Marina Inn at Grande Dunes is a great hotel. I stayed there with my family in August 2009 for a week and very much enjoyed our stay.
The hotel is very pretty and has all the amenities you would want in a resort hotel. The staff was very friendly, attentive and helpful. We had a two bedroom, two bathroom suite which had a kitchen and a very nice size 'family room' with a TV, couch, chairs and dinning table. The bathrooms and kitchens had granite counters. The furniture looked new and the beds and couches were very comfortable. For a family of 4 (including a teenager) we had plenty of room.
The hotel is 3-4 minute drive from the beach. The hotel offers a free shuttle to take you to and from the beach. This was very convenient for us. At the beach, they provide free beach chairs, umbrellas and towels. They also have a 'lodge' at the beach where you can order food/drinks, changing rooms and bathrooms. Their facility is located next to the Marriott OceanWatch hotel. The hotel location is an easy 8-10 min drive north of "Broadway at the Beach" and about the same distance south of the Tanger Outlet Mall. Very convenient.
We ate at the hotel for several meals, and all of the meals were very good whether it was Waterscapes for breakfast, poolside dinning for lunch or the Anchor Cafe for lunch. We also LOVED Ruth Chris Steakhouse which is on their property.
The pool area is very pretty and my kids really enjoyed playing in their pool. At the same time, the pool area is not so overcrowded and wild that you could not sit out and read a book quietly. The hotel overlooks the marina and is very very pretty. The hotel employs an activities director for kids and my kids enjoyed the activities they did participate in. The hotel also had free wireless internet, and free valet parking which were appreciated.
The price we paid for our stay was probably the best part. We paid 30% less at Marina Inn than we would have paid to sublet a timeshare at Marriott OceanWatch (and 75% less than what we would have paid to rent directly from Marriott).
When you consider the upscale/luxury nature of the hotel, its good location, its great staff, its spacious suites, and the price, there is no doubt that the Marina Inn is the perfect spot to stay. We enjoyed it and want to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located to top area attractions; AAA 4 diamond rated since 2007 and a 2011 TripAdvisor Top 25 Hotel in the US. Amenities include private access beach with full amenities; pools, whirlpools, sauna, workout facility, two golf courses and tennis onsite & summer children's activities. Additional amenities include: Wi-Fi, valet parking, concierge and in-room spa services. Dining options range from casual to elegant and include our signature restaurant WaterScapes and Ruths Chris also located onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Marina Inn at Grande Dunes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Inn At Grande Dunes Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel At Grande Dunes