“Girls weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach

You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach
Ranked #58 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Epping, New Hampshire
“Girls weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The resort was great along with the beach. The resort is across the street from the beach with a shuttle that will take you over to the waterfront club house with a pool and some very nice decks and indoor lounge areas if you need to get out of the sun.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
WOW! Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South beach Resort. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests. We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful time and enjoyed the beach and shuttle. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Torrance, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Booked a holiday vacation and agreed to a timeshare viewing of South Beach about a year ago with a great guy named Tony. He told me if we wanted to upgrade to South Beach it would be a certain amount, if we wanted to add additional night at the Broadway it would be only $49.99 per night. My husband and I were and are still very interested in buying a timeshare, but am extremely leery now of this vacation club, as I hate deceit, and it's happened from the very beginning numerous times. I called to schedule my vacation around April/May for July 7-10 and inquired about an additional night on 7/6 and upgrades. Of course there were no upgrades available at South Beach (yet there's availability through every travel site). They said I could add the 7/6 night at Broadway for $99.00 a night. What happened to $49.99 per night per Tony?. They told me it was $99.99, BUT because it was for July 6, it would be an ADDITIONAL $99.99 a night (now $200.00) because of the holiday weekend -- what holiday weekend !!! The holiday weekend is over on July 6 (Sunday). Anyway, I told the rep to have a supervisor call me b/c I hate more than anything when the price changes from what was quoted; DECEIT. No one ever called. A few days went by so I decided to call back to see why a supervisor did not call me back; no one knew why. I said I needed to add a night and that I had a problem b/c the price was not what was quoted. At that point they told me July 6 was now sold out at the Broadway. I told her I had been waiting for a supervisor to call, and because they never did, now I don't have a room on 7/6, yet I booked my flight for 7/6-7/10. What am I supposed to do in SC for a night w/o a room? They then checked the availability at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront and explained it would now be $75.00 a night for 3 nights (upgrade price) and $185.00 for the Sunday night. I told her I needed to do something b/c I am arriving in SC and don't have a room on Sunday. In the meantime I was on hotels.com and found a BETTER rate on 7/6, so decided to book the one night with hotels.com (non-refundable) and just pay for the upgrade for the three nights. The rep took my credit card number and told me I should receive a new confirm with the new location. After a few days went by I never received a confirmation, so I decided to call. THEY HAD NO RECORD OF MY UPGRADE!!! I was furious, to say the least. So I told them now I was at another location for 7/6 through hotels.com, and then I have to move to the Broadway location for the three nights. I asked to speak to the supervisor Patricia and a manager b/c I was furious. I told them I couldn't wait for my timeshare appointment, b/c I would clear the place out. What incompetents, from the very beginning. The rep came back on the phone and said, oh, there is now a room available for the upgrade at the Oceanfront.. I thought they said a minute before there was nothing available -- again, DECEIT. Then they said I had never given my credit card number -- again, DECEIT. So I once again gave them my credit card number for the upgrade. They said I would receive a new confirmation with the new location in the next few days. Tomorrow will be a week and I still haven't received a confirmation for the upgrade/new location. I verified that my card was charged. I will call on Monday -- if they proceed to tell me that I was never upgraded, yet they charged my card, I will become furious. At this time, I am extremely irritated with Holiday Inn Vacations Club. It will take A LOT to convince my husband & I to buy a timeshare with this level of incompetency. Very, very disappointed and I'm not even yet in SC !!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, October 15, 2014
Hello. I want to thank you for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your recent experience with us. Our vacation packages are a great way to take advantage of a discounted vacation, while also finding out how a vacation ownership with Holiday Inn Club Vacations can change the way that you and your family travel in the future. The details for those wishing to take advantage of this program should have been made available to you at the time of purchase as well as in the information provided to you before your travel dates. We are incredibly sorry your package experience became so complicated. In an attempt to find out more information about your specific situation we have sent you a private message here on TripAdvisor. We look forward to hearing from you.
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My family and friends arrive the Friday right after the terrible bike week but let me assure the readers we only experince the best service,beatiful and comfortable rooms and the hotel staff was on point on making residents feel safe and the prensence on the grounds were noted.Frank the shuttle driver was also very helpful in area recommaditions on things to do. The Signature suites were top-notched! Our group had 7 people and we had a great time. One suggestion would be the hotel should extend the pool-bar hours to close at 7 is very early for mature adults whom like to relax by the pool.

Room Tip: Request rooms away from helicptor flight path!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am elated to hear that you were pleased with that staff and your accommodations and that you thoroughly enjoyed the time you had while staying with us in your Signature Collection room. Thank you for your suggestion on the Lagoon Pool bar hours, we do extend the hours throughout the summer season, but I will definitely pass your comments along to the appropriate individual. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review, we appreciate your feedback.
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I was a little hesitant after making the reservation for this resort after reading some reviews, however, when arriving on Wednesday morning at 10:00 am, the desk staff was so friendly and accommodating and THE ROOM WAS READY FOR US!! When checking out on Sunday, our flight was not until 9:30 pm. The desk staff was happy to give us a temporary key which let us into the pool areas (which there are 3 of them!!) They also gave us access to the showers, lockers, saunas and bathrooms and offered us clean beach towels. The location was perfect, out of the hustle and bustle of the crowds in Myrtle Beach. We did have to go across the street for the beach but the resort only parking lot was a minute away and not at all inconvenient. I would stay here again in the blink of an eye. Thank you to the staff at South Beach Resort Holiday Inn Vacation Club for helping make our stay in Myrtle Beach perfect!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
WOW! What a great review! Thank you so much. I am glad to see that you were able to fully experience the high level of customer service that we provide at Holiday Inn Club Vacations, South Beach Resort. We absolutely always want to make sure we are doing whatever we can to make your stay with us as enjoyable as it can be. I mean, this is your vacation, and we are honored that you choose to spend it with us. I am so happy that you enjoyed everything about the resort and its location in Myrtle Beach. We look forward to you coming back and hopefully staying a little longer next time. Thank you, again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

we stayed here on Memorial Day. Despite what the listing said, the actual property is not on the beach. There is a narrow strip of beach across a 4 lane street. The clerk who checked me in was not smart, could not find my RES and failed to acknowledge my status with IHG.
Interestingly Holiday Inn would not accept a similarly worded review on their site. The hotel is at the south end of Myrtle Beach away from everything except the airport

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi there. I certainly apologize that you were disappointed with our location and the Front Desk specialist that assisted you with check in. Our IHG Rewards Club Members are very important to us and strive to deliver exceptional service to all of our guests. The resort is nestled at the southern end of Myrtle Beach and we are out of most of the hustle and bustle of the Downtown area, which is not always what everyone is looking for. I do hope you found your accommodations and resort amenities to be enjoyable. Thank you for your review.
Conesus, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a clean, friendly and exciting resort. Played golf, went swimming, relaxed in the hot tub and even went on a helicopter tour across the road. Plenty of wonderful places to dine within 10 miles also.

Room Tip: All rooms I am sure are good, however there is an airport across the street with jets taking off fre...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the pools, had some time to relax and still were able to enjoy some nearby attractions. We look forward to seeing you again, real soon!
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Hello I was tricked into buying some "special" for $200 if I would stay 3 nights and IF i attended a seminar for 2 hours I would get my money back. So I book trip but said I didn't want to go to seminar thinking they would take my $200 but they said that is not an option, I would have to pay full retail price! Asked for refund but was refused, what happen to the Holiday Inn trusted brand name, now they have resulted to trickery.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashley U, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your recent experience. Our Marketing packages are a great way to experience everything a vacation with us has to offer at a discounted price. Because these vacations are so deeply discounted, we do ask our guests who take advantage of this offer attend one of our 90 minute property tours to fulfill the requirements of this package. This information is provided to all of our future guests at the time of purchase. In order to find out more about your specific situation, we have private messaged you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach? Share your experiences!