“Very Disappointing” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sailfish Resort on the Ocean

Sailfish Resort on the Ocean
We can't find prices for this hotel
Sailfish Resort on the Ocean
You added Sailfish Resort on the Ocean to your Saves list
2103 N Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #116 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
USA
“Very Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2007

We booked this hotel online. We had never been to Myrtle, but judging by the price ($179 per night) we thought we would be ok. I was shocked when we arrived. I kept thinking the outside was bad, but maybe the rooms were ok, boy was I wrong The rooms were dirty and dated. The carpet in the rooms was just gross. Ours had a big imprint of an iron in it. I made my son wear socks or flip flops when we were in the room. The pool was cloudy, several of the plastic chairs around the pool were broken, there was a planter at the pool that guests used as a trashcan, it was over flowing with garbage. My biggest concern of all was the unsafe railings on the balcony, in my opinion, they are too far apart for children. Another guest at the pool told me you could get "chicken wire" put up on your railing upon request.......ARE YOU KIDDING???? Just fix the railings!! I did see a couple of balconies with orange plastic mesh. It did not matter for us because the chairs on our balcony had broken straps and could not be used. I should have taken the time to complain and demand a refund, but we were tired from the trip and my son was excited to get to the beach. Also, there were no vacancies in the area...we looked. We dealt with it for 2 nights by staying out of the room as much as possible. I know nasty hotels exist, but my issue was that I was paying the same thing per night as folks staying at a really nice hotel 3 doors down. If the Sailfish refuses to put any money into their hotel, they could at least price it accordingly. It is a shame because they have a beautiful location and great views. I think it is a big stretch to use the word "Resort" in the name of their hotel. Last, the photo we saw online when we booked was of the Sailfish Condo, which is much different from the hotel and very misleading. It is much nicer. We learned you must request the condo or you get the hotel.

• Stayed August 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Brianscondosuites, Independent Management Company at Sailfish Resort on the Ocean, responded to this review, September 26, 2007
All properties that we manage are carefully overseen by private Maintenance, and Housekeeping Services. No place is ever perfect but we at least make the effort to fix what is broken. Our Staff is courteous & helpful to all of our potential & present Tennants.

The building grounds have been sometimes sorely neglected in the past BUT since August 2007 I must say that there has been a vast improvement in the cleanliness of the building common areas.

There are no Condos on our rental program that has not been updated or in need of serious conditioning.

Thanks for the opportunity to respond
brianscondosuites.com

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2007

We stayed at the Sailfish July 20-26th, 2007. The location is right on the beach so that is a definite plus. The resort needs a lot of updating & overall cleaning. The housekeeping staff brought towels each day and emptied the garbage. They did not make beds, vacuum, clean the bathroom etc. The room had two beds, a livingroom area and a kitchen which was really nice to have the extra space. If the room would have had clean carpet & an overall paint job it would have been great!

• Liked — It was right on the beach
  • Disliked — The condition of the rooms, buildings & grounds
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Charlotte
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2007

We had booked our stay online. We arrived to a nasty run down hotel. One of the family members layed down on the bed and the headboard fell off the wall and hit his head. The "window unit" was hooked up with a dropcord and had a funnel under it with PVC pipes hooked to it so the water from the AC would drain down the side of the hotel. The microwave had rust all inside it. The bathroom had "Personal" hairs all over the sink and countertop. The shower had gunk coming out of the drian. the whole hotel smelled like it had been on fire! We demanded our money back which was a huge fight!!!! They were very rude and finally after an hour of fighting and finally threating to bring the police in we got all the money back! Do not stay at this hotel!

• Liked — Nothing It was Terrible!
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brianscondosuites, Independent Property Manager at Sailfish Resort on the Ocean, responded to this review, September 26, 2007
My company represents 4 Owners of condos in this building. I can honestly say that the Grounds have been in need of serious care up to the month of Aug. 2007. A new Management company took over & that problem has become solved. Just to let people know that the On-Site Maintenance has been much better than the previous company.

The Condos that my company Manages in this building has encouraged its owners to Upgrade & Re-model as needed. We do not rent condos that have unattended problems of any sorts. All Rental Units are privately owned & the philosopy of some owners has been to just do what it takes to get by. This is NOT the policy of my company. My Condo rentals are in clean, & good operating condition. When problems arise they are attended to as soon as possible.

Sincerely

Been to Sailfish Resort on the Ocean? Share your experiences!