“The perfect place 5 yrs. in a row.” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 30%!
Ranked #2 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“The perfect place 5 yrs. in a row.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was the 5th consecutive year I have stayed at The Marina Inn at Grand Dunes. That alone should speak volumes, considering the vast number of hotels available in the Myrtle each area. The building and grounds are always impeccably maintained. The rooms and suites are spacious and beautiful. All have a water and golf course view. The staff is always willing to go the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable, relaxed, and the vacation you have earned. I will continue to stay at the Marina Inn every time I visit Myrtle Beach. They have spoiled me for good, and I'm sure anywhere else would only be a disappointment.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
DavidinMB, General Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear James,
Thank you for taking the time to send in the review of your last say and thank you for staying with us over the last 5 years!! Your positive comments regarding our landscaping, our spacious suites with beautiful views and most importantly, our wonderful staff is sincerely appreciated. The entire team at The Marina Inn genuinely cares and I am so glad it shows. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you back soon! All the best, David Nelson, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

My second trip there in 2 years. Rooms are large, beds comfortable, service excellent. Pool and hot tub area great. Food excellent. Love the bar on the intercoastal. Would recommend for family of any size. Have access to beautiful beach with shuttle service.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear jdegrazia: Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your recent golf trip and thanks for your great feedback. Your comments regarding our comfortable beds, room size, pool & hot tub are sincerely appreciated. Thank you mostly for your comments regarding our service!!! We have a great team here and all genuinely care that our guests have a wonderful experience with us. Thanks again and we look forward to having you back with us soon! Sincerely, David Nelson, GM
ramsey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Recently returned from a 4 day stay with friends. This place is terrific. Perfect location for golfers especially when playing the North Myrtle area. The condo rooms are spacious and well equipped.
Full kitchen, balcony overlooking the Inland waterway. Pool area is superb, 2 giant hot tubs, plenty of room and towels poolside. Upscale comortable lobby.
Also an indoor pool and fitness center.
Directly across the street is an expansive supermarket and some family friendly restaurants.
Complimentary morning coffee in lobby is a great touch.
My wife and I will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jim W: Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay with us. Your comments regarding our location, condition and size of our suites, pool, hot tubs and warm lobby are all appreciated. I am glad you and your wife had a memorable stay and on behalf of the entire team here at The Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, we hope to have you back again with us soon! Thanks again, David Nelson, GM
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

From the moment we arrived we were very impressed. Hotel is well kept in terms of outside appearance. Lobby for check in was nice and staff was courteous to show us what the hotel had to offer. Being from out of town it was nice to be in an area that had nearby attractions and still have accessibility to beach by the shuttle. The room we stayed in was the medditer. suite, which for two people is really all you need, that was great and we did have to call down to the desk one time after 4pm which is their end time of cleaning but no other issues with the room and they were on top of cleaning the rest of our stay. Had a nice view of the marina and golf course from there which was nice waking up to. Jet ski rental was right outside our door, which was a lot of fun.

There are just a couple of things my wife and I took note of. The indoor pool was disgusting, and this was due to the fact that it was right next to the workout facility. What this is, is really not a pool but a sweat and feet shop, no jacuzzi! indoor. Come on guys, you could do better than that. So that was a little dissapointing. The outdoor pool was amazing, exactly like how their pictures make it out. The bars both outdoor and indoor extremely expensive, 10 dollars for mixed drinks. Make sure if you are traveling you are aware that SC state law is liquor store closes at 7 and definitely closed on sunday. Another issue we ran into was little kids between 10 - 15 that were jumping on top of each other and making it hard for other families to bring their younger children into the pool. I believe they were baseball camp kids. No lifeguard needs to be on duty but there needs to be a sign explaining some courtesy about certain do's and donts, to the parents (who did not do anything to calm the situation). In addition they made the pool disgusting because they were throwing around a football that was peeling off into the pool. Eventually my wife and I had to leave because of all the yelling by several of the boys there became unbearable and no longer relaxing. Shame on the parents who were there as well and said nothing to their kids about being courteous. We even saw a couple of babies and younger kids crying because they couldnt get into the pool. I would definitely not want to bring my family here for future stay based on what we encountered. Great for adults though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Daniel M: Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of your recent stay with us. Your comments are very thorough and welcomed. Thanks for your positive input regarding our lobby and staff, accessibility to our beach, and closeness to activities in the area. I’m also glad you enjoyed our beautiful views…there is nothing better than waking up to views of the marina and golf course!
Thank you for pointing out your issues with the indoor pool and fitness center. I was just in there and insured, even with a few people working out this morning, that there was plenty of air movement to keep the area fresh. You are absolutely correct about our outdoor pool as well…it really is beautiful, thanks. Drinks in all of our outlets are pretty average in price and should be about the price you would pay in a local restaurant or lounge…based on what is being ordered.
I am sorry your pool time was not as relaxing as you would have liked. Actually, most of the time our pool is fairly quite as you would expect at an upscale facility such as ours. Families with children are our primary guests in the summertime and that is why we have two full time, 7-days a week, activities coordinators on staff…based at the outdoor pool.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and we look forward to having you back for your 2nd Anniversary, if not sooner!!!
All the best, David Nelson, GM
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I came here for our honeymoon in mid-September 2012. It was quiet and relaxing. They offer a valet, and free shuttle to the beach, which is nice. The hotel room was clean and HUGE. Our room had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, a living room, and a patio overlooking the beautiful waterway. The staff was friendly, especially the guys working the valet. We had a good conversation about Orioles baseball with one of them. I would love to return to Myrtle Beach and stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DavidinMB, General Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Jennifer: Thank you for taking the time to write your review and thank you for staying with us over your honeymoon…we love to be a part of your memories! Your comments regarding our beach access and free shuttle, cleanliness of your suite and the spaciousness is sincerely appreciated. You should see the waterway today….it is absolutely beautiful! Thanks again for taking the time to give us your feedback…it means a lot to us. By the way, good luck to TJ McFarland who gets his first MLB start tonight against the Yankees. I hope you are going.
All the best, David Nelson, GM
Oakmont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My experience of my stay at the Marina Inn was top shelf. Our group of about 30 people came for a 5 day golf trip and I can say that I was very pleased with the staff , facilities and value . The entire staff was professional , pleasant and responsive . The front door greeters , registration staff, the housekeeping service, waiters, bartenders , golf personnel and others were all extremely helpful and attentive.
One example of the high level of customer service would be, when a group of us arrived at the outdoor restaurant we were informed that that dining had been closed for the evening . However , the staff checked to see if they could handle our request and informed us that they could which was very much appreciated .
The facilities were in great shape the rooms were clean ,updated and comfortable.
I would return the Marina Inn in the future

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Dennis: Thank you for taking the time to write the review of your recent stay with us. Besides your great comments, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us for your golf trip. Your positive comments regarding the front door greeters, registration staff, housekeeping staff, bartenders and wait staff are not taken lightly and are sincerely appreciated. Bill, our golf director, genuinely cares that each group has an enjoyable experience…he is excellent at what he does and we are lucky to have him. I am especially appreciative of your golf comments with one of the best golf courses in the country in your back yard! Thanks again. Sincerely, David Nelson, GM
Irmo, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is a Beautiful property but this hotel is not on the ocean. I stayed in Harbor Tower Room 6213 which was back in the corner and had a good view of the pool and was quiet. The Swimming pool was heated and the outdoor Jacuzzi was nice. It was wonderful to be able to use the robes provided in the rooms to wear down to the Jacuzzi during the month of March. The room service attendant was excellent. Maid service was lacking. Used glasses were not changed out. Ice bucket was not cleaned out after use and ice bag not replaced. Trash can under desk was not emptied for 2 days and even when I complained was still not emptied. The bath mat, hand towels and face cloths were not replenished. I had to always call down to Concierge to request and mention these necessary items. Laundry bag fell on the floor while hanging cloths so the maid took it and never was replaced during stay. I ordered breakfast with the special door hanger card and the maid did not provide me with a new one. Upon check out the computer system was down therefore I was unable to be given a hard copy bill. I was told they would email me one but never received it.

Room Tip: Choose a room if you want to view the pool and Hwy 17 Bypass. I think you can also choose a room to...