“Take the family and have a good time!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 135 Activities in Myrtle Beach
Type: Dinner Theaters, Performances
More attraction details
Owner description: Surrender to an age of bravery and honor and witness epic battles of steel and steed during our tournament spectacular. From ringside seats, discover a feast for the eyes and appetite. An evening of enchantment and excitement for all ages. Guests are taken back in time and encouraged to cheer for one of six "Knights of the Realm," named after historic regions of medieval Spain, while feasting on a four-course banquet served in true medieval, pre-silverware fashion. The newest production features amazing lighting, costumes, choreography, exciting battle scenes, falconry, new horse dressage elements and a fresh musical score by the world renowned composer Daniel May.
Parkersburg, West Virginia
17 attraction reviews
“Take the family and have a good time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We all had a good time rooting on our knight during the show. The horses are magnificent and the actors do a great job staying in character during the performance in the arena. What an undertaking to put on this production nightly...kudos.

If you are just going for the food, you will be underwhelmed. It's not bad but not great either.

Book ahead, they do fill up. Check for specials on the web....this isn't a cheap attraction.

24 attraction reviews
“Fun for kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I find this event smelly and dusty. I don't like to think about all of the dirt the horses are kicking onto my food. The food is also so-so. However, my kids love this place. We went to the one in Vegas and they liked it so much we went to the one in Myrtle Beach. The story is a bit different, different scenes, etc. The kids also love eating with their fingers. The girls enjoyed catching the carnations the knights threw to them (although only one girl caught a flower which created a problem with my other daughter). And I do enjoy watching the choreographed fights, complete with heavy metal swords.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Gone 3 times and will always go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My family and I love Medieval Times in Myrtle Beach! Each time we go they have changed the story-line so it doesn't get boring. The horses are awesome and the stunts provided by the "Knights" shows true horsemanship and dedication to the art. I know the smell is of horses and you are eating but you don't notice it by the time the food comes. The food isn't bad at all (except the rib, Yummy), but with a husband with IBS and a picky son I have to say it works. They eat it all and never complain about anything. I have visited 3 times and I have to say you have to open up and get into it. That is what makes it the best. The "Knights" ride around and egg you on. Then after the show they do autographs with the kids and my son only wanted the King's autograph because "He's the Boss!" Oh Yeah, make sure you check their website and get the cheaper tickets and then you can upgrade to a better seat for cheaper.

Visited March 2013
Rockwell, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
“Nice, but repeat....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I went to see Medieval Times about 8 years ago. This year I went back with my family. It was a good show, and the food was good. My husband and kids really enjoyed the show. For me, it was a repeat of the same show from 8 years ago. The signs said it was a "new" show, but from what I remember it was exactly the same. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, and my kids both liked it. I like that the food is spread out and not all served at once, and you don't feel rushed to hurry up and eat like you do at a restaurant. Everyone there was friendly and answered all questions that we had.

Burlington, North Carolina
17 attraction reviews
“One Time Thing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I got free tickets to this while in Myrtle Beach. The food was okay (chicken/spare rib was delicious, soup tasted like canned tomato soup, garlic bread was frozen garlic bread). The show was okay as well. Our king had a thick Brooklyn accent which was amusing. I know horses are involved but it takes a minute to get accustomed to the smell while eating. I am glad we went one time but after that my curiosity is satisfied and I have no desire to go back. They do have a bar that serves drinks before and during the show which is nice but the drinks are SUPER expensive. I had a vodka/sprite and my husband had a Jack/Ginger and we got them in normal cups although they were "doubles" for $40.

Visited January 2013