“Marina Inn Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 215 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Columbia, South Carolina
“Marina Inn Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I booked a 2 night lodging at the Marina Inn for a short holiday with my wife and children. I knew the price for a hotel off of the main strand was expensive but wanted to stay somewhere nice. I was not disappointed and my family really enjoyed the property. On arrival we were made to feel welcome by the valet staff and that continued until our departure. The room was very comfortable, the pools were well kept and the on-site restaurant was very good. Although not connected to the property, the semi-private beach was a short drive with shuttle service available. The Inn is close to several attractions and shopping to keep the wife and daughter happy.

I was very please with my entire stay and thank all the staff as they were all professional and welcoming to my family. When I compared the cost of this hotel with the cost of the hotels on the strand there was very little difference. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it for families that are looking for a place to stay as the clientele were much more pleasant to be around than several other places I have stayed in Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DavidinMB, General Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear BenjaminH: I want to thank you for taking the time to summarize your recent stay with us! I am also glad you enjoyed your visit. Your itemized summary is very thorough and complete… I will share your comments with my team. We genuinely care about our guests and your positive review is gratifying and not taken for granted…thank you.
Sincerely, David Nelson, GM

925 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel is located on the intracoastal waterway and it is about a 5-10 shuttle ride to a nearby beach.
We learned that only one tower of this complex operates as a hotel...the rest of the complex is privately owned with some being time-shared.
Features we liked:
-spacious rooms with pleasant views of the intercoastal or pool area
-attentive housekeeping and shuttle service continuous to the beach
-pristine beach with lounge chairs, umbrellas, and towels ( even though it is public beach, public access is quite a distance away so you really have sparse crowds).
-reliable internet
-convenience of a supermarket (Lowes) access the highway from hotel

We disliked:
-the pool- it is very crowded with extended families and quite noisy (head for the beach)
-room furniture is showing some age and sofa in our suite was very uncomfortable
-no availability of water at the beach (bottled water for sale for $3.
-timeshares pitch in the lobby
-overpriced restaurant with mediocre food

AAA four diamonds- maybe at one time but I doubt this would be the case with a revisit

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Road Warrior: Thank you for taking the time to write such a complete review of your recent stay. Thank you also for your great comments regarding our attentive housekeeping staff, continuous shuttle to the beach, consistent internet and other items. By the way, we are a multi-use facility with both luxurious over-sized guest rooms and two, three and four bedroom upscale condos that are privately owned. We have no time share at the Marina Inn.
I am sorry our pool was noisy for you. Most of the time the atmosphere is relaxing and perfect for a vacation. I am also sorry for what appeared to be a timeshare pitch…actually it is a vacation club…
We try to keep the prices reasonable in our award winning Waterscapes restaurant, but there are also other choices such as Reflections Lounge which serves casual fare as well as the full restaurant menu; Ruths Chris is right next door and so is Anchor Café, located in the Marina…a favorite for locals.
Thanks again for taking the time to give us your feedback. It is sincerely appreciated. We hope to have you back with us soon! All the best, David Nelson, GM
Boca Raton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights this month. The two-bedroom suite layout was excellent for us, traveling with a baby and two teenagers. The suite had a full kitchen, living room, and two bathrooms. This worked out very well for us.

Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MIExec, Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
EdC808a,
We appreciate you taking time to review your recent stay and for recommending the Marina Inn to other travelers through the Trip Advisor. Our two bedroom suite layout is spacious and I’m glad to hear that there was plenty of room for your family to relax and enjoy your stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us and we look forward to seeing you and your family when you return to the area.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great place to stay!! Perfect for a couple with children as you have your own space and joint space! The waterway view is is beautiful!!! Don't shy away because it is not on the beach. The room appointment is nicer than any oceanfront place I have ever stayed. THe beds are the most comfortable!! Slept better than I do at home! The private beach is wonderful! Always a chair and umbrella available no big crowds, lifeguards! The fitness room was a bit small.

Room Tip: the two bedroom suite was perfect for a family of 4

Dear Becky c,
I’m so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us that you consider our Resort a “great place to stay”. It’s so nice to hear that you enjoyed your room, the view, and were able to sleep comfortably and relax during your visit. Thank you for recommending the Marina Inn to others and we look forward to seeing you and your family again next year if not sooner.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I will return year after year. What a time we had at Marina Inn which left us counting down the days til we could go back. The place was immaculate and clean. The pool was relaxing and they treated us like royalty. The private part of the beach had towel, umbrella and beach chair service for no extra charge its included in your stay.

• Stayed June 2013
MIExec, Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear jmcgriff,
Thank you for sharing such a positive travel experience with us and the Trip Advisor community. It is always nice to hear such positive feedback and to have the opportunity to share it with our team. Everyone works hard to insure that the property is always presentable and clean and that our guests are taken care of. I’m glad it was reflected in your stay. We are excited about you and your wife returning again next year and look forward to serving you for many years to come.
Greenville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have traveled extensively all over the US and in Europe, so I know when the "little things" really make the difference. The pull out desk, the bathrobes in the closet, the glass shower with the rain forrest head, the table near the night stand, the ample outlets for recharging things, the swival flat screen TV, and the veranda for drying workout clothes.

I also like the workout room with real quality equipment, and a dinning room the caters to all taste.

My plan is to bring my wife to be here in the fall.

Thank you for everything.

Room Tip: You really don't need to bring much except the essentials. Everything else is provided.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Tom B,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent business trip to Myrtle Beach. I’m glad that you enjoyed all the extra amenities and special touches that our Resort has to offer our guests. Even though you were here to work, I was pleased to hear that you had a little down time and were able to enjoy our fitness room and restaurant. I hope that your wife will also appreciate the “little things” and we look forward to seeing you both in the fall.
Chesterton, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Loved everything about the resort. Rooms were clean and beds very comfortable. Recommend the view looking out at marina and golf course. Great service, great restaurants on the property. Nice pool area with snack bar. 5 star resort.

• Stayed June 2013
Good morning 79JohnN. Thank you for taking time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. I am excited to hear that you “loved everything about the Resort” and that your accommodations and view met your expectations. We strive to deliver that 4 diamond service that we are known for and I am glad that you were able to experience this during your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again next year.
Eleanor

Been to Marina Inn at Grande Dunes? Share your experiences!