if they watch me as I have nothing to hide and they have always been friendly. I can't say anything bad against them or the motel. I've seen other people come in that have been coming for years from greetings I had heard. We will return.

• Liked — Room and ocean front
  • Disliked — Nothing I can think of
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Concord, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2007

My family chooses to stay here every year. We look forward to our yearly visit, as we are always treated like family. It does not offer some of the amenities as the others, however, it is an enjoyable & family oriented place. We also have several others that stay during the same time, & never any issues with Southern Breeze, staff and allothers involved..We look forward to our stay again this year.....Dan
Michigan

Stayed April 2006
West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2006

Just got back from the beach today. Had a great stay at the Southern Breeze Motel. The room was clean, maid service was great and not overly crowded. This is truely a family owned/run motel and their office closes early each evening. Upon returning from an evening of putt putt, we walked into our room and found our air conditioner had stopped running. The room stayed cool enough for the night and they replaced it pronto the next morning. There's not all those big ammenities that those big hotels have (lazy river, hot tub, game room, etc.), but it's a great family place for the money you spend. Hope this helps anyone looking for a reasonable place to stay at Myrtle Beach.

Stayed July 2006
Harrogate, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2006

If you like being watched this is the place to go. When I got reservations I told them there would be 7 people. Two days before I left home I called to confirm the reservations and was told I could only have 6 people in a room. The manager called back and okayed the 7 people when I told them I would find somewhere else to stay. Upon arrival we were given a list of rules. Number 1 was do not leave money or valuables in room. We had 3 cars and were given only 1 parking space. The other two cars had to park 1 block over in a sandlot. We saw many cars towed the week we were there. I think the old man who ownes it is in with the towing company. I was even called to tell me to come down and straighten my truck up because it wasn't perfectly even between the two white lines.There was a total of 17 rules. This was unreal for the worst looking motel in that area. Every time you come in the building the old man would stare at the bags you brought in. You were not allowed to stand at the railing by the pool at night. The man showed up and told them to "GET OUT". He crept around everywhere. If you made a phone call and it rang six times or more you were charged 1 minute whether the other party answered or not. We also had to buy our ice which cost 75 cents to fill up the broken little white bucket. A coffee maker was supplied in the room but coffee cost $1.00 a packet. The maid took an entire 2 minutes to clean the room but she was very nice. I would never go back there again. The walls also had stains all over them and I had bites on my arms and legs the morning after I woke up. The room was also smaller than it showed on the internet add. I definitely would not ever go back there again.

Been to Southern Breeze Motel? Share your experiences!