“Second Stay - Second Review” 5 of 5 stars

Southern Breeze Motel
1901 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #103 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Eubank, Kentucky
“Second Stay - Second Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

This is my second experience at Southern Breeze, I stayed six nights in 2013 and six nights this September (2014). I made reservations very early in the spring to secure two side rooms on 5th floor and upon arrival had no accommodation changes or surprises.

The views were excellent, the rooms were very clean, fresh towels, and a nice little kitchenette thats very handy. The staff was very accommodating to our needs and I was impressed that the owner of Southern Breeze actually drove me to and back from the airport.

Easy access to the beach, just a couple of blocks from a Redi Mart & a K&W Cafeteria, plus theres a Food Lion Grocery about 6 blocks away.

The Hotel is a little out dated but the affordability for rooms outweighs the decor. I love the NO PARTY - NO LOUD NOISE rule which they enforce making the place quite and peaceful.

The only negative I have is the TV package because some of the channels I watch at home are not included in their TV programming but I already knew this from last year and set my DVR at home so I would not miss my favorite programs.

I will continue to stay at Southern Breeze as long as the hotel is peaceful & affordable. In my book over looking the dated decor and the TV it gets 5 Stars

Room Tip: Higher up is always better.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Burlington, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2014

We had arrived late to Myrtle Beach after a very long drive and met up with our son who had also travelled a long distance. Our preferred hotel had no vacancies and we need a place for one night. The night manager was rude and indifferent if we stayed. The room was over-priced compared to our normal hotel choice and the quality was worse. Elevator was extremely slow - we used the stairs mostly. Parking is tight for the size of the place and no assistance from management on finding alternative parking (my son parked in a shopping plaza). We only stayed the night and we were gone in the morning but we would not return. Had my son showed some patience I am sure we could have found a more accommodating hotel - it was really management that was the biggest turn-off!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Davisville, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2014

first of all I booked 2 months in advance so I could get an upper floor ocean front room. they reserved us a room on 4th floor. when I got there was given a 1st floor room could not even see the ocean. when I asked they said it was there policy to give a room away to someone that books for a longer period of time. the room had mold on the shower a paper towel was stuck in the ceiling where something was leaking. dirt and someones comb behind the dresser. mold on boxspring. sliding door would stick had a broom handle to wedge in it to lock it. one of the keys would not work reported it to the front desk they would have maintenance check key and ceiling never did.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
raleigh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Yes, I got a week for a great price, but it was not very desirable. The cleaning ladies made it very hard to be comfortable. When you would walk past they would make comments at you and the letter in the room did not make you feel to safe 'do not leave valueables visible in room.' The very few times the room was cleaned it was just fixing the bed and replacing towels no actual cleaning or replacing sheets. The area was very iffy at nighttime. One night when we were there a drunk guest pulled the fire alarm around 12pm/1am and everyone crowded the hallways. Hotel worker turned it off and there was no explanation or apology. The ladies at the front desk were nice and helpful. The balconies were nice. The room overall seemed pretty clean, bathroom layout weird and pretty small but everything worked well. Right on the beach which was nice. Pool was VERY small and half the chairs to layout on were broken. Overall it was a place to stay for a week vacation and it could have been worse but there were compable hotels that looked a lot nicer with bigger actually useable pools for the same price.

• Stayed August 2014
Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The room was clean .. Nice staff .right on the beach . It's a little old . But it's cheap . The pool was clean .the beds are small . this place is good for family's .theres no reason to complain about this hotel . You can stay any where you want .. This is a nice location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Danville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Room was large and had a kitchen, staff is friendly, value was OK. Myrtle Beach is a long beach and this location (on the ocean) is a distance from the pier and boardwalk. We lost a day due to a hurricane, so actually spend more time in room than desired.

Room Tip: Elevator was small and slow, so a room on floors 1-2 would be best.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Found this motel on the beach. At first the lady said they only booked for 4 days at a time, but relented and gave us a room for $102.00. For the price it was ok but not great. She told us of a Cashbash buffet nearby that was priced at $12.99, We went and found the price to be $54.00 for the two of us (drank water). It wasn't worth that much, they had several different entrees empty.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Southern Breeze Motel? Share your experiences!