“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 700 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: German, Austrian, European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Serving Best German Food (with Austrian Twist) on the Grand Strand since over 18Years.... Dishes like: Sauerbraten, Veal Wiener Schnitzel,even Chicken or Pork Schnitzel, Cordon-Bleu, Hungarian Gulash, Jager Schnitzel, Bratwurst, Knackwurst, Weiss-wurst, Osso Bucco, Homemade Soups, Great Sandwiches and Fresh Salads, even Seafood
Woodstock, Georgia
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Outstanding might not say it enough. Having lived in Germany and been to Austria I know authentic when I taste Austrian-German food. Cafe Old Vienna is authenic, It is a small restaurant and one could ask for more room, but having said that... taste wonderful food, well presented, served by a knowledgeable wait staff. This is the best.

• Visited May 2013

Kissimmee, Florida
“Just a great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Finding the "real deal", authentic food such as Austrian schnitzel is extremely difficult to do. But it exists at the Café Old Vienna in Myrtle Beach, SC! DryProp is right on the money with his "Best German Food..." comment. Likewise, we went to the Café based on Tripadvisor reviews and are very pleased we did so, on May 2, 2013.
Having savored schnitzel from the Frankfort and Munich areas of Germany and Salzberg, Austria many times, we never thought we would find a replication in the US, but it was right there, at the Cafe Old Vienna.
The service was exemplary in this small and intimate café as was the ambiance. Perfect music, friendly and efficient personnel, in addition to the wonderful food made for a lovely dinner, indeed.
Our only regret? We are not in the Myrtle Beach area very often. But when we are, we most certainly look forward to a repeat of our enjoyable dining experience.

• Visited May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great place. Definitely make a point to go. The best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We didn't make reservations and couldn't get in the first time we tried; so we made reservations the next night.

Best restaurant in Myrtle Beach. Hard to find -- on edge of shopping center with another building in front.

Service was great. It's a small place, so the waitress could see everyone in the place.

We had a wonderful light Austrian wine. Sauer Braten was cut-with-a-fork tender and very tasty. I had the Sampler, with a couple sausages and Wiener Schnitzel. Everything was great.

Not nearly as expensive as Sea Captain; but much better food and service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toledo, OH, USA
“Wow! Best German Food I Have Had in the U.S.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Wow! Based upon Tripadvisor reviews, my wife, daughter, and I ate here on Friday, April 19th. We were not disappointed! This was the best German-style cuisine I have ever had in the United States. The food was as good or better than anything that I have ever eaten in Germany or Austria.

Location: Located in a older strip mall in the southern part of Myrtle Beach. Not a huge place, but with some outdoor seating. The inside is tastefully decorated with pictures of various Austrian locales and historical figures on the wall. I would suggest making reservations (which we did) as all seats were taken when we arrived.

Service: Excellent. Our servers were unfailingly polite and professional. They made various suggestions and never (despite the busyness of the place) hurried us along. They were also very accommodating of our young daughter.

Food: Off the charts good. I had wiener schnitzel and my wife had pork cordon bleu. Despite both being fried foods, neither were greasy at all. Both dishes were incredibly tasty. The side dishes of German noodles and red cabbage were also excellent and homemade. Great selection of German and Austrian imported beers. Extensive wine list as well. The dessert was a homemade crepe that was also very savory.

We go to South Carolina on a fairly regular basis. We have decided to make it a point to visit this restaurant regularly when we come back. I just wish they would relocate to my hometown!

This is a "can't miss" place that has my 100% recommendation!

Ashburn, VA
“Hidden gem in Myrtle Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My mother and I visited Café Old Vienna on Saturday afternoon, April 13th for lunch. The place is very small, so if you plan to visit here at the height of the summer vacation season, I would recommend you make a reservation.

I started the meal with the potato soup. It was good, but it had dill in it and that isn’t one of my favorite spices.

We then were served the main event - my mother had the Pork Wiener Schnitzel and I had the special – Parmesan breaded pork loin topped with tomato, melted swiss cheese and crumbled bacon. We both had the potato salad and Spatzle with Gravy. Amazing!! The Pork Wiener Schnitzel lunch consisted of 2 thin pieces of pork which were breaded and fried. It was crispy and delicious. The pork loin special was a bit thicker than the schnitzel. The piece of pork was so big it hung over the edges of my plate. The potato salad was simple – just potatoes and not much else. I don’t know how it was made, but it was tangy, so I assume it was made with vinegar. The spatzle (pasta/noodle) with gravy was so good!!

We both had such large portions there was no room for the tasty looking desserts they had available.

The service was personal and attentive. I will definitely make a point to visit here again the next time I am in Myrtle Beach!!

They serve Pepsi products – in a bottle, not fountain.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere