“Not so good experience - March Break” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach

You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3000 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card!
Ranked #57 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Napanee, Canada
“Not so good experience - March Break”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

First off we are Owner's with Holiday Inn, Wyndham and Geo. In Mrytle Beach there are very few choices for Holiday Inn "resorts". Both will try to get you for an "owner's update" this is true, but when you say no I don't expect to be treated poorly. When we repeatly said no "thank you" very politely, we were treated with a shove of the paperwork and a "see ya in two years response" followed with an abrupt about face, very intimidating manner, I felt embarrased for my wife and should have said something at the time, that's my fault. Wow, this is the way owners are treated....will be selling our points soon - for cost, shame on the commision salesperson and management.

Now to the room and amenities. Room was great, 3 bedroom lock off, big and nicely furnished. My daughter found Slim Jim wrappers in her bedroom. My other daughter's room had a clump of red hair on the carpet leading into her master bathroom. Fridge in two bedroom room leaked (we did not say anything could not be bothered considering the response at check in). We stayed in the one bedroom room. Master bedroom was small and very tightly layed out, check the floor plans. Very close to airport and we got 7:00am jet airplane wake up calls the entire week, not kidding. The internet is awful, slow and lost connections constantly, this is a big deal as we all rely on internet for keeping in touch and for planning your week's events, just unacceptable this day and age. As other comments have noted the pool area, hot tubs and lazy river were closed down during "Canadian" March break - are you for real. considering the amount of Canadian travellers supporting your resort you should have done some homework on this - just dumb really. You could have had it completed well before, according to your own staff who said the "timing was not good for the renovation". There was another large hot tub, but becuase the other outdoor pool was closed, this hot tub was full of kids swimming, not exactly relaxing, and no staff to advise the unsupervised kids. The sand volleyball area was nice, but way to close to the road, not good for kids who want to play there, and yes mine were supervised and I always got the ball when it crossed the road. There is not a 24 staff person the we could find when we checked out early, and no visble security at all. I feel resorts should always have visible security, like every other resort that I have stayed in Myrtle Beach - Wyndham, Blue Green and Marriot. Cost saving measure?

We have stayed in Mrytle several times, and I have to say this was my least favorite visit. Not a typical reflection of what Myrtle has to offer, just stay somewhere on the beach and do your homework.

Room Tip: get one close to the main building, it's where the only amenities are.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thanks so much for providing feedback about your recent stay. We always enjoy welcoming our Owners back to their home resort and did not intend to overwhelm you with information about our resort tour program. We have found that most of our guests prefer to schedule their tour upon arrival, so that they can continue planning their vacation around the wonderful amenities that our resort has to offer. We apologize if this was not the case and in no way would want you to feel pressured. We are very sorry for any disappointment you may have experienced. It is our goal to provide every guest with a villa that is in perfect condition and I am sincerely sorry for the issues that you pointed-out. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate staff so that follow-up can occur. We pride ourselves on going “above and beyond” to provide our guests with a wonderful vacation and I am sorry that we were not made aware of your concerns so that we could have taken the opportunity to resolve them for you.

As you mentioned, our outdoor Clubhouse pool and lazy river were closed for approximately 10 days so that resurfacing of the pool deck could be completed. Trying to get this work scheduled was a true challenge due to unusually cold weather. When the weather finally cooperated, we took the opportunity to complete this project. Although we felt it was quite cold during the month of March, we understand how much warmer it must be for those of you who are from a more northerly climate. We understand that you were looking forward to utilizing our outdoor pool, no matter the weather, and we apologize that you were unable to do so.

Our security personnel are onsite from 11 pm-7 am, each day. During these evening hours, they are most often patrolling the property and may not be visible at our check-in location. There is a telephone located just next to the lobby entry doors which allows for immediate access to our security staff, who are more than happy to assist our guests.

We certainly appreciate your mention of our spacious and well-appointed villas and we hope that you will consider returning to our resort, in the future. We would welcome the opportunity to exceed your expectations and provide you with an outstanding vacation experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Hope Mills, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The room was clean and the property is maintained pretty well. It's in a great location. It's across the street from the beach with only a very short walk to get there. This resort has plenty of pools and is a great place for families and couples that want to come and relax. One negative is internet access. The have wi-fi in all of the units, but it was like using dial-up in 1995. We tried all of the connections, but they were all bad. They had a "business center" with 2 computers, one of which was just as slow as the wi-fi in the room.
Because this is a vacation club destination they try to get you to go to a timeshare presentation when you check in. They said it would only be 90 minutes and offered a nice incentive to listen. If you are remotely interested, it will take longer than 90 minutes. You've been warned. We liked the vacation club, but it wasn't for us at this time. Our salesman Mark was super nice.
If you're looking for the Ritz Carlton, this place isn't it, but it's nice, clean, the staff is friendly, and the location is great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Hello! Thank you for your review. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the property and the location. We are nestled in a perfect location, with plenty of places to spread out and relax, as you mentioned and very easy access to tons of attractions in the area. I do apologize that you experienced trouble with your Wi-Fi connection, I hope you were able to reach out to the Tech Support Line for Wi-Fi assistance and allow them to trouble shoot the issue for a better connection. We do like to provide all of our guests with the opportunity to learn more about of and the Holiday Inn Club Vacations brand. We truly believe in what vacation ownership can do for your family’s vacations experience’s, and we’re committed to helping you find the vacation ownership package that fits your lifestyle. We apologize if this took longer than we expected. Vacations are a very personal decision and we take our time to relate and personalize your tour experience. Thank you for taking the time out of your trip to sit with us, again we do apologize that it took longer than the 90 minutes. Thank you again for telling us about your stay, we hope to see you and your family back real soon!
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I really do like this resort, and our family had a great vacation in Myrtle Beach thanks to Holiday Inn Club Vacations. Our two bedroom condo was nice and clean and we had a nice view overlooking the pool from our third floor unit. Plus, the beach-front building was just a very short walk away and easy to reach. There is also complimentary internet access and printing available in the club house.

Unfortunately, I can't give the resort a perfect rating for a few reasons:
-Housekeeping is only provided at the end of your stay unless you're prepared to fork over extra money for each cleaning. It is not completely uncommon at resorts to have such a policy, but most of them also have a practical solution offering at least one interim complimentary cleaning when you stay 4 days or more like we did. We didn't mind cleaning ourselves regularly, but it was a bit of a nuisance for a vacation.
-The resort only has one rather small indoor pool. Several nice outdoor pools, but none of them are heated so unless you're visiting in a warmer time of year, be prepared to not get little opportunity to swim unless you like frigid water.
-The wi-fi at the resort works intermittently but well. That's a nuisance as sometimes it would be out for an hour or so.

The downers are not a significant problem, but you should be aware of them if you choose this resort.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with your kids, make sure to get a one or two bedroom villa, depending on th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I am happy that you and your family enjoyed your spacious two bedroom villa overlooking the pool. You are correct, we do not provide cleaning services during your stay, as you stated, this is a pretty common practice from most Vacation Ownership resorts. If there is something that is needed, we will do our best to provide that promptly for you, however there is a nominal fee for cleaning services, if requested. I do apologize that you had trouble with the Wi-Fi connection while you were here. I certainly hope the IT support team was contacted see what may have been causing your connection issues, nonetheless, I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review, I hope to see you back soon.
Forsyth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was just in town for an overnight stay for work but they made my evening great. The accommodations were a lot more than I expected and wish I'd had more time to spend on the property. When I return to Myrtle Beach this will be the place I stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
It is often difficult for the business travelers to see all that we have to offer at South Beach Resort. Thank you so much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your night with us and we would be happy to host your next trip to the area. See you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with my dad and step mom as they own a timeshare here and have for 10 years. We were very impressed with the room and facility. Everything was very clean and nice. Very nice condo and furnishings. We stayed 4 days and really enjoyed ourselves. The pool was being resurfaced and lots of other maintenance items were being addressed to be ready for the upcoming summer months. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your review! I loved reading about great vacation experiences. I am happy you and your family had a good time with us. We look forward to you coming back, as Owners, for many years to come!
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The property is well maintained, and has a number of amenities. The kids were looking forward to enjoying the lazy river, but that was inaccessible due to the resurfacing of the outdoor pool currently. We stayed in a two bedroom villa that had all the amenities and comforts of home so nothing was lacking. While the resort is not beachfront, it has an arrangement with a beachfront hotel directly across to facilitate this, so if you are looking for a beachfront resort, this is not it as even though the beach is on the other side of Ocean Blvd, it is quite a walk across a busy boulevard. The hotel is very conveniently located next to the airport with easy access to the boardwalk, the market common, broadway at the beach, murrell's inlet and pawley's island. It was a bit frustrating that Holiday Inn tried to pull us into attending a timeshare pitch even though we are already RCI members.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry that the kids were not able to take advantage of the Lazy River while you were staying with us. We try to plan all of the scheduled maintenance items during the most appropriate time of the year, I do apologize that it was being completed during your stay. You are correct, we are not located ocean front and it is approximately a 5 – 7 minute walk across to the beach, however we do also have the Shuttle available, that can get you to the beach and back during certain hours of the day (depending on the season). I am glad that you found the resort to be conveniently located for a lot of the attractions around town. Thank you so much for posting your review, I hope to see you back next time you come to Myrtle Beach!
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Graet check in, Impressive property, absolutely perfect 2 bedroom condo, nice and safe, beautiful pool and overall great property. I wish they had a breakfast but great value in the off season. Will go back whenh it's warmer for sure!!!!

Room Tip: all look good to me!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are certainly looking forward to your return as the weather starts to get nicer. See you soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach? Share your experiences!