“Used to be a favorite, but not anymore...” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Ashburn, VA
“Used to be a favorite, but not anymore...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The first few times I visited Anthony's, I loved it. But the last few times, the service has gone downhill. And during my last visit to Myrtle Beach in June 2012, the service was downright pitiful. Our table ordered a pizza and a couple sub sandwiches and it took over 50 minutes to get our food. Really??? And right after we were seated, the place cleared out. So it wasn't like the place was packed!! And to top it all off, my pizza arrived 10 minutes before the rest of the food was served and it wasn't even HOT!!

I don't think I will make an effort to visit here again.

NOTE: They used to serve Pepsi products, but they recently switched to Coke products.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“One of the Best Pizzas at the Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We are local and this is one of our favorite stops. Anthony's is a very good family restaurant with a wide range of Italian and American dishes at a very reasonable price. We love the New York style pizza, believing it to be one of the very best we have had anywhere in the Grand Strand (Michael's on Business 17 in Myrtle Beach is also very good.). Our guests have had other dishes and found them very good and very large. The only drawback now is that the draft beer cooler has been broken and you can only get bottled beer -- hopefully this will get corrected before too long.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
“Great pizza, great price, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Nice place to visit. Always take my friends their for a casual night out. Like I said good Pizza, good price and very good service.

Visited January 2012
Ashburn, VA
“Tops my list of places to dine while in Myrtle Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I have been to Anthony's a few times and the pizza has been great every visit! And they serve Pepsi products, which pleases me greatly.

My first visit was back in March 2011, and they still allowed smoking in the restaurant. But as of my last visit in June 2011, they no longer allow smoking inside.

I believe once a week, they have a trivia night. You can play alone or gather up all your friends and family and enter has a group. It’s great fun. But be sure to allot about 2 hours to play the game. I think the top 3 teams win a prize (Anthony’s gift certificates).

We have always had friendly, attentive service. I can’t wait to go back next time I visit Myrtle Beach.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, Kentucky
“Don't waste your time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

From the reviews this place sounded like a winner, but by the end of the meal we decided we'd never go back. The atmosphere was good, the server was nice and the food was great, but they obviously cared more about their to-go orders than the customers in the restaurant.

We arrived around 8 p.m., took a few minutes to look over the menu and then ordered our appetizer and two pizzas. The place was not very busy, but we saw to-go order after to-go order going out. Also, two tables seated after us were done before we received our food. We asked about our appetizer and finally got it 35 minutes after ordering. By the time our pizzas arrived we been there for more than an hour. We complained about this and were offered $10 coupons. We told them we're not coming back, so they offered us 10% off our bill. Really? They obviously don't care about their customers, so why should I care to ever go back? You shouldn't either.

• Visited June 2011