You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
St. Louis
“Vacation Stay~!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was pleased with the resort. Ocean Blvd is full of out-dated, run down hotels and motels. I was a but nervous when I started driving down the strip. I was very pleasantly pleased to pull into a very well taken care of property. The club house is cute with a very homey feeling. There is an indoor, outdoor pools and a lazy river. There is also a Market Place that is open, but only between the hours of 9 and 5. Being open in the evening would have been GREAT. The community is gated which is great! The only complaints that I have is that have is that there is a lot of air traffic. This resort is only about 5 minutes from the airport, which is great, but makes for some really noisy air traffic overhead. I didn't notice it at night though, so that was good. The only other thing I can say is that if you plan on using your cell phone or the wi-fi....FORGET it. No service in the building and then if you try to go outside the air traffic is so loud sometimes it makes it hard to hold a conversation. We brought the hot-spot and could not get service to use that either. Very frustrating at times. At night I knew my family would never be able to get a hold of me if they needed me back home. Again NO SERVICE! Other than that, a great place to stay in Myrtle Beach. The beach is just right across the street and a shuttle that takes you back and forth that we never had to wait for longer than about 5 minutes. Very good stay overall!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Good Day, I am glad you enjoyed the resort here at Holiday Inn Club Vacations at South Beach Resort and were able to take advantage of our many amenities. I am glad that the air traffic noise was not too bothersome for you. I am so sorry that you had trouble with the WiFi and cellular service. I know it is very important to be able to communicate with your loved ones while being away from home. I am please that the shuttle service was a great convenience for you. Thank you so much for your review, I hope to see you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

This resort is a great place for families. We have stayed there several times. The pools and lazy river are very nice. The rooms are starting to feel a bit dated though. The units are clean and well maintained. The biggest drawback is the distance from the beach. The buildings are only a block away from the beach, and there is a shuttle service, but it's still a hike to the beach, especially when you're carrying an umbrella, cooler, towels and sand toys. The resort does offer a shuttle, but it did not seem to run often enough; it was faster to walk! We love the full kitchen, and washer/dryer in the units. The resort offers activities for the kids. We enjoyed the nighttime movies at the pool.

• Stayed July 2013
Hello! We are glad that you enjoyed the pools and lazy river on your most recent visit. We love when our guests return time and time again to create wonderful vacation memories with their families. We apologize that the shuttle did not seem as though it was running enough, they can often be very busy loading and unloading guest and it may take a little extra time for them to make their loops around the property. Thank you for posting about your experience with us, we hope you plan on returning again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

But for the fact that it is not oceanfront, all was perfect.
Great rooms, great service, good amenities.
The ocean front access was good and convenient.
All staff we dealt with were very helpful and courteous.
If i had to pick one more concern, i wish the bar was
open past 8:30 pm :).

• Stayed July 2013
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. I hope you found that the complimentary shuttle to the beach was helpful, since as you said, we are not ocean front. I love hearing that the staff was helpful and courteous, we are here to provide service to all of our guests! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will see you again.
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Among all the old-school, run-down hotels on Ocean Boulevard, is the Holiday Inn South Beach. It provides everything that you'd expect from a full-service resort, except maybe a restaurant. There are 4 or 5 pools, a lazy river, a clubhouse with game room and billiards, organized activities, a pool bar with fun drinks, a beach club, and a marketplace with items for purchase - food, drinks, clothing, toys, etc. The grounds are well-kept and the resort is gated and felt very safe. The rooms are fantastic - clean, HUGE, and perfect for a family with kids or 2 couples/families. Two huge bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, full kitchen, living room with fireplace and DVD player, balcony, jacuzzi tub, free WiFi. Very comfortable and convenient. The only drawback is that the resort is very close to the airport. That's great for travel time - you can literally get to the airport in 5 minutes - but it also means that you can see and hear planes and helicopters taking off and landing throughout the day. I never heard them at night, so it didn't disrupt my sleep, but it was noticeable during the day. My kids were actually entertained by the planes but I found them a little annoying.

Room Tip: Stay in a room overlooking the Lagoon Pool, which is the main pool and is very pretty.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am so glad you found us to be a “jewel” along Ocean Boulevard. There are quite a few “old-school” hotels in the area. It sounds like you felt right at home while you were staying with us and that is outstanding! I am happy to see that you ventured to all parts of our resort and got to experience everything we had to offer. The Myrtle Beach International Airport, is actually considered to be very small, often times our guests do not notice much noise at all, but definitely in the evening everything does wind down as far as the planes and helicopters are concerned. I am glad your sleep was not impacted due to our closeness to the airport. Thank you so much for your review, I hope to see you and your family back at South Beach Resort!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This resort provided a whole lot more than I expected. The rooms were very spacious and had a full kitchen with everything my family and I needed to feel at home. The resort is located across the street from the south end of the beach. It is a convenient walk or one could take the courtesy shuttle to the beach. I really enjoyed being away from all of the traffic and noise, however when it was time to experience the boardwalk we just drove a few blocks up and paid $6 for all day parking at 2nd Ave. My family and I are already planning next years vacation back at the Holiday Inn Club Vacations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our resort. I am so glad you enjoyed staying with us and found our location to be a good fit for you. We cannot wait to host your trip back to Myrtle Beach next year. Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you real soon!
Petersburg, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was my first trip to Myrtle Beach. I don't think I could have stayed at a better place! Resort was very clean. Loved how spacious the rooms were. The grounds are very beautiful and well kept. My children enjoyed all the activities offered at clubhouse. I love the fact that the resort is gated. This allowed my children more freedom to do things on their own. I even enjoyed the water aerobics and lazy river walk. The instructors were very knowable. I appreciated that the ocean front club had a pool. When my four year old got to hot at the beach he was able to cool off in the pool. Would recommend to everyone!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Glad to hear that your family enjoyed their vacation at South Beach Resort! Thank you for mentioning the clean room and the well-kept, beautiful, grounds. We work very hard to ensure every aspect of your vacation is enjoyable, including your drive into the resort as well as entering your building and laying by the pools. I will be sure to let the Activities team know that you enjoyed the water aerobics and lazy river walk and found them to be very knowledgeable, I am certain they will appreciate the compliment. Thank you so much for your review and the recommendation, hope to see you back!
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This vacation was amazing. We had a family reunion in Myrtle Beach, first trip ever there. We had two (2) bedroom condos and one lock off (that was a full size 1 bedroom condo) for a total of 10 people. Our trip was June 22 thru June 28. Reception area staff was very accommodating and quick, check in was a breeze, grounds staff were so friendly and my condo, which was a 2 bedroom for 5 people, was BEAUTIFUL! We had more than enough space, never heard any of our neighbors, everything in the villa was exceptional, clean, fully supplied and tasteful.

I especially loved being next to the lagoon pool. We practically lived there. We participated in Bingo, movie night twice, the DJ, volleyball courts, and the aquisino cruise. We also visited the clubhouse pool and the beach pool. The lazy river was on the small side but even that was enjoyable and refreshing. I also loved the ping pong tables next to the pool; we played plenty of games there.

The food in the market onsite was reasonable in price and on the fair side when we didn’t feel like cooking. The easy (less than 5 minutes’ walk) to the beach where the water temperature was 81 degrees was very nice. When we didn’t feel like walking back, a courtesy shuttle picked us up and dropped us off right at our doorstep.

It was about 6 miles to Broadway at the Beach where we hung out some nights, since there was so much to do on the resort, we didn't participate in many area attractions.

From the 7 year old to the 69 year old, this was one of our best vacations ever! Thank you and we look forward to coming again next year.

Room Tip: A room by the lagoon pool (where many of the activities take place). We were in complex E third floo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
“One of your best vacations ever”, is my absolute favorite part of your review. That is one of the best compliments we have received all summer long. I am so happy we helped make your family reunion memorable and enjoyable. Thank you for posting your review about your families stay with us. It sounds like you guys had a great time. We will definitely see you guys next year, we look forward to hosting your vacation and creating new memories with you. Thanks again.

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach? Share your experiences!