“What a Great Place!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3000 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #49 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“What a Great Place!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was our first trip to Myrtle Beach and I was nervous about where to stay. I have to say that I lucked out this time. Almost everything from check-in to check-out was wonderful. We had a top (fourth) floor 2 bedroom complete with kitchen and laundry. It was spacious and spotless. The staff for the most part were very gracious, especially the front desk. The pools were clean but I need to stress that there are no lifeguards on duty and no one enforcing pool rules. This did not affect our enjoyment of the pools, though. There is a shuttle that takes you around the property and to the beach, which is just a short walk if you wanted to foot it. This resort is close to the airport so you do hear the planes and there is someone that gives helicopter rides that constantly fly over the resort. But that did not even register after the first day. There is mini-golf practically on the premises and a respectable looking Waffle House (if there is such a thing) across the street towards the back of the property. The only major issue was the horrible Wi-Fi. It was great when it worked which was only about half of the time. I needed to get on the internet and was unable to do so in my room or in the business office. But without blinking the staff at the front desk let me use one their computers and printers to do what I needed. I am looking forward to staying here again with my family in the future. Note: This is a timeshare property that also rents, so be prepared for the hard sell. To avoid (if that kind of thing is not for you), they will give you a voucher upon check-in to go over to the "other" desk to redeem for money saving coupons. Simply do not go to the "other" desk and when they chase you down, continue walking while telling them you are not interested. Worked for me.

Room Tip: It gets loud by the main pool. They have a DJ some days and movie nights other days.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Hello! Thank you for your review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort. I am excited that you enjoyed your stay at the resort. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the mini golf next door, the resort pools, and the shuttle to the beach. I know how important it is to stay “connected” while you are on vacation; it is our pleasure to assist you at the front desk with any computer services. I apologize if our enthusiasm for encouraging your family to take advantage of a better way to vacation felt like a hard sell. I know we offer many discounts to our guests and we do not want anyone to miss out on the savings. I am glad that everything worked out for you. I look for to seeing you again soon.

273 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We had a two bedroom unit. Very clean. Lovely decor. Screened in porch. Absolutely no complaints about our accommodations!
Shuttles run almost constantly to and from beach. Very nice beach club with outdoor shower so you don't have to return to room too sandy. Not much around this resort. This is the nicest resort in this part of MB.

• Stayed July 2013
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Wow! Thank you! I am glad that the accommodations were to your liking and you were able to, easily; catch the shuttle to the beach and Breeze’s Oceanfront Beach Club. Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We took a chance on finding a place in MB for our family trip. This place exceeded our expectations! If you are looking for a nice, family place (vs the mediocre, crowded family places) that is not over the top fancy but still VERY nice, I highly recommend this.

There is a shuttle to the beach but it is also only a 5 minute walk. The lazy river and pool were very nice and not crowded (we went Thurs to Sat in August). There is also a clubhouse at the beach to watch TV for those elderly relatives who don't care for the sun. We also could walk to a mini-golf place which the kids loved.

The rooms were very nice. We got a king suite and queen studio and asked for them to be connected since we had 8 of us. It was perfect - there was a full kitchen in the king suite and a W/D for both rooms to share. The decor and beds were very nice.

Also, we drove to another part of town for dinner one night and it confirmed that we were in the right area for a family. The other part of town near the rides and such was way too crowded and teenager-like.

My only real complaint is that this is near the airport so you can hear loud planes while at the pool - but we had kids with us who thought it was cool so we didn't mind.

Room Tip: If getting 2 rooms for a family trip, ask for rooms to be side by side - we did this and felt like l...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! We love to hear that you had a wonderful experience here at Holiday Inn Club Vacation at South Beach Resort. We are glad that you enjoyed the lazy river and pools on property, as well as, the shuttle to and from the beach. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. . We hope to see you back soon!
Hyattsville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

So I checked into this resort expecting beach access and the things I saw in the hotel listing like the pier that is actually at another hotel. We go to our room which was a studio so it had everything in it but seemed older and washed out. To my surprise the largest looking cockeroach was on the wall. I had my husband take a picture of it and said we have to get out of here. I called down to reception for another room they said its actually a palmetto bug and there al over the south. They will have someone come kill it and then spray our room. I clearly wasnt happy with that especially because I am a starwood person but decided I will take chance because the resort looked nice and was closer to the beach then the nearest Starwood hotel. We went to eat at Damons Grill and went to the pool on property. The next day we woke up to go eat breakfast at the Pancake house and sat on the beach for the day. Chair rentals are 30.00 for unbrella and chairs. We had lunch at the Compass Resort Tiki Bar and went out that night to the boradwalk. There were lots of bars and clubs on the strip. Probably better suited for a younger crowd but people of all ages were out that night. The next day we went to the beach again and relaxed before our late afternoon flight. check out was 10am that was alaso a first for me and late cehcekout is 11am. We eneded up using the showers in the clubhouse brefore we left since no hospitatlity suite. All in all I would of had a better experience if what was advertised was there and no insects in my room. The resort was very family friendly though....tons of families on property and all over the beach area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Hi! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. It is because of feedback like yours that we can continue to improve the guest experience here at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort. I am truly sorry that you had to experience the Palmetto bug, they are native to the south and are actually an outside bug, never the less, they are unsightly and I apologize one got into your room. It sounds like you got to enjoy Myrtle Beach and the area attractions. I certainly hope you consider staying with us next time you return to Myrtle Beach. Thank you again for your review!
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was pleased with the resort. Ocean Blvd is full of out-dated, run down hotels and motels. I was a but nervous when I started driving down the strip. I was very pleasantly pleased to pull into a very well taken care of property. The club house is cute with a very homey feeling. There is an indoor, outdoor pools and a lazy river. There is also a Market Place that is open, but only between the hours of 9 and 5. Being open in the evening would have been GREAT. The community is gated which is great! The only complaints that I have is that have is that there is a lot of air traffic. This resort is only about 5 minutes from the airport, which is great, but makes for some really noisy air traffic overhead. I didn't notice it at night though, so that was good. The only other thing I can say is that if you plan on using your cell phone or the wi-fi....FORGET it. No service in the building and then if you try to go outside the air traffic is so loud sometimes it makes it hard to hold a conversation. We brought the hot-spot and could not get service to use that either. Very frustrating at times. At night I knew my family would never be able to get a hold of me if they needed me back home. Again NO SERVICE! Other than that, a great place to stay in Myrtle Beach. The beach is just right across the street and a shuttle that takes you back and forth that we never had to wait for longer than about 5 minutes. Very good stay overall!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Good Day, I am glad you enjoyed the resort here at Holiday Inn Club Vacations at South Beach Resort and were able to take advantage of our many amenities. I am glad that the air traffic noise was not too bothersome for you. I am so sorry that you had trouble with the WiFi and cellular service. I know it is very important to be able to communicate with your loved ones while being away from home. I am please that the shuttle service was a great convenience for you. Thank you so much for your review, I hope to see you back soon!
Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

This resort is a great place for families. We have stayed there several times. The pools and lazy river are very nice. The rooms are starting to feel a bit dated though. The units are clean and well maintained. The biggest drawback is the distance from the beach. The buildings are only a block away from the beach, and there is a shuttle service, but it's still a hike to the beach, especially when you're carrying an umbrella, cooler, towels and sand toys. The resort does offer a shuttle, but it did not seem to run often enough; it was faster to walk! We love the full kitchen, and washer/dryer in the units. The resort offers activities for the kids. We enjoyed the nighttime movies at the pool.

• Stayed July 2013
Hello! We are glad that you enjoyed the pools and lazy river on your most recent visit. We love when our guests return time and time again to create wonderful vacation memories with their families. We apologize that the shuttle did not seem as though it was running enough, they can often be very busy loading and unloading guest and it may take a little extra time for them to make their loops around the property. Thank you for posting about your experience with us, we hope you plan on returning again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

But for the fact that it is not oceanfront, all was perfect.
Great rooms, great service, good amenities.
The ocean front access was good and convenient.
All staff we dealt with were very helpful and courteous.
If i had to pick one more concern, i wish the bar was
open past 8:30 pm :).

• Stayed July 2013
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. I hope you found that the complimentary shuttle to the beach was helpful, since as you said, we are not ocean front. I love hearing that the staff was helpful and courteous, we are here to provide service to all of our guests! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will see you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach? Share your experiences!