“Clean Room/ A close view of the Ocean/ Steps from the Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Southern Breeze Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1901 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #108 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Roanoke, VA
“Clean Room/ A close view of the Ocean/ Steps from the Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband Tim and I stayed here last week from Roanoke VA. It is a nice budget hotel. We are going to stay again August 14 for 10 days. I am on a budget and rather spend my money going places i.e. hair, nails, massage, shopping, eating etc ...and I can overlook anything but the View of the Beach and being able to hear it at night while I sleep. The Towels and Sheets were clean. The rooms were pretty big and clean but a little dusty. If I had asked for someone to correct it the management would have sent someone to assist. The Beds were very comfy too - firm but not hard. I wonder if I can bring a flat screen TV with me next time? Can someone let me know? The maintenance man was very good at attending to the pool. Some other hotels up and down the beach were pretty Loud and I was really happy I was here. Missed having a hot tub but Yes I will stay again. PS I did not see any little critters and I looked very hard...lol
Tim and Tennie

Room Tip: 203 was great.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sevierville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I've seen reviews of people who have stayed here many years and love it. Perhaps this place has gon drastically down hill. This was our first stay and our last. The lady at the front desk and our house keeper were very friendly. That was the only positive. The room was shabby and my husband complained of the smell. I am not afraid of older motels IF they are clean. We found a dead roach in the tub. When my husband took it down to the front desk the first thing the guy said was "it's not a roach." Before we even said anything about roaches. Of course it WAS a roach. He didn't even apologize. Pest control came out and sprayed that day. We later killed another roach on our balcony. On our last night we killed a third roach on our night stand. If we knew the price included pets we would have brought our dogs.

• Stayed June 2012
Wharton, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I have stayed hear 3 or 4 times and I would recomend it. I enoyed my stay and I'm and coming back there this JULY and staying 1 week I can't wait!!!. The view of the ocean is just breath taking. I bringing my Fiance this time and she has never been to the beach she is going to love it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I have stayed at the Southern Breeze 3 times, and each time I loved it!! The staff are great, they make you feel quite at home!! My husband's family has been staying there for many many years, so they must be doing something right!! My kids always have a great time when we go, and the view of the ocean and the sunrises are amazing! I have to say, I will be back, and I hope for many many years too!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Duncannon, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

My wife and i have been staying here for 24years, look forword to every Oct.We meat the same group of friends every year at this time, David and stapf are always pleasant and ready to help, hello Mary .see yall in 2012 Mel&Barb.

Room Tip: corner rooms
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Gretna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Our family of four stayed here for our annual summer vacation from Aug. 5th to Aug. 14th. We have stayed here a few times in the past and have had good experiences. We had our wedding this year in North Myrtle on Aug. 6th, and spent the rest of the week at the Southern Breeze with the kids. The motel is older, but they do a very good job of keeping it tidy. My wife's parents wanted to spend one more day at Myrtle after our wedding, we offered our extra bed in the ocean front room, and informed the front desk, she told us where they could park, no problem. Any problems I experienced during our stay were quickly taken care of. A television remote that wouldn't work properly, just a short trip to the front desk and they gave me another to use, no problem. When we had a clogged toilet, it was just a few minutes later that someone came up, no problem. I watched them clean the pool every morning. The maid always asked if there was anything we needed when we seen her in the hallway. We had a wonderful stay and honestly hated to leave! We will be back next summer, and are already making plans to stay at the southern breeze for 2 weeks instead of our usual one week stay! Without smaller family owned and budget friendly motels like this one, that long of a stay would not be possible for us. The only amenity I could recommend adding is wi-fi. Thank you Southern Breeze and we will see you next summer!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
SouthernBreezeMotel, Front Desk at Southern Breeze Motel, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Thank you for staying with us again this year!

We are always looking forward to having guest that understand that with low rates comes an older property. We have always felt we give guest a nice clean place to stay at very competitive rates.

As you have seen we have done many renovations over the past few years and we are hoping that WI-FI will be available in the upcoming year. We realize more people are requesting that option and we are looking into it.

We look forward to seeing you again next year and thank you for staying at the Southern Breeze Motel!
Leicester, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

When we first arrived we noticed that our sheets had not been changed and we immediately called downstairs and the Manager came up and changed them on all three beds. He was very nice and explained that they were just stains but changed the linens to make us feel better. The hotel was very quite it was like we were the only ones there even though there were no vacancy. It was defiantely a family orientated hotel. Yes it does need handy work done and updated (appliances, furniture, etc.) but for the price it was a great place to stay with a great ocean front view. The staff was friendly and helpful. We would definately stay again.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for ocean front
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
SouthernBreezeMotel, Front Office Manager at Southern Breeze Motel, responded to this review, July 16, 2011
Thank for you the kind review. We get all of our sheets delivered from an outside supplier and we changed them every time someone checks out and put new sheets on the beds for new guest arriving.

The sheets delivered where probably not washed properly from the supplier and the housekeeper may have just overlooked it when putting it on the bed. We always try to replace anything that is out of order to make everyone's stay as pleasant as possible.

We look forward to seeing you again and we are glad you enjoyed your stay!

Been to Southern Breeze Motel? Share your experiences!