“Great for the Price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #103 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Pasadena
“Great for the Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My Brother has been going here for 16 straight years for a week during Bike Week and I have been going for the last 10 years, we usually get 2 -3 rooms and the family comes down and we have a great time. Love it there, the staff has been great to my family and Mary was the best. She looked after my mother when she came down and if she wondered off she would let us know. This is not the Hilton and for the price you can't expect that kind of service or rooms. It is clean, the staff is friendly and place is convenient. We have the family come down and we have a great time. We’ll be there again this year and look forward to seeing everyone again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Monroe, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

me and my friends have been staying at the southern breeze for 6 years and we love the staff which treats you like family . when we arrive Marry knows everyone by name and ask how are we doing and where have we been. it is the best rate in myrtle beach for a ocean front motel, can't to go back in feb. of this year. Thank you David and staff for having us each year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Eubank, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My 87 year old father and myself (son) had our first stay at Southern Breeze this past September 2013. I reserved 2 side rooms on the 4th floor for 7 nights and we were delighted with our rooms, a little dated but the perfect size, great ocean view, roomy balcony and very clean. I loved having a full sized refrigerator, a stove & oven, microwave, coffee maker and all the other things one needs in the kitchen. Plumbing worked great plenty of hot water for showers. The hotel is also family owned and they do not tolerate partying and excessive noise which allows for everyone to have a pleasant peaceful stay in their facility.

The beach in front of the hotel was easy to access and very beautiful with wide expanses of sand plus walking distance to a water park and Spring Maid Pier. The only faults I had with Southern Breeze...1. no ice machine, but the hotel across the street sold generous sized bags of ice for $3.00....plus Food Lion Grocery was 3 or 4 miles away...2. the TV package wasn't as good as mine at home but we were on vacation and did not watch a lot of TV. 3. the towels were kinda ruff but so are mine at home. To sum up the experience I give Southern Breeze 5 stars and plan on future stays with them as long as rates remain reasonable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Our family and I have been using this motel for a few years now and I can honestly say that they are sweet people and the service is wonderful as well. They always treat our family great while we are staying and we would recommend this establishment to anyone. If you are looking for a wonderful place to stay at a great price by all means check out Southern Breeze.

Room Tip: I would recommend an Ocean front room (Type A). Great View and the room is very big. Plus, Full Kitc...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
NewHorizonsTravel, Public Relations Manager at Southern Breeze Motel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the future!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Ok we made reservations despite the bad reviews. When we made the reservations the girl was extremely friendly she told us we had to book for a minimum of 4 days and that should we need to change our dates or need a refund all I had to do was call back. Due to unforeseen circumstances we had to cut our trip short so after 3 days of trying to call the hotel and no answer we called the reservation number. Due to do unforeseen circumstances we needed to change our reservations. The clerk informed me that we were unable to change our dates and we still have to book for the minimum of 4 days and should we try to cancel we would lose our deposit which was half of charges. at this time I was informed that you have to make your cancellations or changes a minimum of two weeks prior to your stay which in our case we did not even make the reservations two weeks prior to our vacation time. I asked for a manager and was told (@ 2pm) he was gone for the day, at this time I am still waiting for the manager to give me a call back, which it appears they have made no attempt to call me back and I do not know what is going on other than the fact that they are going to keep my deposit and we will never ever in our entire lives stay at this establishment. They are rude and now I see why they have such bad reviews...very Unprofessional...I am praying that our first ever trip to myrtle beach be much better than our experience so far. Very frustrated...

Stayed July 2013
NewHorizonsTravel, Public Relations Manager at Southern Breeze Motel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Cancellation policies are explained in full at the time of booking. We are sorry you had to cut your trip short. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Kings Mtn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Me and my husband went down from 7-19 -13 thur 7-21-13 and had a ocean front room with a balcony . I was really surprized about the room layout it had 3 full beds , fridge , stove , sink and the dishes you needed to cook with and also a door that closed off one of the rooms that had 1 bed in it . For the price of the room it was really worth it having all the extra's ! Will we go back there YES we will :) Thanks Southern Breeze for a wonderful vacation :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you enjoyed your trip to Myrtle Beach and your stay with us! Please call if we can be of service in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Ok... to begin with it was the Saturday after the fourth of July...However, they had a room which was no frills...no shampoo, the smallest bath towels, deck door that didn't lock..yikes...old fashion keys with room number on it....no ice machines except behind the desk which closes at 11:00pm....so be fore warned if your looking for the Bates Motel...this is still not the place...

• Stayed July 2013
NewHorizonsTravel, Public Relations Manager at Southern Breeze Motel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Southern Breeze is a seasonal, family owned & operated motel, and as such we do not provide all the amenities of some of the larger, much more expensive chain/franchise hotels. Potential guests are informed of amenities and allowed to view a room, should they ask. We wish you had brought your concerns to our attention during your stay, so that we could have addressed them at that time.

Been to Southern Breeze Motel? Share your experiences!