“Up the lazy river” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach

You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach
Ranked #57 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Elmhurst, Illinois
“Up the lazy river”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

You can be up the lazy river too with your kids or grandkids who are 10 and under at the South Beach property by Holiday Inn. We have enjoyed this property and location with our family which includes 5 children 4 years and under. There are plenty of pools including a zero depth and an indoor/outdoor heated pool. Additionally, Holiday Inn offers a pool right on the beach! It is a short walk from the property, and you can access the beach from this location too. This property is on the north end of the "strip" which is fine because the grandkids are little. The south end of the strip would be, in my opinion, for older kids and teens. However, our little ones enjoyed the arcades on the boardwalk. So grab an inner tube and let the lazy river float your troubles away.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here. All rooms have access to the pools or are a short distance away. We wer...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed the property! It sounds like you successfully floated your troubles away during your lazy river ride, which is very happy news for us! That is what we are here to do, make your vacation as enjoyable as possible. Thanks again for your review, we hope to see you all back again, real soon, for another trip around the “river”.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Very nice place to stay, like all the other reviews, clean and very comfortable. This was my second time at the resort. I was here in October, and now April. I have been told that things get crazy at Myrtle Beach during peak times.

Room Tip: Sections at the front are older units, airport noise is not a problem
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us and we definitely look forward to having you back in the future. It is much busier during the summer, but it is also a lot of fun. Just depends on whether or not you mind the crowds and often times the long waits at attractions and restaurants. If you don’t like to wait very long, early Spring and Fall is a beautiful time to travel to Myrtle Beach!
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Spring Break this year was the best yet. The family spent a week at this resort, can't wait to go back. It was comfortable, clean, well kept, well stocked, Spacious, quiet, Even tho situated in flight landing path of airport, noise was not bothersome. The resort is across the road from the beach. Shuttle took us to the private beach property with a small pool. A ten minute drive brings you to Market Commons. Great restaurants, nice shops. Good price for a most enjoyable week.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Hello! Thank you for your review. I love reading about a great experience at our resort! I am very happy to see that you enjoyed all of our amenities and our location. I am glad that you were not bothered by any of the airplanes in the area, most of our guests do not notice them at all. We look forward to having you back real soon, thank you again for review.
Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I booked this place for my two days stay in the city. It was a lovely experience. Property is well maintained and had a bar, two swimming pools and snack shops. Entire property was very clean and decorated. From check in to check out everything was very easy. Staff here provided a very nice ambiance. Food was great and my room was nice. We had a great time here and will definitely return back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your short stay with us and found the resort to be clean and welcoming. We look forward to you returning in the future and staying a little longer! Thank you again for posting your review, we greatly appreciate the feedback.
Syracuse, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Club at South Beach Resort over easter weekend and the following week. Apon arrival, I thought the resort looked very nice for the early time of year. Coming from upstate New York it was nice to see green grass and flowers around the property. Check in was very fast. I am an owner at another Holliday Inn Club at Orange Lake in Orlando. I was expecting to be offered a bonus to do an hour long "owner update" which I was, and reluctantly accepted. I was promised I would be out of there in 60 minutes, needless to say it took 3 hours. I really need to stick to my guns and not go to these updates anymore. The only other thing that was disappointing about this resort was the internet access. Like previous posters, it is very slow and inconsistent. One of the things I was very impressed with were the heated pools. They deserve an A++++ for maintaing the heat on the outdoor pools and hot tub! Outside temperatures were consistently in the 60"s or less and the pools stayed warm! Nice job! We stayed in a 3 bedroom lock off and the rooms were clean and well stocked. Beds were very comfortable. The resort offers a shuttle bus to the beach, but we found it easy enough to walk. It was not to bad crossing the street even with 2 & 3 year old children. Overall, I would definitely stay at this resort again, just a little later in the year when its warmer outside. I would also recommend this resort to my friends. Thank you to the staff!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hi there! I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay over your Easter break. Thank you for mentioning the grass and flowers around the property, our Landscaping team works very hard to make sure the property looks beautiful and inviting all year long. I am sorry to hear that you experienced some difficulty with the complimentary Wi-Fi service and I apologize that it did not meet your expectations. I am glad to see that you were able to take advantage of the heated pools during your stay, I’m sure that was a good time. Can’t wait to see you back at South Beach Resort when the weather is a bit warmer. Thank you for your review and you are very welcome, we are here to help create memorable vacations, I am so happy we made an impact on your trip.
Dewey Beach, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We recently travelled to Myrtle Beach for Easter weekend so we could spend time with our son who goes to school in North Carolina. We have a 16 year old daughter as well. We rented a 2 bedroom villa for four nights. Check in was a breeze and the front desk was very friendly and helpful. We chose the Holiday Inn because I get a corportate discount through my work. We fully expected to be asked to sit through the timeshare sales pitch so that was not surprise. We got $75 for 1.5 hours of our time so not a bad deal overall and we just kept saying No. They were not rude and I thought they were very understanding. The resort itself is very nice. I asked for a room with a view of the pool and it was really nice with a rock formation and the sound of trickling water coming through our window. We could even see the ocean which is across the street. The pools are ALL heated and very nice. The hot tub was a big hit, it's really large and was comfortable on a chilly day! There is a nice tikki bar by the pool and the drinks were yummy. The villia itself was beautiful. It was nicely decorated and came fully equipped with everything we needed. They gave us plenty of towels and there is a washer and dryer if you need to refresh them. This is NOT a hotel, so we did not expect to have cleaning service. We did have one problem with our dishwasher, and when I called to report it, someone was there in 10 mintues to fix it. Great service!! The beach club across the street is really nice, with a pool, hot tub and club house overlooking the beach. We only wish it was warmer the weekend we were there. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it. We will be back!! Thank you for the great experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool,
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad you had a great Easter weekend with your children. Thank you for taking time out of your weekend to attend one of our presentations, we greatly appreciate your time and the opportunity to tell you a little bit more about Holiday Inn Club Vacations. It sounds like you got to see the entire property and even take advantage of the Lagoon Pool bar being open, that was our opening weekend! I hope you feel you have found a great location to come back to and meet your son when he is on school breaks, we certainly look forward to having you and your family back in the future. Thank you again for taking time to post your experience.
Napanee, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

First off we are Owner's with Holiday Inn, Wyndham and Geo. In Mrytle Beach there are very few choices for Holiday Inn "resorts". Both will try to get you for an "owner's update" this is true, but when you say no I don't expect to be treated poorly. When we repeatly said no "thank you" very politely, we were treated with a shove of the paperwork and a "see ya in two years response" followed with an abrupt about face, very intimidating manner, I felt embarrased for my wife and should have said something at the time, that's my fault. Wow, this is the way owners are treated....will be selling our points soon - for cost, shame on the commision salesperson and management.

Now to the room and amenities. Room was great, 3 bedroom lock off, big and nicely furnished. My daughter found Slim Jim wrappers in her bedroom. My other daughter's room had a clump of red hair on the carpet leading into her master bathroom. Fridge in two bedroom room leaked (we did not say anything could not be bothered considering the response at check in). We stayed in the one bedroom room. Master bedroom was small and very tightly layed out, check the floor plans. Very close to airport and we got 7:00am jet airplane wake up calls the entire week, not kidding. The internet is awful, slow and lost connections constantly, this is a big deal as we all rely on internet for keeping in touch and for planning your week's events, just unacceptable this day and age. As other comments have noted the pool area, hot tubs and lazy river were closed down during "Canadian" March break - are you for real. considering the amount of Canadian travellers supporting your resort you should have done some homework on this - just dumb really. You could have had it completed well before, according to your own staff who said the "timing was not good for the renovation". There was another large hot tub, but becuase the other outdoor pool was closed, this hot tub was full of kids swimming, not exactly relaxing, and no staff to advise the unsupervised kids. The sand volleyball area was nice, but way to close to the road, not good for kids who want to play there, and yes mine were supervised and I always got the ball when it crossed the road. There is not a 24 staff person the we could find when we checked out early, and no visble security at all. I feel resorts should always have visible security, like every other resort that I have stayed in Myrtle Beach - Wyndham, Blue Green and Marriot. Cost saving measure?

We have stayed in Mrytle several times, and I have to say this was my least favorite visit. Not a typical reflection of what Myrtle has to offer, just stay somewhere on the beach and do your homework.

Room Tip: get one close to the main building, it's where the only amenities are.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for providing feedback about your recent stay. We always enjoy welcoming our Owners back to their home resort and did not intend to overwhelm you with information about our resort tour program. We have found that most of our guests prefer to schedule their tour upon arrival, so that they can continue planning their vacation around the wonderful amenities that our resort has to offer. We apologize if this was not the case and in no way would want you to feel pressured. We are very sorry for any disappointment you may have experienced. It is our goal to provide every guest with a villa that is in perfect condition and I am sincerely sorry for the issues that you pointed-out. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate staff so that follow-up can occur. We pride ourselves on going “above and beyond” to provide our guests with a wonderful vacation and I am sorry that we were not made aware of your concerns so that we could have taken the opportunity to resolve them for you.

As you mentioned, our outdoor Clubhouse pool and lazy river were closed for approximately 10 days so that resurfacing of the pool deck could be completed. Trying to get this work scheduled was a true challenge due to unusually cold weather. When the weather finally cooperated, we took the opportunity to complete this project. Although we felt it was quite cold during the month of March, we understand how much warmer it must be for those of you who are from a more northerly climate. We understand that you were looking forward to utilizing our outdoor pool, no matter the weather, and we apologize that you were unable to do so.

Our security personnel are onsite from 11 pm-7 am, each day. During these evening hours, they are most often patrolling the property and may not be visible at our check-in location. There is a telephone located just next to the lobby entry doors which allows for immediate access to our security staff, who are more than happy to assist our guests.

We certainly appreciate your mention of our spacious and well-appointed villas and we hope that you will consider returning to our resort, in the future. We would welcome the opportunity to exceed your expectations and provide you with an outstanding vacation experience.

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach? Share your experiences!