“Thornys, Myrtle Beach SC” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #211 of 760 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Willoughby
“Thornys, Myrtle Beach SC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

My son and I were there on vactation; I do rely alot on postings by others. Decided to try it since they even had a game room, which keeps my overactive son busy. Wait staff was nice and fast. Food was great. Salad was perfect. I ordered the small prime rib medium. It was absolutely perfect. Very little uneatable fat. My son had the chicken fingers. He should be the perfect critic on every restaurants chicken fingers. I didn't even need to ask him how they were because they disappeared before i knew it. All in all a good experience. Be prepared for the game room though.

Lexington, South Carolina
“I just made my first and...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

I just made my first and last visit to Thorny's this past weekend. The fried seafood platter was ok, but the prime rib ordered by someone else was overcooked and could have been mistaken for thick-cut jerky. Slow service and extremely high prices made for a less-than-enjoyable experience. I will not be back...

Forks, WA
“Very tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

Went to Thorny's for dinner one night while on vacation with my family. The have tvs at most of the tables. Which the kids really enjoyed. Our waitress was very friendly. They food was very tasty!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ohio
“Nothng to brag about..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

The ribeye was tastleless and tough. My loaded chop steaks flavor came from the onions and mushrooms but the onion loaf was good. I did enjoy having the tv at our booth. On the positive side the waitress was very pleasant.

Lexington, KY
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2008

Thorny's is the WORST place that we have ever eaten at in Myrtle Beach. The service was also horrible. The waiter's cell phone kept ringing, he never offered refills on drinks. The food was lousy. My chicken was stringy (yuck). My husbands hamburger steak was overdone. My parents food was also cold and rubbery. I can't believe this place is still in business. I guess it's because they have a play room that will keep the kids entertained.