First off we are Owner's with Holiday Inn, Wyndham and Geo. In Mrytle Beach there are very few choices for Holiday Inn "resorts". Both will try to get you for an "owner's update" this is true, but when you say no I don't expect to be treated poorly. When we repeatly said no "thank you" very politely, we were treated with a shove of the paperwork and a "see ya in two years response" followed with an abrupt about face, very intimidating manner, I felt embarrased for my wife and should have said something at the time, that's my fault. Wow, this is the way owners are treated....will be selling our points soon - for cost, shame on the commision salesperson and management.
Now to the room and amenities. Room was great, 3 bedroom lock off, big and nicely furnished. My daughter found Slim Jim wrappers in her bedroom. My other daughter's room had a clump of red hair on the carpet leading into her master bathroom. Fridge in two bedroom room leaked (we did not say anything could not be bothered considering the response at check in). We stayed in the one bedroom room. Master bedroom was small and very tightly layed out, check the floor plans. Very close to airport and we got 7:00am jet airplane wake up calls the entire week, not kidding. The internet is awful, slow and lost connections constantly, this is a big deal as we all rely on internet for keeping in touch and for planning your week's events, just unacceptable this day and age. As other comments have noted the pool area, hot tubs and lazy river were closed down during "Canadian" March break - are you for real. considering the amount of Canadian travellers supporting your resort you should have done some homework on this - just dumb really. You could have had it completed well before, according to your own staff who said the "timing was not good for the renovation". There was another large hot tub, but becuase the other outdoor pool was closed, this hot tub was full of kids swimming, not exactly relaxing, and no staff to advise the unsupervised kids. The sand volleyball area was nice, but way to close to the road, not good for kids who want to play there, and yes mine were supervised and I always got the ball when it crossed the road. There is not a 24 staff person the we could find when we checked out early, and no visble security at all. I feel resorts should always have visible security, like every other resort that I have stayed in Myrtle Beach - Wyndham, Blue Green and Marriot. Cost saving measure?
We have stayed in Mrytle several times, and I have to say this was my least favorite visit. Not a typical reflection of what Myrtle has to offer, just stay somewhere on the beach and do your homework.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations(R) South Beach Resort provides both peaceful solitude and wide variety of fun in the heart of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, the country's top beachside family vacation destination. You and your family will love the spacious villa accommodations, most with fully equipped kitchens, living and dining areas, plus free Wi-Fi internet access. The resort rests across the street from a pristine stretch of beach and the Oceanfront Breezes Beach Club, our own exclusive waterfront facility that offers a pool, kiddie pool, indoor seating area with TV and balcony, plus private beach access. On the main Myrtle Beach resort, lounge with a signature drink at the Captain Cliff's Lagoon Bar and Pool (seasonal; year-round indoor pool also available) near the resort's Clubhouse. The best vacations include time relaxing in the sauna with lockers for men and women, hot tubs or splashing with the kids in the family-favorite lazy river pool. Just steps away enjoy take-out breakfast items and casual foods at the Marketplace, plus a family video and game room to enjoy a fun diversion with the kids when you're not playing or strolling on Myrtle Beach. The resort even has a fully equipped fitness center where you can take advantage of personal time to get a good workout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Holiday Inn Myrtle Beach
- South Beach Myrtle
- Holiday Inn South Beach
- South Beach Resort Myrtle Beach