“Great Trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sailfish Resort on the Ocean

Sailfish Resort on the Ocean
We can't find prices for this hotel
Sailfish Resort on the Ocean
You added Sailfish Resort on the Ocean to your Saves list
2103 N Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #115 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charlotte
“Great Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2009

Spring break myself, a friend and our teenage sons stayed at The Breakers Sailfish building. This building has recently been renovated and it is great! Nice view of the ocean. Wonderful location for the teenagers to find things to do. They now have flat screen TV's, granite counter tops, warm colors, new everything. The staff was very friendly, helpful always available. We found this to be a pleasant visit and highly recommend for a nice get away or family vacation. Love the location since it is so close to good places to eat, shop, movies and more! Red Parrot was a great place to have a coctail, meet fellow vacationers.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

We just got back from our short weekend trip to Myrtle Beach. We were there October 4-5, 2008. The room was a little dated and not immaculately clean, but overall it was a nice place. The oceanfront balcony was great as we had a beautiful view of the ocean and the coastline. It was really close to Broadway at the Beach (less than a mile). We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite and it was perfect for us because as my husband and I slept in one room, the kids (who wake up super early) went into the living room and watched TV until we woke up. We also had a full kitchen which is a plus with kids. There is an indoor and outdoor pool. Although I was told that the outdoor pool was heated, it didn't feel heated, so we use the indoor one which was heated. The hot tub was good but it was a little dirty.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone with kids since you can use any of the resorts pool. There is a lazy river and a pirate ship water park 2 buildings over...not too far and it's part of the resort. Overall, the room and the hotel was nice and I would stay there again.

• Liked — View and location
  • Disliked — Dated rooms...need upgrading.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2008

Great location and close to all there is to do in Myrtle Beach. All rooms are Ocean side and this is great. This is my second stay in the last year and the place has improved 100%. I understand that they have new management and looks like they are paying attention to details for the guests. You can use the pools, etc at the Breakers and that adds a lot of value.

Stayed March 2008
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

We were at Sailfish for 4 nights. Just loved it! Had a room on 7th floor, oceanfront. Great views, nice landscaping, etc. Has an indoor pool and an outdoor pool. Great location. Will definitely return!

• Liked — Location, convenience
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2008

This property is now part of the Breakers Myrtle Beach. Great check in; very large unit for the money, and the view is unmatched. You have access to all the Breakers property's amenities next door without the hustle and bustle. Full kitchen was great for making breakfast and lunch. We ate out most nights since you can walk to almost any type of cuisine you want. Great choice for our family for an affordable vacation that provides more togetherness than we've had in a long time. One bad thing was the wireless internet wasn't working while we were there but they said they would have it up soon.

Brad Rhodes

• Liked — Location and View
  • Disliked — Internet was down
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Hanover, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2007

My wife and two daughters stayed in Brian's penthouse unit and it was awesome. Very nicely layed out with all the amenities you would want. Price was great and the unit was as nice as any we have stayed in at Myrtle Beach. Don't hesitate to book here but I would book through Brian. He makes sure his units are taken care of!! Email me at patlippy@hotmail.com if you have any further questions. You will not be sorry if you book here.

• Liked — Penthouse view!!
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2007

We booked this hotel online. We had never been to Myrtle, but judging by the price ($179 per night) we thought we would be ok. I was shocked when we arrived. I kept thinking the outside was bad, but maybe the rooms were ok, boy was I wrong The rooms were dirty and dated. The carpet in the rooms was just gross. Ours had a big imprint of an iron in it. I made my son wear socks or flip flops when we were in the room. The pool was cloudy, several of the plastic chairs around the pool were broken, there was a planter at the pool that guests used as a trashcan, it was over flowing with garbage. My biggest concern of all was the unsafe railings on the balcony, in my opinion, they are too far apart for children. Another guest at the pool told me you could get "chicken wire" put up on your railing upon request.......ARE YOU KIDDING???? Just fix the railings!! I did see a couple of balconies with orange plastic mesh. It did not matter for us because the chairs on our balcony had broken straps and could not be used. I should have taken the time to complain and demand a refund, but we were tired from the trip and my son was excited to get to the beach. Also, there were no vacancies in the area...we looked. We dealt with it for 2 nights by staying out of the room as much as possible. I know nasty hotels exist, but my issue was that I was paying the same thing per night as folks staying at a really nice hotel 3 doors down. If the Sailfish refuses to put any money into their hotel, they could at least price it accordingly. It is a shame because they have a beautiful location and great views. I think it is a big stretch to use the word "Resort" in the name of their hotel. Last, the photo we saw online when we booked was of the Sailfish Condo, which is much different from the hotel and very misleading. It is much nicer. We learned you must request the condo or you get the hotel.

• Stayed August 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Brianscondosuites, Independent Management Company at Sailfish Resort on the Ocean, responded to this review, September 26, 2007
All properties that we manage are carefully overseen by private Maintenance, and Housekeeping Services. No place is ever perfect but we at least make the effort to fix what is broken. Our Staff is courteous & helpful to all of our potential & present Tennants.

The building grounds have been sometimes sorely neglected in the past BUT since August 2007 I must say that there has been a vast improvement in the cleanliness of the building common areas.

There are no Condos on our rental program that has not been updated or in need of serious conditioning.

Thanks for the opportunity to respond
brianscondosuites.com

Been to Sailfish Resort on the Ocean? Share your experiences!