“Great Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
North Carolina
“Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

Spent the weekend with my wife's family this weekend. 3 bedroom condo was pretty big especially the bedrooms. The living room was a little tight for 6 adults and 4 kids but had nice furniture and a good view of the ocean between the buildings across the street. Master bedroom has a king size bed and faces the ocean and has its own rather large bathroom. 2nd br has a king bed as well but is somewhat smaller in size. 3rd br is about the same size as the 2nd but has two double beds instead. These two br share a bathroom. The kitchen is small but nice and well stocked. The resort has an outdoor heated pool and you can also use the indoor lazy river at the hotel across the street. Overall, a great place to stay and relax an get away for a few days. For golf try the Legends resort. For fine dining try The Library. For fresh local seafood drive up to Calabash NC and eat at Becks.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Oh wow where do I begin...The room itself (the one bedroom) is 2 stars because it is nicely equipped with home furnishings and an in room washer and dryer and dishwasher. Also the bathroom is is large size. The bedroom is large an has it's own closet and own door to close. The mini hallway has a superstar closet to hide all your luggage and souvenirs while on your stay. Overall the flow of the room is unlike any other.                 NEXT IS A FEW REASONS WHY I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND AND WHY I AM RECOVERING FROM ANGER ISSUES:                                            1)they provide only enough dish washer detergent and dish soap and bath soap and toilet paper for one or two days. They do this hoping you are a schmuck that isn't smart enough to bring from home or just is lazy and dumb and doesn't want to drive to a store nearby. The prices are $2 for a postage stamp size dish detergent and $.50 for toilet paper...yeah im so serious. So go help yourself to the sixth floor guest bathrooms paper. WE DID ha ha.                                   2)the exterior noise of the bedroom window and door. This place thought they would be smooth in their design. Uh not impressed! It is outside entrance and you enter through the first door and then there is a small corridor and two room doors beside one another. Its all good until you get a loud neighbor that thinks they are an opera singer. Yeah it happened. Every day. Every time you Lock the door it sounds like a grenade went off on the other side.                                        3)they will charge you for stupid stuff they believe is golden and you would never want such as their see through mangey towels that they encourage to purchase for $10. They come provided in your room in a paper reusable grocery bag that you can take on the beach across the street. They know that some dumb schmuck will either a)get hit by a car and have the towels destroyed while crossing the street or b)get eaten by shark after crossing the street. Did I mention that charged us $7 for the MIA bag that has a total value of $0.10? I guess it was the shark. They didnt realize that my fiance and I were insane and get our way. Yell like hell and it will be taken off.                    4)the final reason is the best reason I need anger management. The front desk staff. I can't speak for all but only the three women we dealt with. They think they are "the man" if you know what I mean. Play their game WE DID ha ha. You can't stay here unless you have joined and bought blue green points to redeem. Which before you join don't listen and buy into their sales pitch before you read the thousands of complaints online. It will make you sick. Little did they know we bought some points off eBay for $100. Yeah that's what I said. We stayed here for $100 for five nights. I should write a book :)

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We had a wonderful stay and have stayed here before with no problems BUT...as I was stripping down the sofa bed mattress, as we were preparing to check out, I found a bed bug on the underside of the mattress (Rm 2006). I quickly captured it in a napkin and took it down to the front desk. The front desk associate told me that they had not had any problems before and that the exterminator had recently sprayed the rooms. She assured me that she would take care of the problem. I haven't noticed any other complaints on tripadvisor so it could be an isolated incidence. But a BIG reminder to inspect in and around the bed and couch BEFORE unpacking your luggage. I found some great checklists online of what to look for. I will ALWAYS check my room extensively before unpacking from now on, wherever I stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon. Rooms were huge with an ocean view! Parking was handy and the roof top pool was great!

Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We found the apartments excellent. We travelled with another couple and had adjoining one bed apartments. So, we had our privacy but could have meals together. Very clean and had everything we needed. Staff in the hotel was very friendly.
View of the sea was through other buildings but the sea was literally across the road so we were effectively at the beach anyway and a beautiful beach it is, with nice restaurants.
Nice shops in MB and good entertainment. Loved the shows particularly.
Eating was superb in MB. We ate in may places but our favourite was Golden Corral. There was literally every type of food on offer and all beautifully fresh, all you can eat and cooked to perfection. You can go to a fine dining restaurant but you wont find food as good as this and for a fantastic price. The place is always busy but plenty of staff and big enough to house the people coming to visit. As the place is so busy, food it turned over quickly and replenished fresh quickly. Try the mexican fare with home made chilli, lima beans, home made tortillas, sour cream etc. Or, the slabs of steak, cooked to order over flame,or the beef casserole, or....it's just endless choice.
Nearby outlet centres are good if you like shopping.
Pool is small and cold but you can use the pool in another hotel across the road.

Room Tip: High up room guarantees sea view, even if through other hotels.