First off we are Owner's with Holiday Inn, Wyndham and Geo. In Mrytle Beach there are very few choices for Holiday Inn "resorts". Both will try to get you for an "owner's update" this is true, but when you say no I don't expect to be treated poorly. When we repeatly said no "thank you" very politely, we were treated with a shove of the paperwork and a "see ya in two years response" followed with an abrupt about face, very intimidating manner, I felt embarrased for my wife and should have said something at the time, that's my fault. Wow, this is the way owners are treated....will be selling our points soon - for cost, shame on the commision salesperson and management.
Now to the room and amenities. Room was great, 3 bedroom lock off, big and nicely furnished. My daughter found Slim Jim wrappers in her bedroom. My other daughter's room had a clump of red hair on the carpet leading into her master bathroom. Fridge in two bedroom room leaked (we did not say anything could not be bothered considering the response at check in). We stayed in the one bedroom room. Master bedroom was small and very tightly layed out, check the floor plans. Very close to airport and we got 7:00am jet airplane wake up calls the entire week, not kidding. The internet is awful, slow and lost connections constantly, this is a big deal as we all rely on internet for keeping in touch and for planning your week's events, just unacceptable this day and age. As other comments have noted the pool area, hot tubs and lazy river were closed down during "Canadian" March break - are you for real. considering the amount of Canadian travellers supporting your resort you should have done some homework on this - just dumb really. You could have had it completed well before, according to your own staff who said the "timing was not good for the renovation". There was another large hot tub, but becuase the other outdoor pool was closed, this hot tub was full of kids swimming, not exactly relaxing, and no staff to advise the unsupervised kids. The sand volleyball area was nice, but way to close to the road, not good for kids who want to play there, and yes mine were supervised and I always got the ball when it crossed the road. There is not a 24 staff person the we could find when we checked out early, and no visble security at all. I feel resorts should always have visible security, like every other resort that I have stayed in Myrtle Beach - Wyndham, Blue Green and Marriot. Cost saving measure?
We have stayed in Mrytle several times, and I have to say this was my least favorite visit. Not a typical reflection of what Myrtle has to offer, just stay somewhere on the beach and do your homework.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Myrtle Beach
- South Beach Myrtle
- Holiday Inn South Beach
- South Beach Resort Myrtle Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 16 scenic acres highlighted by ponds and lush tropical landscaping just across from a pristine stretch of white-sand beach in South Myrtle Beach, South Beach Resort sports a large variety of onsite amenities, including it s own exclusive oceanfront beach club. Hours of fun await you at our spectacular resort clubhouse where you will find an indoor or outdoor pool, a Lazy River water ride, a kid s video room, a fully equipped fitness center, massage services, saunas with locker rooms for men and women and much more. In addition, guests can enjoy the Clubhouse Deli that serves sandwiches, salads, wraps, smoothies and breakfast items. Located nearby, the oceanfront Breezes Beach Club offers guests private access to the beach and a swimming pool, as well as games and locker rooms! South Beach Resort offers spacious accommodations, including one and two-bedroom villas. The villas are available in a variety of spacious floor plans. The one and two bedroom villas, both have fully equipped kitchens, a separate living room & dining room area and an oversized spa tub. All plans include a fireplace, a private screened porch, a queen size pullout sofa sleeper, plus televisions and a DVD player for those evenings in. Imagine having all the room you need to enjoy the things you love most about a great vacation * Please note that the resort does not offer daily housekeeping services. Housekeeping services are available at the property for a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.